WC3Banlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
Okay; I see I got banned for Backdooring with Furion.

For the unknowing
(Furion teleports anywhere explored on the map, and can summon treants. Teleport into their base, make treants, trash a building, and teleport out)

Backdooring is legal now according to TDA policy... IF you read their forums... So that's bullshit.

H

HolyMalus

SD_Ryoko said:
Whether or not its a hack is at Blizzards discression.

However, your program directly effects other people in the WC3 community; for example, myself, who has nothing to do with the program.

(Also a small reminder to keep this discussion somewhat intellectual.)

How are you influenced? You could as well be noted down on some paper banlist and kicked manually. Why don't you host your own games? :p

In my opinion the host has the full right to decide who plays in his games. Because it's a service he provides. Did you know that after the game a player joins a custom game, battle.net is no longer needed? Guess why... because the hosting is done to 100% by the computer of the host and his network connection. Why shouldn't he have the right to cut the connection of players, that he doesn't want to have in his game?

How bout you stop trying to defend the program and admit it is a hack?

Because I like the program very much and I am sure that it's no hack.

Do you know fraps? It uses the same technique to print the frame rate of a running game on top of the screen. You consider fraps to be a hack? And if you consider playing a sound and copying text to clipboard as a hack, then I can't help you.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
However, your program directly effects other people in the WC3 community; for example, myself, who has nothing to do with the program.

effects = :mad:
affects = :D

O

OMG

Malice- said:
Backdooring is legal now according to TDA policy... IF you read their forums... So that's bullshit.

The current rules announcement says that backdooring by directly teleporting into the enemy base is not allowed.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I can see how that can be exploited, but you gotta be damn good to do so, I tryed using Malf to teleport in there, but I get nailed every time by either a hero or a tower. (That might be because I suck)

O

OMG

Just teleport with Furion into the trees at the enemy base, use Force of Nature two times (first time without opening a path to the base), teleport out and let the Treants attack a building. That's the most safe way to do it.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Ah never thought of that, I'd try going in the trees to be safe, but I could never attack, so I'd go out and get nailed. I'll have fun with this little strategy. :D

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
OMG said:
The current rules announcement says that backdooring by directly teleporting into the enemy base is not allowed.
TDA has NO jurisdiction over public games.
TDA has no power to enforce rule sets in public games.

I notice Guinsoo left a few TREES in both bases.

Until Guinsoo CHANGES the game so furion can't do that, no one can tell me not to.

H

HolyMalus

SD_Ryoko said:
But someone joined my game saturday, and said
steakescape is on banlist
for generally being fag in a custom game
i got latest ver too

Heh, and you blame the program for you being listed on someone's local banlist? As I already said he could as well have noted you on paper and kicked you manually. By the way, WC3Banlist is not the only banlist checker.

O

OMG

SD_Ryoko said:
TDA has NO jurisdiction over public games.
TDA has no power to enforce rule sets in public games.

I notice Guinsoo left a few TREES in both bases.

Until Guinsoo CHANGES the game so furion can't do that, no one can tell me not to.

Thats true. I just wanted to correct something. Call me a smartass if you want.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Public games, yes. Private games, no. With private TDA games, not anyone could join, and you need to know the game to play in it. So, they can have as many outrageous rules in their own private games, because I don't care, but NOT Public games.

OMG said:
Thats true. I just wanted to correct something. Call me a smartass if you want.

At least we're discussing it instead of arguing about it, so just becuase you get something wrong, it doesn't mean your a smart ass. :) (Your actually nicer than some people around here)

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
HolyMalus said:
Heh, and you blame the program for you being listed on someone's local banlist? As I already said he could as well have noted you on paper and kicked you manually. By the way, WC3Banlist is not the only banlist checker.
Certainly not ~

I blame this sniveling little kid with a greeeeen snot-drip problem, who is ANGRY that I had out smart him with Furion, and now that he has some REAL POWER, he kicks ass by adding me to a list.

(My name is Brak and I'm wearing greeeeeeen underwear)
SilverHawk said:
effects = :mad:
affects = :D
Acknowledged; pwnt by SilverHawk. DOH!

R

rob

look, people are allowed to have a program that keeps track of people they think left games. you SAY they have no jurisdiction, and that it's killing your ability to play, but if you are a known leaver(or they THINK YOU ARE) they have the right to DECIDE not to play with you. there's a boot feature for a reason. you are not entitled to play in every public game on battle.net.

the game's only questionable feature is the one that auto-kicks people. the other features only LISTEN, maybe you missed that part. that means that the program only looks at information that is SENT TO ITS COMPUTER. you give it the ip address, it just interprets it. the clipboard is a feature of like windows or something, all it does it copy to it. if i had a microsoft word list of leavers, i could copy and paste off it to warcraft. the ingame text isn't hacking, its displaying on the computer, superceding the game. it does not in ANY WAY affect Battle.net, and it probably doesn't even access the internet(that feature). the auto-kick is just making it a little easier to kick known leavers out.

my point is this is the moral equivalant of keeping a list on post-its and calling your friend to compare lists. its just e-postits. you have no right to join every game

// Edited for language.

Y

Youre Wrong

1) Teleporting into the enemy base is a bannable offense. Read the TDA guidelines if you doubt this. Trees were added for aesthetic reasons. (Do not argue here, Im on the development team.)
2) The program only listens, and does not alter the .exe in any way, shape or form. My understanding is that regarding autokick, it merely denies that users connection to your computer. It is centralized around what happens to your computer when someone joins your game, and therefore does not interfere with bnet.
3) As a host of a custom game, you provide a "service" , in the sense that you allow other people to join who cant otherwise host. You have sole discretion over who can and cannot join. Yes, you paid for the game, but so did I, and if I dont want you in my game, youre not entitled to join.
4) Learn a little bit about the program before you go making false accusations. Go to the forums, read up a little bit, think, then make your post with correct information
5) Blizzard doesnt give a shit about custom game- they are games "without blizzard approved rules or specifications". Based on this and the fact that it does NOT violate EULA, dont go posting shit like "I have a feeling banlist will be going down soon", because it wont, and you have no clue what youre talking about.

-Me

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Word gets around, 56k. Just ignore these idiots, naturally if they're apart of this bullshit list, they're going to defend it. They're just taking advantage of a loophole because they have nothing better to do.

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.