WC3Banlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. But if you type 'wvc3banlist' on google, were second or third on the results list, because of this thread.

Perhaps it attracts them.

Regardless, dont worry about it. It doesn't really matter, so just ignore it.

The truth is, Blizzard does not care about Warcraft III anymore. Despite the problems with spam bots and third party programs, they have not done anything.

Since January, they have posted 3 news articles when you log on to battlenet. THREE.

All that matters is WOW - the new money maker. WOW got four announcements in one day, three the day before, 2 before that, and so on.

Wow even made announcements about a FEW accounts breaking rules.

Yet thousands break rules in Warcraft III, and they say nothing. Tech support does nothing.

Since Warcraft III is old, and doesn't make money - I would not be suprised if they didn't hope people would quit - imaging paying for the warcraft III servers that make 0$.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sorry guys but I have to side with Guest on this one. The way Battle.net is designed - the game is hosted by the game hoster's connection - and if they want to kick someone it is outside of Battle.net control. It is a technicality but I am a supporter of programs that allow control over who you are hosting on your connection.

If Battle.net hosted the games that is a different story - but denial of a connection goes square in line with Terms of Service and Free Will on who you want to play the game with if you are footing the resources. IMO.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, it goes beyond that. For example:

Youre Wrong said:
1) Teleporting into the enemy base is a bannable offense. Read the TDA guidelines if you doubt this. Trees were added for aesthetic reasons. (Do not argue here, Im on the development team.)

How can a mapmaker enforce such rules in a PUBLIC game? They can't make people do anything.

You can't make a map, release it, and say "When you play, you have to play like this, and you cant do this, this and this."

I'm joining dota now, and being Furion.

B

Banlist User

Those are the rules created by the mapmakers.... period. That is how they intend to have their map played, it is something they REALIZE is messed up, but cannot fix.- so most members with common sense in the community realize just how cheap that is, and how it can ruin a game. Personally, I wouldnt ban you if you did it the first time, but after I warned you to chill out, and you did it again...you bet your ass Id ban you. Thats just cheap man, winning isnt everything, its how you play the game.
I would also love to point out how everyone reads the guests comments, and basically says "ignore them". Thats always an intelligent way to have an argument- ignore the other sides points of view. Maybe if you listened you wouldnt sit here and post crap thats utterly false. Id recommend going to the forums at www.wc3banlist.de and looking around. It is funny how the people who have done this, use the program, and have a CLUE what theyre talking about are the ones siding with the program. Just take a look at it, thats all :) Couldnt hurt...
-Me

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I ignore it because most of those posts lean torwards personal attacks, somewhat like yours does towards me, and others who posted here. Logically, my higher interests are to protect other users of this community.

My original post was not intended to start a debate with another community; yet to be discussed amongst ourselves. My opinions do not reflect the views of TheHelper.net.

I like to exploit all avaiable features designed into the map and encorporate them into a winning strategy. Its just too hillarious to pick furion, spend his money on a chicken block, hold the lane with his treants, then backdoor once hes higher level. All of which, this map allows, and they have neglected to fix. Of course, you never hear your own team complain :)

Trying to force people to play a certain way is....well... futile. There are other games to join. Other accounts. Other IP's. We can host our own.

Not all about winning? That must be why 95% of the signatures on allstars are about 'pwnt', 'noob', 'pawned', 'owned' and 'gg' - because its not all about winning.

Cheap? Bone fletcher is the cheapest hero in WC3 history, and everyone picks him.

B

Banlist User

You block creeps too :/ Those are each bannable, cheap ass tactics, and you use them together lol. No wonder you got banned ;)
I guess were just different types of players. I play to have a good time, and would never do something like that to win. I feel that if our team got outplayed, we deserve to lose... Games won cheaply just leave a bad taste afterwards....and a gg can be completely ruined by someone doing that. For me, its not about winning, its about how you play the game. Obviously you have other priorities and winning is most important, even if the game is ruined for the people on the other team. I guess were just going to have to agree to disagree.
Id like to say that there are counters to every hero, and that YES, some are cheaper than others. BUT, nothing makes me happier than just owning the shit out of clinkz rhasta, etc with heroes like Bane Elemental and Magina. You dont have to stoop to their level.
Also, Id like to point out that you were not shitlisted from TDA for winning. Thats bullshit and you know it. Im an Administrator for TDA, and it takes a lot to get someone shitlisted. Dont falsify facts to help your argument, especially when that argument is discrediting a wonderful program and based on flawed knowledge, or in this case, a complete lack of knowledge about the subject.
-Me

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, honestly, if those tactics anger people, it doesn't bother me. Everyone who posts on the balance forum is called a whiner - whose whining?

The only thing I said in this thread about the TDA 'shit list', was that I was not referring to it, and I don't play there often. Unless someone else said it.

If you want acknowledgment for being a TDA admin, you'll need a better sig than 'Me'. (Well....if your... sickle...don't bother please.)

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Banlist User said:
Im an Administrator for TDA, and it takes a lot to get someone shitlisted.

It does NOT take alot to get someone shitlisted. That has to be one of the falsest statements I've ever read. Does the name Pendragon ring a bell? He shitlists people left and right just because he doesn't like them. Maybe you should double check the gobal tda list, and some of the reasons. Or speak to your fellow admins about why they ban people.

?

Youre correct there, I should rephrase, people can be banned for stupid reasons, but NOT winning. No one would be banned for winning, as it requires 1) a replay of an offense or 2) Mods discretion. If it is the latter, that mod would be quickly removed. You said in an earlier post you were shitlisted for winning, which is false.
About my sig, Im a guest lol. Not going to spend time making a sig for a forum Ill post on for two days. And no, Im not sickle. Back to my point: you did two bannable offenses and got banned. You deserved it. Period. That shouldnt be a shocker. The bottom line is banlist is a great tool, and its not going anywhere. Get used to its presence. When you wanna play a fun game, where the team who outplays the other wins, and people dont leave or lame the hell out of a game, download banlist for yourself and give it a try. Even if you dont like it, youll still have a clue what youre talking about then :)
-Me

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Eh, this is why I prefer ToB. When they find an exploitable bug, they rmeove it, not make a Shitlist to ban people who exploit it. ;)

?

Perhaps you should wait and see in 6.07 :) And we cant change Furion, common sense should apply. Its also not the best idea I say who I am because my views dont necessarily reflect TDA's :)

P

PwnThePanda

Lol I see people whining all the time and in like 2 secs there shitlisted.

Im scared to join the games that say banlist on.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sure you could.

Nice region in the scourge base. Trigger, unit finishes casting ability, checks location. Game display to player 'You can't teleport here.' and a move-instant back to home.

- Or -

A trigger based teleport that moves him manually - before action it checks location, and denies the move. Its so simple. I see they did similar things with other abilities in the scripts/war3map.j file, so they could fix furion.

But hey, they never listen to the fking suggestion forum anyway!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the topic, but I'm bored! :D

OOH, and the score is:

Ryoko - 1
Banlist - 0

Alexander

?

Well then you have two options:
1) Play games riddled with leavers and morons.
2) Join a banlist game and take the small risk that the host is on a power trip. The risk of leavers/lamers is much higher than the risk of an abusive host. :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Correction, I believe there to be at least one more option, unless there's something preventing this one:

Host your own damn game with your friends and have fun for a change.

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.