Wc4???

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Wc4 just sounds horrible, once you take almost anythign to game #4 it gets repeditive, boreing, and almost useless, and the taking of the making SC2 taking until 2009 i and a freind could make SC2 in less than that time frame, no offence to blizzard but thier games lately have been over all pitifull, if it werent for the world edititor WC3 would be a 30$ coaster for my drink...

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
True.... Wasn't TFT released almost two years after ROC, though?

It's suprising how Warcraft is 4 years old, and still thousands of people STILL play it.

Not quite, RoC was released in 2002, TFT in 2003.

The game is 3 years old.

WC2's expansions were the BATTLE.NET version and the expansion expansion. WC3 already ahs Battle.net.

WC2 Battle.net wasn't an expansion, it was a re-release of the original game with the expansion included into it, plus the ability to play on Battle.net. But maybe that's what you said, I couldn't really understand what you wrote.... :p

Wc4 Is Probily not happening or at least not for a while.

That's an under-exageration, if anything. You guys gotta think about it from a financial point of view. Blizzard don't need to do anything in the Warcraft franchise for a long time, if ever, because they get a constant stream of cash from WoW's monthly fees (they just got 1.5 million new subscribers recently when WoW was released in China). And given that they are constantly hiring new people and putting more resources into WoW, I don't really see any room for them to make a new Warcraft game any time soon - at least not in this decade in my opinion.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Darg said:
That's an under-exageration, if anything. You guys gotta think about it from a financial point of view. Blizzard don't need to do anything in the Warcraft franchise for a long time, if ever, because they get a constant stream of cash from WoW's monthly fees (they just got 1.5 million new subscribers recently when WoW was released in China). And given that they are constantly hiring new people and putting more resources into WoW, I don't really see any room for them to make a new Warcraft game any time soon - at least not in this decade in my opinion.
Lets do a little math, just to see how much they're making off WoW.
1) There are roughly 4 million people on WoW. These people must have bought the game.
2) The game is still about $50 (at least at our WalMart, and about everywhere else in Pennsylvania)
3) $50 x 4 million = $200,000,000
4) The subscribtion is $15/month, and people usually sign up for 3 months.
5) $15 x 3 = $45
6) $45 x 4 million = $180,000,000
7) $180,000,000 + $200,000,000 = $380,000,000
Let's just say I wish I was that rich :)

This proves that Blizzard should be able to take over the world :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Take out taxes, all the people working on it, their pay check, supplies to make MORE discs, new upgraded software to the computer, and you've probably chopped a good... I don't know, fifth off of that. At least.

I'm not good with taxes, so forgive me if I'm wrong with my estimate there.

Sargon

Reaction score
More like three fifths.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
It's safew to say there won't be a Warcraft IX for a good 5 years, if at all.

So let's stop arguing about it.

Sargon

Reaction score
Warcraft 9?

Sargon

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, conan, what level math did you study last year? :p

Sargon

Reaction score
OK, then what's this year in Roman numerals? :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Mmv

Sargon

Reaction score
No, MMV :p

Anyway, back on topic, Conan is right. Warcraft IX won't be out for a LONG time, if ever.

He's also right about Warcraft IV, incidentally.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I put MMV but the site fixed it -.- Anti-yelling bs options. It's the same thing.

Quick little chart for those of you stupid to Roman numerals
I
The easiest way to note down a number is to make that many marks - little I's. Thus I means 1, II means 2, III means 3. However, four strokes seemed like too many....

V
So the Romans moved on to the symbol for 5 - V. Placing I in front of the V — or placing any smaller number in front of any larger number — indicates subtraction. So IV means 4. After V comes a series of additions - VI means 6, VII means 7, VIII means 8.

X
X means 10. But wait — what about 9? Same deal. IX means to subtract I from X, leaving 9. Numbers in the teens, twenties and thirties follow the same form as the first set, only with X's indicating the number of tens. So XXXI is 31, and XXIV is 24.

L
L means 50. Based on what you've learned, I bet you can figure out what 40 is. If you guessed XL, you're right = 10 subtracted from 50. And thus 60, 70, and 80 are LX, LXX and LXXX.

C
C stands for centum, the Latin word for 100. A centurion led 100 men. We still use this in words like "century" and "cent." The subtraction rule means 90 is written as XC. Like the X's and L's, the C's are tacked on to the beginning of numbers to indicate how many hundreds there are: CCCLXIX is 369.

D
D stands for 500. As you can probably guess by this time, CD means 400. So CDXLVIII is 448. (See why we switched systems?)
M M is 1,000. You see a lot of Ms because Roman numerals are used a lot to indicate dates. For instance, this page was written in the year of Nova Roma's founding, 1998 CE (Common Era; Christians use AD for Anno Domini, "year of our Lord"). That year is written as MCMXCVIII. But wait! Nova Roma counts years from the founding of Rome, ab urbe condita. By that reckoning this is 2751, or MMDCCLI.

_
V

Larger numbers were indicated by putting a horizontal line over them, which meant to multiply the number by 1,000. Hence the V at left has a line over the top, which means 5,000. This usage is no longer current, because the largest numbers usually expressed in the Roman system are dates, as discussed above.

Google is your friend.

Sargon

Reaction score
49 is XLIX, correct? Or is it IL?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Probably IL

1 less from 50 is 49.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
here's something funny about roman numerals. Its from www.brainofbrian.com Hope you enjoy it.

The truth is finally known! Barney seems innocent and sweet but in fact he is Satan. It's all very simple:

1) Start with the given: CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR

2) Change all U's to V's (which is proper Latin anyway): CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR

3) Extract all Roman Numerals: C V V L D I V

4) Convert into Arabic values: 100 5 5 50 500 1 5

5) Add all the numbers: 666

Thus, Barney is Satan.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
lol theyd b making Wc9 in like hmmmm 86 years lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.