We need a way test code without having to burn a CDR or DVD every time.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Stephen said

I'd love it it we could get an SD based optical drive emulator for these machines, as well as a way of uploading code via the controller port as opposed to burning a CD-R every time. I would actually say, that is more important for now (IMHO) than getting authentication to work. If we had this, more developers could be persuaded to try stuff.

Carl from Songbird said:

What we'd need is a boot disc that knows how to accept code downloads to DVD player RAM, then jump to the start of the code and execute. Basically a Jaguar-style BJL protocol but for NUON, probably using a USB to Firewire cable.

Can we continue this discussion here? This is the only thing from the things we need to do that has not been addressed.

songbird

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Another option would be to get a SD card reader booting with a disc, as that could be a stand-alone solution for gamers as well as developers.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the line on a NUON Dev Kit. Would this help us develop a solution like this?

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Certainly - it's the top priority I will work on if I get it. I'm open to collaboration on this, as I would need some assistance on the hardware side.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Skah T (Dragonshadow) is working on getting the Dev Kit ready and I am sure dusting off some stuff so now we are on NUON time... which usually means everyone is busy so it just takes a while. Stay tuned... things are a working....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.