Webspace?

GOGETIA

Reaction score
I have recently been learning HTML but i still don't know how to get webspace. I have some questions about it. Is there any place to get free webspace but so the website is mine and not like .websites or something? how much does webspace cost? is it monthly?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You're looking for some kind of web hosting service. Any decent host will cost money per month, but there are free ones out there. Most of those will be pretty low quality and usually require you to have ads on your site. If you want, drop me a PM and I might be able to find some space somewhere. :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As for the domain without .website.com, you will need to purchase a domain name. I reccomend http://www.godaddy.com

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
As for the domain without .website.com, you will need to purchase a domain name. I reccomend http://www.godaddy.com

this - this would be the domain name, and then for the hosting you can find various free sites, but they will usually have limitations on bandwidth/emails/etc. unless you start paying - also keep your hosting and domain name seperate (I.E. from different companies), or you can set up your own server for hosting (original xbox's hacked with linux work well for this purpose)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, with the free sites you usually can't use your own domain name, as they don't allow you to manage your nameservers.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Also, with the free sites you usually can't use your own domain name, as they don't allow you to manage your nameservers.

this can be done from the domain name end, in my goDaddy account, I can just have it secretly redirect to whatever site I want (with no hosting paid on goDaddy), I would assume others are the same

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can URL mask your free web space to your domain, but you won't get the ability to have example.com/directory/file, you would just have example.com on all pages.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
+1 for Zymic, they get the job done for free without ads.

You can use your own domain name if you have one, too.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
www.bluehost.com

The best I've found so far. I use it for all my webhosting needs. FTP Client, MySQL support, and you get unlimited data/up to 25 domains for less than $10 a year.

Lyzet

Reaction score
I'm using hostmonster.com - exceptionally cheap, and i didnt need more than they could offer, so you could check it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.