Welcome to the Family

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
[URL=http://filesmelt.com/]
mr_welch.png
[/URL] Welcome to the Family

It's about time you got your hands dirty.

In "Welcome to the Family" you assume the role of an Associate, a low-level thug for the Mafia. Through missions, raids and jobs you can advance up the Mob hierarchy, acquiring better weapons/properties/clothing and possessions. Work hard and keep your loyalties in line and you just may rise to the top. Maybe one day you will even start your own Family. Break the rules or fail the Don...and you'll be sleeping with the fishes in no time.

This is a roleplay based on stats and dice rolls. I'll be the DM. You decide what actions you want to attempt, and I'll roll the dice. Based on the roll and your stats, actions will end differently. I'll also provide random loot drops and events, but in the end your success is based on your own planning and strategies. There's going to be a lot of freedom involved in this game. The brunt of gameplay will consist of "Jobs" in which players band together and attempt hits/heists/kidnappings. These "Jobs' are basically the rp's dungeons, and anything can happen. Outside these "Jobs" you can acquire property, hold meetings, buy new stuff and much more. You may even need to plan the downfall of other players to rise to the top. After all, there can only be one Don.

I'll post rules and character creation guides if there's enough interest. Otherwise, Fuhgeddaboudit.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
A new Roleplay, looks nice. Glad to see I don't have to make every Roleplay. xD
It looks interesting but I think it would be a good idea to have an intro on the setting and along with the plot. So we can have a better idea what were getting in.

I also don't know if you want to a full-fledged DnD/DM RP with dice rolls, just from experience on the forum I think it should just be a DM RP without dice rolls you just put your input and we go from there. As long as you're a fair narrator you should be fine.

Also try to keep OOC posts to a minimal, you are free to use the Roleplaying Guild Social group, for as many discussions as you want. Even put the RP in there if you want (which is what we hope to do for smaller RPs to keep the main WC uncluttered.)

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I plan on writing an intro/background if people are interested in the basic idea.

As far as dice rolls, I like the idea because it will make the Stats actually useful. People can give very broad ideas of the actions they want to do, and the dice will take it from there. Other than the specific outcomes, people have full control over their actions.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
join in a session of extinction next week so you can the basic idea of how its done

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i dont think dice can be done over forums, who knows how many times you rolled before a posting plus, it would be a pain.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Which Is why I couldn't see how it would work,
Also, I'm very curious as to see how the plot etc turns out :3

As far as I know, Gaiaonline has a dice rolling feature integrated into each post, just for these situations, or many other 'luck-based events'.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I don't see the dice being a problem. During a Job each member of the party will post their intended action. After each person has posted, I will roll the dice and based on their stats and dice roll, they will either Fail miserably, Fail, Narrowly succeed, Succeed, Succeed Impressively, or Exceed. These levels of success will determine the effects of their action, which I will then post.

Here's an example NOTE: This example will not include stats, simply basic rolls.

Scenario (posted by DM)-Before you stands the Red Hen Convenience Store. It's a small building, with glass windows on all sides. Inside you can see three customers moving about the aisles. Behind the counter sits an elderly man watching a football game on a small radio television. The cash register sits before him on the counter, taunting you with its hidden treasures. (This is a weak description, but good enough for an example)

Player One will then post what his character Henry will attempt

Player One-Henry takes a long drag from his cigarette before turning to his friend. "It's showtime boys," he says as he pulls a black ski mask over his head. Without waiting for a response, he climbs out of the car and enters the store. The old man looks up to ask if he needs help finding something. In response, Henry whips out his pistol. He attempts to subdue the cashier.

Player Two will now post what his character Greg will attempt

NOTE: His actions will happen simultaneously with Player One's

Player Two-Greg struggles to get his mask on as he stumbles from the car after Henry. He gropes his pockets and panic sets in. Where the hell is it? he thinks wildly, as he continues to search himself. Relief comes as he finds the familiar shape, shoved in his back pocket. He draws out the Colt .45 and enters the store. As Henry works to subdue the cashier, Greg fires a shot into the air and attempts to round up the customers.

Both players have now submitted their intended actions, the DM will now roll and see how they turn out. NOTE: These rolls in no way describe the dice system, I have yet to figure out exactly how Success Rolls will work. These are just abstract examples

1.) Henry rolls a 10 and Succeeds. The old man puts his hands in the air and begins to tremble. "Don't shoot," he implores as he opens the cash register with a gratifying Cha-Ching. He shovels the money into Henry's bag.

2.) Greg rolls a 3 and Fails. Greg manages to huddle two of the customers into a corner, but as he turns, the third wings a can of yams at him. It smashes into his face and blood starts to pour out his nose. The customer darts for the door.

Now that the actions have been resolved, the players will post new ones. Perhaps Henry will make a break for it with the money. Maybe Greg will blast the customer into a bloody mess as he reaches the door. Who knows? It's all up to the player.

As you can see there are infinite actions players can attempt, it's all up to their creativity. Success isn't guaranteed. Maybe next time Henry will Fail Miserably and the old man will pull a shotgun out from behind the counter.

Endless possibilities.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
That's a pretty cool idea. A shame if your teamate fails, you fail :D But that's life.
Would there be stats to increase chance of success? Like a higher rank person that's already hardened up, like moral points to allow like double roll or something? Since pros don't mess up as easily, heh.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Yeah there's going to be Stats that will help different types of actions. Someone who is more proficient guns will be less likely to miss a shot, players with higher agility will have less trouble scaling walls etc.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Yes forum-based I have neither the time nor the inclination to devote blocks of time to xfire rp sessions. If you're still interested in helping though you can pm me.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Forum based is easier for me, too, since I don't have time to "devote blocks of time to xfire rp sessions" either.
I'd be interested in helping, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.