What are your current project?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Just to spark some life into this forum, what are you currently working on? Are you considering starting anything / coming back?

Not many people post here anymore, for me, it's mostly because I dont need help that often, but I still like to help people posting here :)

Tell us what you are doing - We might even be able to help you with some ideas :)

X-maul

Reaction score
I've recently started working with the editor again, and I started creating a SC2 version of the, once popular, Wc3 map; Enfo.

Enfo is a map where you as a team, defend you spawn, against waves after waves of enemy units.
The map is either played as one team fighting to survive till the end, or as two teams competing against eachother to survive the longest, using a shrine with various spells, to disrupt the enemy team.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
In SC specifically? Nothing. Has Blizzard released modelling and animation conversion tools yet?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
In SC specifically? Nothing. Has Blizzard released modelling and animation conversion tools yet?

Last I heard, they were in a closed beta that I was in. I think it got released some time ago, but I'm not sure.

Although it depends on what you're talking about. I'm talking about the Art tools showcased on blizzcon.

Personally, I am still working on Cruiser Command off and on. Mostly fixing stuff and sometimes adding some new stuff. Robo Rally is another project that I am kind of working on. I am also working on a standalone version of Cruiser Command using Unity.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I mean like the .m3 conversion tools so you can import models into the editors. For a while I was working on one of them, but I dropped it when I decided that if I want to do mods I might as well do it on a game with at least SOME fucking developer support.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The SC2 Art Tools have been out for a while now. That is currently what I am working on, but I haven't done any 3D modelling before so it is slow going. Here is a WIP of my current model. Still working on the texturing (diffuse map is done, but normal, specular and emissive maps still need work)

StargateWIP.jpg

X-maul

Reaction score
Personally, I am still working on Cruiser Command off and on. Mostly fixing stuff and sometimes adding some new stuff. Robo Rally is another project that I am kind of working on. I am also working on a standalone version of Cruiser Command using Unity.
Oh, seems interesting :) So you plan on actually releasing CC as a standalone game (in the future)?

The SC2 Art Tools have been out for a while now. That is currently what I am working on, but I haven't done any 3D modelling before so it is slow going. Here is a WIP of my current model. Still working on the texturing (diffuse map is done, but normal, specular and emissive maps still need work)

Neat :D I assume it's some kind of portal, are you going to use it for a specific project, or you're just toying around? :)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
It's a Stargate (from the tv show). I was thinking about making a Stargate Mod so for the moment I'm just working on Stargate related models.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, seems interesting :) So you plan on actually releasing CC as a standalone game (in the future)?

Hopefully, although it's a lot more to do. SC2 helps you out with a lot of stuff.

It's also hard to find time and motivation for it right now.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
I want to learn GE with another noob for motivation and support but I am an average programmer with no GE experience :( Been messing around with dialogues though which I always enjoy :)

X-maul

Reaction score
I want to learn GE with another noob for motivation and support but I am an average programmer with no GE experience :( Been messing around with dialogues though which I always enjoy :)
Well, you should consider creating a thread, where you seek a project partner :) I'm always happy to help though, so if you stumple upon a problem, just post here and I (we) will see what we can do to help :)

What's GE?

Galaxy Editor :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.