What Class will you play if you had to choose now?

Which class would you play if you had to choose right now?

• Total voters

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
I have always been fascinated with magic. So my answer would be Wizard, just for that reason. Glass cannons are always fun to play.

What is your favorite class thus far that you'd like to play, and why?

-Beetlebomb

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hard to decide :( I'd probably have to say Barbarian though - cool and all as magic and locusts and being a mean bastard of a caster is, the Barbarian just sounds incredible (literally going by the sound from the gameplay teasers), spine-tingling sound when you crush a monster, or just the general WHACK! or 'thumping' sounds, it's extremely enticing :)

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Yea, I can't blame you.

I heard they want barbarians to be more then just "HULK SMASH"(oh god, sorry emjlr ^^), so they added in the idea that barbarians are spiritually guided by the ancients, and how they can call upon their powers through certain means.

He gave an example of one ability where the barbarians weapons get replaced by a giant glowing hammer that flat out swings at monsters and flattens them. Your old weapons float in the air meanwhile, attacking other nearby enemies.

Sounds pretty cool, I hope they keep that in the game.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
WOW

very hard to decide...
I'm a big fan of Diablo.. so i'll have to say all 3.
Their skills are both unique, and very cool! Barbarian is a nasty b*st**d that kills whatever he sees. Witch Doctor is both deadly and brutal. His skills are based on Death! cool! And Wizard is a powerful well. Wizard!!!

:D

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Barbarian is a given choise for me:D
There is just nothing that beats tanking down hordes of enemies in the morning:cool:

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
I just get this feeling that, by being a Barbarian you're going to have trouble taking hits from all the bosses because of the lack of potions they're adding in. By being a ranged class you can use the other players as your meat shield and still do massive damage.

If they plan on Barbarians being able to take a sh*t-ton of damage, then I can see that not being a problem, and I might reconsider my Wizard of choice.

As of right now though, Barbarians seem too vulnerable to all the new encounters we're coming face to face with.

A good example would be the summoned mini-boss. In order for the well-geared barb to kill it, he needed to charge it and then leap away to avoid getting hit, and this was when blizzard removed mana cost. Imagine what it would be like if you could only cast 2 sets of the charge/leap away skills. That would make the encounter very difficult.

However, we'll just have to wait and see what type of ranged-physical class Blizz can conjure up. We know that there are only going to be two more, one for sure being a ranged physical.

On the battle.net forums, they keep discussing about Paladins(Strong holy melees that can take a beating), and a ranged-physical class(Archer? Ranger?).

EDIT: Also, according to the poll right now, Witch Doctors ain't gettin' much love! Something must be done!

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
because of the lack of potions

What is with people and this? Has blizzard simply said "there will be no potions!"?

In the gameplay video he says something like this: "We have added these health orbs so that the player won't have to run out of potions all the time."
It is not word by word, just something similiar.

If you got ONE statement from blizzard where they says "There will be no potions in diablo 3", quote it and post a link!:eek:

Edit: Watched the gameplay video just now, He says that the orbs are there so that the player does not need to rely on potions, not that there is none.

Edit2: Btw, if they did remove the potions, the diablo would never be the same, no mana-junkies:( If they did remove them, that could be why the nec is not in the game, blizzard probably discovered his mana stach and put him into rehab:p

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Why the hell are you asking people what class they'll play when there's 2 not even released yet?

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
@Samael88

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that! I was merely saying that they want potions to be used less, so there is a lack of them--they're not extinct ^^.

@Seth_Cross

Because I'm a Diablo freak(as with all blizz games), and I'm just curious as to what peoples opinions are. I'm sorry if you don't share the same interests as I - -

D

Daniel1992

choose class

I have really hard to choose betwen them but i have to say Witch Docter because it's a whole new class. Barbarian and Wizard(Sorcerer)has always been in the diablo games. So i have to choose Witch Docter just because it's the newest class.

Deele

Reaction score
Witch Doctor looks like strongest guy :thup: His abilities makes me recall druid high level spells and abilities...

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i voted for wizard but WD comes a very close second and barbarian is not far behind.
cant wait for d3 to come out, that is if i get a good enough comp for when it comes out

Megika

Reaction score
Where have they said Witch-doctor has healing spells?

Anyways, Wizard for me. Always had fun with the difficult, tactical classes - hopefully the Wizard will be one.

Revengez

Reaction score
Witch Doctor looks uber. I can't wait for D3. Witch doctors spells are hot, and look really cool. So witch doctor ofc! :p

LoveTD's

Reaction score
wizard for me, I'm a sorceress fan.. I have had a 43k dmg soso on diablo 2 ^^ (no nooby cheats -_-" 4 real :D)

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
Potion system will be similar and they are not lacking, droppable potions will be the near the same % as before in D2 and they will simply cost more then before to buy, so no lack of potions they are just more expensive to buy now. aka using same price system for a greater instead of costing 450 will now be 750

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Witch Doctor just looks sweet. In the teaser where he summoned that wall of zombies that burst up flailing around killing things that walked into it, just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. It seems like it would be a super fun class to play.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Was thinking Barbarian at first, then Wizard came out.

Definitely Wizard. :)

rodge_002

Reaction score
Wizard

Definitely, definitely wizard.

I really like what they did to the Barbarian, and I want to play the Witch Doctor too (The only thing that bugs me is that they forced him to wear a quite boring outfit to look at in the course of the game), but the Wizard is definitely interesting. She's unlike the sorceress in the past, that completely focuses on the three elements only.

Whereas the Wizard mainly focuses at magic even out of their world. :D

Time slow is awesome!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.