what do you think the sys reqs will be?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i was thinking, but i might not even be able to get d3 cuz of system requirements. what do you guys think will be the specs needed for d3?

cuz now most games i see need Pixel Shader, which my gfx card doesnt have. nor do i have a large amount of memory, only 512 altogether.:thdown:

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Well you probably have at least year to save. My guess is if you can't run today's titles you probably won't be able to run D3. In a years time the pc parts available now should be cheap as chips so to build a computer just before the release of D3 that meets the system requirement won't cost alot. No One can say what the requirements will be until blizzard releases them tho.

Here is a speculated sys req. for SC2 taken from www.starcraftwire.net -

Minumum Requirements
GFX: GeForce 7/8 Series or Radeon 1000/2000 with 256 MB RAM
CPU: Pentium 4
RAM: 1 GB
Internet: ADSL 1 Mbit

Recommended Requirements
GFX: GeForce 8000 or Radeon 2000 series with 512 MB RAM
CPU: Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2.
RAM: 2 GB
Internet: ADSL 3 Mbit

Optimal Requirements
GFX: Geforce 9000er or Radeon 3000er Series
CPU: Core 2 Duo 3 GHz or Athlon X2
RAM: 2GB with DualChannel mode

....so really in a years time it won't cost shit to meet the requirements for that game. I spent $700 upgrading my comp a month ago and it meets the speculated optimal requirements, in a years time time you'll probably spend bout $400 to get something better, $100 for the game, $6 for the b.net security keychain and $6 for a coke and doritos. :p

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I don't believe the sys requirements for D3 or SC2 will be very high at all. SC2 would get laggy though, since the reqs will probably be made for the campaigns, not the custom maps.

I'm guessing 1gig - 2gig RAM, 256-512 gfx, and 2.0ghz - 3.0ghz dual core cpu will be the max.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
damn, i aint got even close to that. i got a 64 gfx, 512 memory, 2ghz p4
crap comp eh guess i cant even play sc2 suxorz

well i prolly wont be getting SC till like 2010. it took me till 06 to get the wc3 reqs so im screwed =\

time to get a job :thdown:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Optimal Requirements
GFX: Geforce 9000er or Radeon 3000er Series
CPU: Core 2 Duo 3 GHz or Athlon X2
RAM: 2GB with DualChannel mode

9k Series != 3k Series!
This isn't correct.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Higher end 3k cards can take on the 8k low to med-hi and a few of the lower end 9k. The 4k cards (4850,70,70x) take on highend 8k, med-hi+ 9k and the 2xx series.

MurderMode

Reaction score
Higher end 3k cards can take on the 8k low to med-hi and a few of the lower end 9k. The 4k cards (4850,70,70x) take on highend 8k, med-hi+ 9k and the 2xx series.

yeah so thats right then, 3k does = 9k in a respect. I guess what they were saying is that a 3k card is the base minimum radeon card (for optimum), with a 9k being a safe base for the geforce.... just saves them listing 20 diff cards.

Anyways it doesn't matter because they aren't official specs, but from Tee's p.o.v. to be within the mid range should mean you will have a computer atleast capable of running the game.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
Nah i agree, blizzard always make their games for a wide range of pcs, this includes my lousy one here :thup: besides, even though the graphic requirements may not be high, they always manage to use the graphics they have (if limited) well, look at starcraft for example :)

MurderMode

Reaction score
Nah i agree, blizzard always make their games for a wide range of pcs, this includes my lousy one here :thup: besides, even though the graphic requirements may not be high, they always manage to use the graphics they have (if limited) well, look at starcraft for example :)

I think that's a popular misconception thinking that just because Blizzard's current games run on your pc the new ones will too. If you think you are going to run SC2/D3 on anything less then 256 of gfx power then you'll just be blowing $100 on the game. Even with that you'll be cutting it close, the graphics of SC2 and D3 look amazing and like they smash anything else they have released to date... there's no limiting for dodgy old comps in sight :) joy

Their games do run on a wide range of pcs.... just the current range. A low end computer these days is much more then a high end pc from 2 years back.... and considering that next year's pcs will be a jump ahead of today's you should really consider upgrading to no less then the mid range specs I posted earlier.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
WEll duh ofcourse the graphics look good on highest setting (-_-) but do you still remember warcraft 3?, it can run on low end pcs and then it looks shit, but on full graphics it becomes playable, if they showcase a game, they aren't (OBVIOUSLY) gonna put it on the lowest setting...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.