What Do You Want In A Orpg?

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
What do you people would like to see in a Orpg. What would make it so that you would want to play it all the time?

Also what do you not want to see in a orpg?

Nabbig2 - "Being able to look forward to using attractive moves at high levels, and killing difficult, cool looking creatures."

Cookiemaster - "Actual gameplay besides the infinite grind you see in all ORPG maps."

nabbig2

Reaction score
Being able to look forward to using attractive moves at high levels, and killing difficult, cool looking creatures.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
What do you think should be a cool feature of a orpg. Any Idea is a good Idea

oobee

Reaction score
I assume you mean Online RPG - if not, ignore me

-A moderate to difficult setting that requires 4+ people to be able to successfully complete the campaign in about an hour.
(with leavers abound, optimal number of starting players is 7+)
-It should be soloable, with the ability to travel a bit faster(e.g. teleport boots/spells), however requiring more time to complete.
-The use of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse as mini-bosses.
-Anything emulating the old Starcraft "Elements" or "Lord of the Rings" RPG maps
-The grind will always be there, but as long as it isn't obnoxious or boring, it's normally tolerable.
-Unique skills and items
(DOTA seems to have set the bar, but it tends to get repetitive and boring)

That's all I have for now...

Future signature:
The more you tell me, the more I get to learn.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Hmm. Great Response.
I am asking these questions cuz I want to make my orpg for warcraft III to be what everyone is looking for. A great story Line. Amazing Dungeons. Fun Minigames. Fun Quests. Pvp. Great Terrain.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
I want to get lost in the game.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Beautiful Terrain.

And not too complicated systems.

Take for example dark invasion II, i personally find it too complicated to be fun.

And that the save load code won't be reset too often.

minikrampan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I've always had the idea of levelable items, Take a chest for example, make it have ten levels, and it can only be leveled in a dungeon for example, the item gets better every level, maybe get an active spell or something.

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
I know its probably contrary to the idea of an Orpg, but how bout a dynamic storyline?

A dynamic storyline is not a storyline that the characters all obediently follow but rather a story that develops exclusively around the actions of the players. Like to kill monsters? Somebody offers you a job as a bounty hunter. You end up getting famous. Storyline advances... etc. A system like this would be beyond awesome.

Biggest problem would be making this work, and having it be fun. The triggers for something like this would be daunting, because all of the scenarios you try to put in would fit logically by human standards, but would not make sense to the computer, so it would be difficult to get it all in.

But, if I played an Orpg set up like that, it would basically become my favorite game of all time... :thup:

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What I want:
Extra short loading time and extra small map size.
I don't care if units are smaller.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
Fights against monsters and what not should be challenging all the time, cause you to factor in enemies armor, attackspeed, spells etc in a fight.

No instant targeting abilities, to add skill to fighting.

Normal camera view, if not, a little zoomed out. I feel that a 3-person system isn't ideal for Warcraft, although I may be alone on this.

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
Solo grinding from level 1. You should be able to fight mobs without running to a healing place every kill.

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
allowing everyone to play, and not let those who are experienced clear out all the mobs, leaving junk.

oh, and a threat sistem working with integers to measure thread that's built up by damage done, and specific threat building spells and measurements etc

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.