What else do you collect for

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Other than the nuon what else do you guys collect for and what system do you play the most.

I collect all atari stuff along with sega. I have a little nintendo stuff but never really liked the nintendo stuff until the 64. I probably play my atari 5200 the most.

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't collect much anymore, but I do have a complete collection of Atari Jaguar games, and all the US Virtual Boy games. Otherwise it's just a bunch of random games and systems, nothing really noteworthy.

Xentorians

Reaction score
Ive been collecting for quite a while now, I dont have a complete set of anything just a whole buncha stuff from early computers/consoles to modern stuff. I hate to consider myself a collector, it's all just stuff i wanted to play like the next gaming system. Sometimes i wish I never had gathered together so much stuff lol. Anyhow, this will give me the opportunity of posting a trade list ive put together. Here goes:

Hello, Im looking to trade a few of my extra things ive got lying around.

Ive got:
A complete Turbo-duo system in terrific shape, plays originals and backups flawlessly
A TG16CD set with controller missing the power adapter
PAL Amiga CD32 system missing power adapter otherwise complete
3DO Panasonic front loader system complete
NUON enhanced Toshiba SD2300 DVD player with game controller, no remote, plays game and movie backups
BOXED gamecube DDR Mario mix with mat
Commodore VIC-20 computer system complete and boxed
BOXED Atari Jaguar system complete
MODDED black US Sega Saturn - plays ANY backup or original game flawlessly - You do need to patch your japan or EU ISO's to play them or use a Action replay cart or any other region enabling cart
EYE-TREK widescreen HMD's <-VR headset fantastic!
PS2-PS3 Olympus EYE-TREK HMD <--VR headset fantastic!
Stella Gets A New Brain CD (mint) and manual for Atari StarPath
Supercharger <-- this is FANTASTIC for any vintage atari fan - A really really nice gentleman has these Stella cd's in stock (originally developed by an old group called Cyberpunks) for the atari 2600, he also makes custom 2600 carts, visit his website at www.hozervideo.com
Philips Scuba HMD <-- piece of junk but a cool collector's item if your into that sorta thing
XBOX360 Wireless adapter

i'll update this list sometime as i have other things that dont come to mind right away
I'm easy to deal with and these things dont mean a whole lot to me as Ive got replacements.
I am not going to sell any of this junk on Ebay for the time being. However if youde like to check some feedback my Ebay name is Ralph2k5. all the items Ive listed work absolutely perfect and are in a condition at least satisfactory to me, I wouldnt have it if it didn't.

Its a long-shot but i'de like to trade for:

FM Towns Marty 2 game system boxed possibly
Tabletop mini arcades
IO-Display system HMD
Vectrex Light Pen or 3D Imaging glasses
Vectrex Multicarts
Famicom with disk drive
Intellivision Cuttlecart-Multicart
Atari 7800 Cuttlecart-Multicart
Laseractive CLD-A100 NEC module or LD games
laseractive 3-D goggles
Viewmaster Reel collections
MSX computer
Memorex VIS system
Palcom MSX system
Amstrad GX4000
Any other interesting offer

O

Orion1024

Other than NUON, mainly the Jaguar. I've got a variety of stuff including a Dreamcast, N64, Virtual Boy, Vectrex, Atari 7800 & 2600, Amiga, etc. My most prized collectibles are the NUONs and my sealed collection of Atari Supercharger games 1-7 (8 -10 are open, unfortunately). Those are my babies! I love my Jaguars...they're just not as rare. Most played vintage system would probably be the NUON since it's the only one I've got the room to set up :D

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I've got an old NES laying on my closet floor.
>.>

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I collected all that involves Bubsy Bobcat, and sadly I might have a complete collection. I have a Genesis, SNES, Gameboy, Playstation and PC computer just to play the games.

Of course all this started on the Jaguar, which I have a good collection for. This was started since I've collected Atari stuff, starting with the Atari 8 bit computer. I currently collect for all systems, except for the Atari ST. For all Atari console systems except for the Lynx I have a flash solution.

For the Nuon I need a N501 and Tetris.

And for the Dreamcast.. someday I hope to find a serial cable. :)

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I'd say that 99% of my collection is Atari stuff. This list is off the top of my head:

The old stuff first

Console Stuff:
Touch Me
2 Video Pinball (ugly beige style)
Stunt Cycle
Super Pong
Video Music (the holy grail of my collection - it's in the original box!)
2600 Heavy Sixer (USA built 1st run)
2600 Light Sixer
2600 4-switch Woody
2600 Jr
5200 2 port
5200 4 port
7800 (with expansion port)
Lynx 2
2 Jaguar
2 Jaguar CD

Computer Stuff
400 (16K with membrane keyboard)
2 800 (one 48K, one 32K)
600XL
1200XL (USA built staying unmodded)
1200XL (Taiwan built, current mods are 32-in-1 OS, 512KB RAM, more mods to come)
2 800XL (both unmodded)
130XE (my original from 87 still cosmetically mint. Has 32-in-1 OS, 320KB RAM, SuperVid mod, keyboard upgrade)
130XE (stock NTSC, cheap EBay spare in ugly condition)
130XE (PAL model. Currently stock, mods planned)
520ST (with built in 3.5 floppy)
1040ST (with built in 3.5 floppy)
A whole lot of peripherals for the computers. I won't list it all, but a Panasonic 24-pin dot-matrix printer, numerous printer interfaces, disk drives, modems, print buffers, XEP80, SIO2PC, flash carts, boxes of controllers

The console stuff is barely used, but my 130XE is hooked up and used almost daily to go online.

"Modern" stuff
1st gen PSX (mod chip and s-vid connector added)
Toshiba Nuon DVD player
Samsung DVD-N501 Nuon DVD player
Dreamcast
GameCube
XBOx (mod chip, custom case, 250GB HD - it's my media player)
XBox 360

Stephen Anderson

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Not a bad collection at all. You look like you have the collection I used to have before I consolidated to what would get me by.

And the modern systems, you know, I would not have a Ps2 if not for Guitar Hero. :) The Dreamcast... I forget why I got that. Amazing, more modern game systems have come into my possession for no particular reason except that they were VERY available.

Of course the same could be said for the 5200, which I was not crazy about at first but someone dumped in my lap.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the 5200 is one of my favorite systems especially since I rigged a couple new controllers up. I can't wait for the guys that are orking on tempest to get done. Hopefully they do it.

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
the 5200 is one of my favorite systems especially since I rigged a couple new controllers up. I can't wait for the guys that are orking on tempest to get done. Hopefully they do it.

Well in the meantime I guess they could always port "Livewire".

The 5200 is a nice system in the QUALITY of games they have. I didn't realize this until I joined the Atariage High Score Club. In the Atari 800 HSC I find myself really liking maybe one game every third or fourth competition. There are a lot of games I don't know, and some that are just weird. But the 800 has a huge selection.

The 5200 has a much smaller selection, but they are simplier arcade classics, so I generally DISLIKE one game in three or four. ;)

I have been lucky enough to get a 7800 redemption module for the 5200 (in retrospect I would have gone with the Sega one) and I have an Atarimax 128 in 1 USB cart. Nice stuff. The 5200 is now on the same desk area as my Atari 800, ready for game play.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.