Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you think is missing in WE?
Functions?
Gui stuff?
Maybe more JASS functions?

...Maybe another editor or the likes?

What do you think?

Personally, I think a "custom script" should be usable everywhere. In every Event, Condition and Action. And all the Pick Unit stuff. Unit could have a custom script. (Make locals THAT much easier to use in GUI)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Simplier coding
JASS:
Pick every unit in 500.00 and cause 200 points of fire damage

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Simplier coding
JASS:
Pick every unit in 500.00 and cause 200 points of fire damage

500 of what?
:p
You'll need a point there ^^

And i doubt unit would be clickable there.
Maybe unit matching condition would be available

Prometheus

Reaction score
500.00 of the default game units.
Not like your ever given anything else.
JASS:
Pick every unit in 500.00 of the casting unit and cause 200 points of fire damage and then 300 damage over 20 seconds

jhnam95

Reaction score
It needs to be easier. Jass and other stuff are too complicated.
Why the hell do we need all that? It makes life more difficult.
Better triggers and easier triggers and much more functions.
Better and easier skinning.
Faster program as in when you edit the names and such, no more pausing for 10 seconds or w/e.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
its takes me 2 seconds lol?
They need maybe easier ways to create cool sfx using shapes and such

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Faster Loading, Change the WE interface (I like the squishy looking or something fat and round square looking buttons)

Auto leak fix

Easier terraining (Sometimes it takes time before you can make a ramp)

Previewer Inside Object Editor and Trigger Editor so that you would not bother looking in the main tab anymore.

Fixed Play Testing (It sometimes crashes)

Personal Categorizing in the Import Manager (To make it easy for you to track your imported files)

Built in damage calculator.

Armor auto convert to percent (Base armor ----> Percent) so that you could adjust it properly

Terrain Pallet could be attached in the main window (Sometimes you may make some errors if some parts of the map in WE is covered with the pallet.

Custom sound sets (You may make your own sound set without overwriting other sound sets)

Loading Screen Previewer

Estimated Loading Time Calculator

More basic AI editor

Built in world editor security (Something that adds some scripts in your map that WE would recognize to increase your maps security.)

Built in Activate or De activate vJass

Multiple waterfalls (Sometimes depending on your tileset it would become green or something, water tinting does not affect it)

Multiple Cliffs (Cliffs Sometimes Spoil your terraining since you can only have 2)

More button detection triggers (I know blizzard can do this)

A trigger that can auto load another map (Like in the orc campaign)

Loading screens with animation (Loading screen with animation would make the players more patient)

More triggers involving items and destructibles (The current triggers for them are extremely complicated sometimes)

Built in JASS Tools

Freeze Mode (Stops all animations in the WE so it will be easier for people with low class hardwares)

Refresh (The WE should have refresh so that you would not take time closing and opening the editor)

Possible skills that may cause game crash detect (Its like when you run it, it will check all your custom spells and check if it causes some crashes. Like having a giant area of effect.)

Variable Organizer (Variables just get so messy sometimes)

Cheat Remover (Something that would remove the built in warcraft cheats, like in LAN so I think its easy for them)

Unit/Item/Destructible Type Slection Style (Sometimes when you accidentally put something like a custom unit and there is too many of them you will consume a lot of time dleting them one by one so there a mode where just press something or anything that will select a specific unit/destructible/items type.

Item Shadow editing (I did need it for my past game which the development is currently stopped)

Easy letter coloring (Like making a post in a forum they have something like auto add codes. Its annoying you have to arrange to much letters sometimes)

Reset all custom units (Maybe useful if you want to rollback your map, but maybe it should be in a safe place where you cant accidentally click it)

Double Save (Sometimes we loose some of our maps so this would let you make a backup folder somewhere, and every time you save WE just saves files like
Save Jan012007 2:40Pm
Save Jan012007 2:41Pm
This can be activated or deactivated)

Convert all triggers to text (Should be in a safe place too, converts all triggers to JASS instantly)

Shadow Fixer (Sometimes shadows get stucked so this would fix it)

Constant Breaker (Just break the constants limit)

Easier Tooltip editor (As I have said above the color letter thing. But I remembered you cant easily make a new paragraph in a tootip editor, How about make it like a forum post editor)

Model Duplicator (Easily Creates a duplicate model in your import manager so that you can wrap it with a skin easily)

Icon Manager (import some images and just create a category naming your icons title and just drag and drop everything there including auto cast passive and disabled icons.)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
a few icons they could just recolour and they would look good. That would be nice.

events that work with variables
or even better
specific unit event as general unit events

a remove of the limits of the map (und advenced options turn on/off)

a better jass error marker. The current one is...

every spell should havea field 'visible for player'.

a faster load time (lol, why the hell does it load like hell if I only change a units name or icon?)

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
jhnam95 said:
Faster program as in when you edit the names and such, no more pausing for 10 seconds or w/e.
That's caused by the brush list (the thing in the bottom left corner of the editor). You can turn it off by clicking on "Window" and then un-checking "Brush List".

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are some really good points :p

Another one could be having a complete list of variable types in the globals. (handles)

Edit:

Another Great one would be "Enable/Disable Import"
This'd be awesome for Terrain effects and Changing Cliff Types etc

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Faster Loading, Change the WE interface (I like the squishy looking or something fat and round square looking buttons)

Auto leak fix

Easier terraining (Sometimes it takes time before you can make a ramp)

Previewer Inside Object Editor and Trigger Editor so that you would not bother looking in the main tab anymore.

Fixed Play Testing (It sometimes crashes)

Personal Categorizing in the Import Manager (To make it easy for you to track your imported files)

Built in damage calculator.

Armor auto convert to percent (Base armor ----> Percent) so that you could adjust it properly

Terrain Pallet could be attached in the main window (Sometimes you may make some errors if some parts of the map in WE is covered with the pallet.

Custom sound sets (You may make your own sound set without overwriting other sound sets)

Loading Screen Previewer

Estimated Loading Time Calculator

More basic AI editor

Built in world editor security (Something that adds some scripts in your map that WE would recognize to increase your maps security.)

Built in Activate or De activate vJass

Multiple waterfalls (Sometimes depending on your tileset it would become green or something, water tinting does not affect it)

Multiple Cliffs (Cliffs Sometimes Spoil your terraining since you can only have 2)

More button detection triggers (I know blizzard can do this)

A trigger that can auto load another map (Like in the orc campaign)

Loading screens with animation (Loading screen with animation would make the players more patient)

More triggers involving items and destructibles (The current triggers for them are extremely complicated sometimes)

Built in JASS Tools

Freeze Mode (Stops all animations in the WE so it will be easier for people with low class hardwares)

Refresh (The WE should have refresh so that you would not take time closing and opening the editor)

Possible skills that may cause game crash detect (Its like when you run it, it will check all your custom spells and check if it causes some crashes. Like having a giant area of effect.)

Variable Organizer (Variables just get so messy sometimes)

Cheat Remover (Something that would remove the built in warcraft cheats, like in LAN so I think its easy for them)

Unit/Item/Destructible Type Slection Style (Sometimes when you accidentally put something like a custom unit and there is too many of them you will consume a lot of time dleting them one by one so there a mode where just press something or anything that will select a specific unit/destructible/items type.

Item Shadow editing (I did need it for my past game which the development is currently stopped)

Easy letter coloring (Like making a post in a forum they have something like auto add codes. Its annoying you have to arrange to much letters sometimes)

Reset all custom units (Maybe useful if you want to rollback your map, but maybe it should be in a safe place where you cant accidentally click it)

Double Save (Sometimes we loose some of our maps so this would let you make a backup folder somewhere, and every time you save WE just saves files like
Save Jan012007 2:40Pm
Save Jan012007 2:41Pm
This can be activated or deactivated)

Convert all triggers to text (Should be in a safe place too, converts all triggers to JASS instantly)

Shadow Fixer (Sometimes shadows get stucked so this would fix it)

Constant Breaker (Just break the constants limit)

Easier Tooltip editor (As I have said above the color letter thing. But I remembered you cant easily make a new paragraph in a tootip editor, How about make it like a forum post editor)

Model Duplicator (Easily Creates a duplicate model in your import manager so that you can wrap it with a skin easily)

Icon Manager (import some images and just create a category naming your icons title and just drag and drop everything there including auto cast passive and disabled icons.)

All in bold

H

HBtheOnly

One thing is a "Resources" folder in your warcraft folder which would store skins, icons, sounds, etc. used from one map and if another map uses the same resource then you wouldn't have to download it again. If we had this those huge 3mb maps wouldn't take forever for everyone to download (not to mention leechers). This is more of a Warcraft/WE idea than a WE idea but it's still useful!

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Auto leak fix
Wanting this makes it sound as if leaks are something "evil Blizzard" purposely added to make everyone's life harder. You can't expect a program to guess when you want something removed.

> events that work with variables
Not really possible. You can't expect the game to check your variable every time something happens. Then people would complain claiming triggers are slow. Generic event+condition would be the closest to this as possible.

> Constant Breaker (Just break the constants limit)
Limits exist for a reason. Usually a good one.

> Estimated Loading Time Calculator
Loading time depends on the PC you're running the map on. People would claim it's inaccurate if it existed.

> a better jass error marker
> Built in JASS Tools
> Variable Organizer (Variables just get so messy sometimes)
> Double Save
Check out NewGen.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
When you mouse over a unit, I want a little box to appear over it saying it's general stats. The box disappears after you mouse off.

Prometheus

Reaction score
> events that work with variables
You can do this with an action.

lord dakoth

Reaction score
idk what over half the values in the unit editor mean. It's...FRUSTURATING when you have an awesome idea for a unit but you don't know how to make it. The thing that annoys me the most is that the editor screws up custom models' pathing, and changing the collision size still allows other units to walk straight through it!!!:eek: Plus, how come the terrain editor only allows you to make vertical cliffs of size 2 and no bigger? AAARRRRRGH!!:banghead:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Mmm another thread of this :)

I'd like just eaisier to understand WE (For when you start out of confused), and the possilities to b limitless. Almost like making your own events, conditions, and actions.

Like....

Stapler Receives 23-45 damage from a single unit.

No condition

Make (attacking unit) a destructible, with a 15 second Re-Transform timer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.