What Feature would you want in WE?

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
where did you get that editor? does it work on vista?

*puppy eyes* *people scream at the kid that turned into a dog*

Switch33

Reaction score
how to use google?
HTML:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=wRU&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=warcraft+3+model+editor&spell=1

Turnip

Reaction score
Simple Built-In Model editor
Like you can create and edit models really easily and for animation you set it to record the animation and you can then lets say click on an arm and move it up and down and then like de-click and it'll save it as an animation and you can do multiple ones and combine it so walking would take a grand total of 1 minute to do.

There already is going to be a model editor built into the ScumEdit.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I would like to have the ability to choose more than two cliff tiles, and actually choose them not choose one and get stuck with the other. And it would be cool to be able to use more than like eight tiles or whatever the limit is.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Google FTW?
ScumEdit is (to be more precise - will be) the SC2 equivalent to WC3's World Editor.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Then how will it allow me to mess with models in WE Turnip?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...Ermm...
Can we keep this on topic? :p

S

Selket

I think tutorials should be added on WE about how the triggers work because testing everything single one out is going to be a pain...:banghead:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think tutorials should be added on WE about how the triggers work because testing everything single one out is going to be a pain...:banghead:

Ermm.. you're obviously new here :) - Welcome

you can come here for tutorials.
Also, some functions are quite self explanatory. For example unit-kill (I wander what it does :rolleyes:)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
The WE should have a music player!

Also it would be handy if the WE could handle multiple maps at once.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The WE should have a music player!

Also it would be handy if the WE could handle multiple maps at once.

Music player..?
Thats quite useless on worldeditor.

It can handle multiple maps.
Window > [select map]

Although, it is annoying when you have WE open, you cant open another map unless you go to File > Open. Because it says the WE is already running.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bummpp

nabbig2

Reaction score
The AI editor should be easier to use...it's pretty inconvinient. You should also be able to copy variables, and open 2 WE at the same time.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If by multiple maps you mean an Online Multiplayer, that will be possible in the SC2 Editor.

A Music Player in wc3 would be useless. I put wc3 music off, and sounds on low. Then Windows Media Player :D. I'm sure many people do that same (maybe different program).

Prometheus

Reaction score
I think it'd be cool to have people playing a map and it being edited, would probably make bugs much easier to deal with.

Demi666

Reaction score
Faster Loading, Change the WE interface (I like the squishy looking or something fat and round square looking buttons)

Auto leak fix

Easier terraining (Sometimes it takes time before you can make a ramp)

Previewer Inside Object Editor and Trigger Editor so that you would not bother looking in the main tab anymore.

Fixed Play Testing (It sometimes crashes)

Personal Categorizing in the Import Manager (To make it easy for you to track your imported files)

Built in damage calculator.

Armor auto convert to percent (Base armor ----> Percent) so that you could adjust it properly

Terrain Pallet could be attached in the main window (Sometimes you may make some errors if some parts of the map in WE is covered with the pallet.

Custom sound sets (You may make your own sound set without overwriting other sound sets)

Loading Screen Previewer

Estimated Loading Time Calculator

More basic AI editor

Built in world editor security (Something that adds some scripts in your map that WE would recognize to increase your maps security.)

Built in Activate or De activate vJass

Multiple waterfalls (Sometimes depending on your tileset it would become green or something, water tinting does not affect it)

Multiple Cliffs (Cliffs Sometimes Spoil your terraining since you can only have 2)

More button detection triggers (I know blizzard can do this)

A trigger that can auto load another map (Like in the orc campaign)

Loading screens with animation (Loading screen with animation would make the players more patient)

More triggers involving items and destructibles (The current triggers for them are extremely complicated sometimes)

Built in JASS Tools

Freeze Mode (Stops all animations in the WE so it will be easier for people with low class hardwares)

Refresh (The WE should have refresh so that you would not take time closing and opening the editor)

Possible skills that may cause game crash detect (Its like when you run it, it will check all your custom spells and check if it causes some crashes. Like having a giant area of effect.)

Variable Organizer (Variables just get so messy sometimes)

Cheat Remover (Something that would remove the built in warcraft cheats, like in LAN so I think its easy for them)

Unit/Item/Destructible Type Slection Style (Sometimes when you accidentally put something like a custom unit and there is too many of them you will consume a lot of time dleting them one by one so there a mode where just press something or anything that will select a specific unit/destructible/items type.

Item Shadow editing (I did need it for my past game which the development is currently stopped)

Easy letter coloring (Like making a post in a forum they have something like auto add codes. Its annoying you have to arrange to much letters sometimes)

Reset all custom units (Maybe useful if you want to rollback your map, but maybe it should be in a safe place where you cant accidentally click it)

Double Save (Sometimes we loose some of our maps so this would let you make a backup folder somewhere, and every time you save WE just saves files like
Save Jan012007 2:40Pm
Save Jan012007 2:41Pm
This can be activated or deactivated)

Convert all triggers to text (Should be in a safe place too, converts all triggers to JASS instantly)

Shadow Fixer (Sometimes shadows get stucked so this would fix it)

Constant Breaker (Just break the constants limit)

Easier Tooltip editor (As I have said above the color letter thing. But I remembered you cant easily make a new paragraph in a tootip editor, How about make it like a forum post editor)

Model Duplicator (Easily Creates a duplicate model in your import manager so that you can wrap it with a skin easily)

Icon Manager (import some images and just create a category naming your icons title and just drag and drop everything there including auto cast passive and disabled icons.)

ALL THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

fixed water terrain..
and..

AUTO BALANCER OMFG IT TAEKS ME 4EVER TO BALANCE JUST 5 FREEKIN HEROS

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ALL THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

fixed water terrain..
and..

AUTO BALANCER OMFG IT TAEKS ME 4EVER TO BALANCE JUST 5 FREEKIN HEROS

...Calm down :D
Some of the stuff there are possible. I don't need to refresh WE at all.. Everything happens how it should without refreshing. And you can Load maps like in the Orc Campaign.

Unit Balancing can be done in other ways.
I use excel, and get the damage per second, I then divide this by the cost, and get a "value for money"
A Music Player in wc3 would be useless. I put wc3 music off, and sounds on low. Then Windows Media Player . I'm sure many people do that same (maybe different program).
I plug my iPhone into my speakers. So it doesn't use RAM :D
And i also turn down the Wc3 sounds. they suck.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Super Revival :D

This is a good thread. I'd like to see some more ideas :thup:

Prometheus

Reaction score
I would like to see a beta, or SS of a beta.
I'm not gona read through the whole mess of this thread, but some GUI commands to clear variables easily.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.