What Feature would you want in WE?

B

benj_war3

I want a simpler coding. (GUI) yet.... I'm still learning jass... A function that could deal damage overtime. And more functions!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
=]
I posted this in the Scumedit wishlist, and I'll post it here as well.
Editing a units properties through simple triggers, for example:

Set Uni1.Attack1.Cooldown = 0.01
Set Unit2.Attack1.BuildTime = 70

etc. That'd be incredible :D

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
i heard someone say auto leak fix earlier on..

Forget that, Remove leaks in general. Blizzards programmers were lazy enough to leave them in for us to deal with them, its time we just remove them from the code >=O

And dont start saying its super easy to make leaks when coding on accident, because its really not... infact in most programming languages, the only way to make a 'leak' is to purposly program it. :p

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Allowing maps to be over 5 mb and be like 20 instead.

The blizzard cliffs are editable by making them have a certian terrain on it like asheval leaves.

We ability test. This would allow you to see how the trigger works in warcraft 3 and also show you how far is a range of 500 across the map.

Encrypted triggers so you would have to go through blizzard protection to hack a map.

More than 2 cliff heights.

Making custom abilities without triggers and imported so no one can steal them.

If your making an full screen ability system then when you make offsets, make a trigger test that shows you how it will actually look like in the game.

Opening more than one map at a time.

Faster warcraft 3.

A model editing program that is like 3ds max that is inside wc3.

Deleting extra models in wc3 so they don't take extra space(you can probably do that but it will take a long time)

Removing blizzard abilities so you don't have them taking extra space.

Removing blizzard units to make extra space.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Me thinks that this thread is full of suggestions from people that have no idea what they are talking about. This guy over me, for example:

Allowing maps to be over 5 mb and be like 20 instead.

You can make even 100mb maps with WE ;). The 5 (or it was 4? meh, doesn't matters) mb is a B.net limit.

Loading screens with animation (Loading screen with animation would make the players more patient)

Already possible, Magos did it.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Loading screens are just models with a texture thrown on it. You can probably do a lot with it.

Deleting extra models in wc3 so they don't take extra space

Uhh... you mean Blizzard's models? They don't take up space, they're saved in the MPQ already. Deleting them wouldn't do anything to the filesize.

black.sheep

Reaction score
heres my idea.
A spell called Physics or somthing, basicly a physics engine type spell that would fire a partical that would move according to the parimiters set out in the object editor.
Like, bounce, gravity, wind, damage, speed ect...
It would add alot of functionality to the maps you could make.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
heres my idea.
A spell called Physics or somthing, basicly a physics engine type spell that would fire a partical that would move according to the parimiters set out in the object editor.
Like, bounce, gravity, wind, damage, speed ect...
It would add alot of functionality to the maps you could make.

There are physics engines made in WE I think.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Ability to create inverted terrain (like caves with the lower tool...)

Layers like in photoshop but for doodads.

Ability to have multiple levels of walkable buildings.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What I meant by the 20 mb is allowing to host maps 20 mb on B.net.

I would absolutly hate that. I actually love the 4mb limit. Stops massive maps going around filled with crap.

Ability to create inverted terrain (like caves with the lower tool...)

Layers like in photoshop but for doodads.

Ability to have multiple levels of walkable buildings.

I don't understand any of those. Layers on doodads? o_O
Inverted terrain?

I guess you can create underground caves now can't you?

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score

I have 779 downloaded maps, with a total filesize of 706 mb. I don't want the total filesize going up by 4 times that just because map makers decided to waste memory by adding crappy music and pointless models that take up more filesize than they're worth.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have 779 downloaded maps, with a total filesize of 706 mb. I don't want the total filesize going up by 4 times that just because map makers decided to waste memory by adding crappy music and pointless models that take up more filesize than they're worth.

Oo.. I have ~1.2k maps with a total size of 792mb.
I started deleting a lot of old versions and shit ones. But didn't finish. Got bored :p

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
A more advanced terrain editor.
A decent editing environment for Jass. (Basically NewGen, but there by default.)
A time machine to go back in time and stop the creation of GUI.
Removal of retarded functions in Jass. (BJ's)

EDIT:

Being able to edit Object Editor data via the Trigger Editor.
Being able to change things like Max Life, Armor, etc that isn't currently available.

Deathcom3s

Reaction score
- No Terrain Limits(I'm mostly a terrainer)
- Properly implemented trackables(why Blizzard never finished them, no one knows)
- A stronger programming language than JASS, or just more functionality.

That's just about all I can think of.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
- No Terrain Limits(I'm mostly a terrainer)
- Properly implemented trackables(why Blizzard never finished them, no one knows)

That's just about all I can think of.
Terrain is already pretty unlimited except the tiles.
But there are systems developed for that.

Trackables are a bummer :p

Jass is good enough for Wc3 imo.
Some extra functions would be great though.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
There are physics engines made in WE I think.
Something built-in would still be awesome though

Unless people can join games while the game is in progress (like Counter-Strike, or some other FPS game), that's just gonna make everyone have to wait ages just to play a single game (it takes me long enough to DL a 4mb map on B.net, I don't want to have to DL a 20mb one :D)

A decent editing environment for Jass. (Basically NewGen, but there by default.)
And something that allowed you, when creating a new trigger, to give you the text pane (can't think of a better way of putting it) rather than the GUI stuff

Removal of retarded functions in Jass. (BJ's)
Leave in the half-decent BJ's though (if they do get rid of the retarded ones, I hope SetUnitCanSleepBJ goes first :p)

Would be cool, but JASS is (IMO, at least) extremely simple by comparison to everything else - if they could keep the simplicity, and make it better, then <3

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People joining in-game would be a nice addition. Although it could ruin some maps.
Maybe an option in Scenario > Map options or something to enable or disable it.

A "Player Enters the game" event would also be added :D

I personally hope DoNothingBJ() goe first :p
And the other BJs which don't even reverse the order of arguments or have only 1 argument. (Or none)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
And the other BJs which don't even reverse the order of arguments or have only 1 argument. (Or none)
That's what SetUnitCanSleepBJ does =D

Although it could ruin some maps.
Most? I would imagine it would ruin every map (since if you had to wait 5-10 mins for a player to join and make up any team difference)

AoS - not really viable, since you'd (probably) be getting your arse kicked while waiting for a new player

Builder maps - everyone would be way ahead of you

Tower/hero defense - same thing

Maze - maybe, if you could bring joining players to the right area, even though that would allow abuse where you could leave and rejoin to get revived?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.