What Feature would you want in WE?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most? I would imagine it would ruin every map (since if you had to wait 5-10 mins for a player to join and make up any team difference)

AoS - not really viable, since you'd (probably) be getting your arse kicked while waiting for a new player

Builder maps - everyone would be way ahead of you

Tower/hero defense - same thing

Maze - maybe, if you could bring joining players to the right area, even though that would allow abuse where you could leave and rejoin to get revived?

Yeah, but all of those Map genres have been created with the idea that no new players can join in mind.

New genres would be created if this features was introduced which would benefit from it.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
  • No syntax checker crashes (so lame...thank god for user-made syntax checkers)
  • A finished Trackable API (not really WE but meh)
  • Better terrain/terraining (I don't do it much, but I always quit early due to some stupid thing, like water levels.
  • Built-in map protection
  • More UI control
  • More control over unit/ability/buff/etc. data, through JASS
  • More access to the game engine through JASS
  • Mouse-click and hold events
  • More keyboard events
  • More responsive events, such as arrow key press

I hope I said at least one thing not said before :p

Apparently a lot of this stuff is going to be added/fixed with the new StarEdit in SC2, so I'm excited :thup:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I want to say the complete spell. Like, have unit run up to target unit, grab, jump up and down forward some, while in mid air throw the target down.
:D

Templarion

Reaction score
I want to say the complete spell. Like, have unit run up to target unit, grab, jump up and down forward some, while in mid air throw the target down.
:D

Oh yeah, not only voice coding but MIND CODING!

I plug myself into USB port, World Editor reads my thoughts and creates a map I was thinking about. That would be awesome!

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
Simple GUI coding. Especially more "general" commands.

Everyone hates putting in:

Events:
Player 1 sends a...
Player 2 sends a...
Player 3 sends a...

Instead have:

Events:
A player sends a...

They should also add special player groups built in, such as:

Player Group - Triggering Player

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How can triggering player be a group? o_O

And generic player events can be added easily.
Check out UMSWE and/or eGUI.

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
Ah, but I thought this was a discussion on what should be added to WE itself? I myself of course don't use WE because it sucks. All good map makers use some other program.

To answer your question about the triggering player group:
Some triggers only allow you to target groups of players, while you want to target a single one. In this case you must form a variable group that identifies the triggering player and stores it. If you have looked at Player Groups you'll see that there is indeed already 1-player groups (Player Group - Player 1 Red, etc.). The addition of special commands such as these would decrease the amount of time and the lines of GUI coding it would take to reach your final code.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, but I thought this was a discussion on what should be added to WE itself? I myself of course don't use WE because it sucks. All good map makers use some other program.

To answer your question about the triggering player group:
Some triggers only allow you to target groups of players, while you want to target a single one. In this case you must form a variable group that identifies the triggering player and stores it. If you have looked at Player Groups you'll see that there is indeed already 1-player groups (Player Group - Player 1 Red, etc.). The addition of special commands such as these would decrease the amount of time and the lines of GUI coding it would take to reach your final code.

Hmm.. I guess. I'm sure there are other functions for those which do the same thing, but for a single player.

Maybe there aren't.. GUI is stupid like that.

oh, and everyone uses WE. Just a hacked/modified/improved version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.