What Happens on Multiple Events?

B

BKnight760

Okay, so the WC3 WorldEdit help sucks. What happens if you add two events on the same trigger? Do both of those events have to happen at the exact same time for the trigger to occour? Someone explain the details here. Thanks!

S

Swilo

I'd say try it and find out.
If it works then they would both have to happen at some point but probably not at the same time.

What might be easier to do is have one of the events set a variable to true, then have the second event run the trigger if the condition that the variable is true is met.

B

BKnight760

So how do I run the trigger?

Okay, so how do I make one trigger run the other trigger?

S

Swilo

Okay, aybe you misunderstood, I'll try writing a simple vague trigger:

Trigger one
Event - <event one>
Conditions - <none>
Action - set <variable> equal to true

Trigger two
Event - <event two>
Conditions - <variable> equal to true
Action - <Whatever you wanted to happen after both events occured>

Hope that helps.

B

BKnight760

Alright...

That makes sense. Too much sense in fact. Sometimes I wonder if I think. Then I realize that I hadn't. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

N

Neo_HoJo

Originally posted by Swilo
Okay, aybe you misunderstood, I'll try writing a simple vague trigger:

Trigger one
Event - <event one>
Conditions - <none>
Action - set <variable> equal to true

Trigger two
Event - <event two>
Conditions - <variable> equal to true
Action - <Whatever you wanted to happen after both events occured>

Hope that helps.

First, set your variable to default False, then what needs to happen is the <event one> needs to fire off trigger one, then afterwards, <event two> needs to fire off trigger two.

I hope that helped.

S

Swilo

That's what that thing I typed said.
Don't variables default to 0/false to begin with anyway? Maybe something in trigger two to reset the variable.

N

Neo_HoJo

All variables have a default position of ( ), an empty set. Nothing- not even zero, but when you're in your manager for variables, it is often that people pre-set their variables without even thinking, that is why you thought that they were auto set to false, Swilo.

S

Swilo

No, I thought they were set to 0/false on creation because that would've been the smart thing to do for someone making a game editor.

B

BKnight760

Null set...

Yeah, having a variable preset to Null is kinda retarted, because you cant really check for null. The only advantage null gives is that it wont set off any events until you define it as something. However... Anyone know how to set it back to null after it has already been given a value?

B

BKnight760

Back on the topic of Multiple Events...

Alright, so I finally went and checked what happens with multiple events, and here are the results:

Supposing a trigger like this--

Events
+Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
+Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (red) finishes construction

Conditions
+(Player 1 (red) controller) equal to Computer

Actions
+ Set [Variable] = True

-----

The two events do *NOT* both have to be true. If one or the other becomes true, or happens, then it will check the conditions and do the actions, if applicable.

S

Swilo

OK, so I guess if you want both events to trigger an action, but not one or the other individually, you'd have to use the method I described.

Thanks for testing that out.

N

nightshade

game ending

i have just about finished my very first map, and i have run into a very large snag. When i have won the game, it wont go to the score screen, and the game will just sit there. I have the win conditions and everything like that finished, and i have it so that when the win conditions have been met it will go to cinimatics mode and play a short clip. it wont leave cinimatics mode, and it wont show the score screen. If somebody will help me finish this i would be very greatful.

B

BKnight760

Game Ending...

Okay, so I suppose you eliminated the meelee win conditions, so that it dosnt have you win automatically... I had that problem for a while in my level. You might have to have a trigger that checks periodically or upon an event and causes the action "Game - Victory [player]" or "Game - Defeat [player]" for **ALL** players. Otherwise I dont think it will quit. Good Luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.