Sci/Tech What Happens When You Stick Your Head Into a Particle Accelerator

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Today I found out what happens when you stick your head into a particle accelerator.

Exhibit A: Anatoli Petrovich Bugorski, a Russian scientist who has the distinction of being the only person to ever stick his head in a running particle accelerator. Shockingly, he also managed to survive the ordeal and, all things considered, came out without too much damage.

Bugorski was a researcher at the Institute for High Energy Physics in Protvino, working with the Soviet particle accelerator: The Synchrotron U-70.

On July 13, 1978, Bugorski was checking a malfunctioning piece of equipment. As he was leaning over the piece of equipment, he stuck his head through the part of the accelerator that the proton beam was running through. He reported seeing a flash that was “brighter than a thousand suns”, but did not feel any pain when this happened.

Last edited:

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Why not? I SWING MY MIGHTY LIGHTNING SHAFT! SMASH SMASH SMASH ALL YOUR HOLES!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Others call it "hey whats sticking out of that bush?" but its not the name I gave it.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
What's your dick Name?

Supermassive cumbeast. Just a normal name for heavy weaponry, really.

EDIT: LHC must be linked to dick, as that is all we're talking about here now >_> The secret of the Universe lies probably between thy legs, lol.
camelCase smashing holes as usual I see.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The most bizarre side effect that occurred because of this has to do with his face. Looking at Bugorski now, you’d see the right half of his face looks like a normal wrinkled old man, but the left half of his face looks as if it was frozen in time 19 years ago. Apparently Botox’s got nothing on a particle accelerator’s proton beam for stopping wrinkles.
How did nobody pick up on this? Stand in the thing for half a second and you never grow old again.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How did nobody pick up on this? Stand in the thing for half a second and you never grow old again.

His face didn't wrinkle because it's been paralyzed for the past 20 years - your face wouldn't wrinkle much either if you never moved it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen this post before but never read the comments... LOL!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.