What if you were a "Silvertongue"?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Silvertongue - Someone who reads books and brings the people and things from the story into our world, banishing people and items from our world into a story.

If you had this power, what/who would you read out? What/who would you read in?

Discuss. :D

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Is this really a silver tongue? I've always thought it meant this: Silver tongue is an expression used to describe a person who is able to clearly and effectively express themselves, or who has a clever way with words. The connotation associated with accusing a person of having a "silver tongue" is, in itself, ambiguous. :p

Anyways, I'd bring in Hogwarts.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
It's from the Inkheart series. Not the actual silver tongue you're used to.

DM Cross

Reaction score
It's from the Inkheart series. Not the actual silver tongue you're used to.

Ren's right, Danny and I were watching Inkheart when I made this up because we started talking about it.

Ironically enough, Ninva and I have the same idea; I want Hogwarts. Especially if I can have Hermoine from movie 7 :D She's cute!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Zomgsd!! Ovbsiouyl TWILIGHTTT!!!! Edward <3 !!!

As seen in the Inkheart, I wouldn't wanna mess with this, ha. It'd most likely bring consequences. I would probably bring in things from the Halo/Star Wars/Inheritance series or something, and end up destroying the world.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'd take out Harry Potter :p

I would have to Avada Kedavra you o_O

Zomgsd!! Ovbsiouyl TWILIGHTTT!!!! Edward <3 !!!

As seen in the Inkheart, I wouldn't wanna mess with this, ha. It'd most likely bring consequences. I would probably bring in things from the Halo/Star Wars/Inheritance series or something, and end up destroying the world.

That's part of the fun :D All you gotta do is read the last part of HP7 and not talk about Voldemort.

Though... I can't say I wouldn't be a Death Eater :D

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
First, i would make a book where there is an infinite wishing device (or find one).
Second, i would make that infinite wishing device come true, and then wish i was the only one that could use it, make it indestructible, make the wishes reversible if it turns out to be bad so nothing ever happened if i so chose to, etc etc.
Third, i would wish away all other silvertongues in the unlikely event there are more.
Forth, Crazy stuff insert here.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Technically you can. At the end of the movie Inkheart, the girl did get make up her own part of the story, writing it on her arm and reading it out loud.

It's kinda ridiculous, but it's possible, I guess XD

DM Cross

Reaction score
I think if I got control over what I could put into the book, I would read my old boss into the most dangerous, hostile book I could find :D

I also always wondered... When people switch places, does that mean whoever I read into the book fills in the spot of whoever gets read out?

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
Ren's right, Danny and I were watching Inkheart when I made this up because we started talking about it.

Ironically enough, Ninva and I have the same idea; I want Hogwarts. Especially if I can have Hermoine from movie 7 :D She's cute!

My love you have a Death wish!!!!!

I agree though hogwarts castle would be amazing to actually walk through or characters from Twilight cause I think there intresting ( the wolf pack and cullen family).

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Dorian Gray's portret for me. The unspoiled edition though, the one I can seal my soul in to. Thank you very much.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Unless you read out the Sorcerer's Stone from HP1 o_O

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I should bring some logic into this conversation.

I am actually a silver tongue, I have been one for as long as I can remember.

My most notable achievements have been replacing Calvin with Niccolo Paganini and reading Acehart away to get Miz back from some random manga he fell into.

Contrary to what people think, other than losing a valuable member of the community and admin, there is little that can go wrong with silver tongue'ing.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yeah, but HP is the coolest :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.