What kind of items would you place in your bosses' inventory?

Crimson

Reaction score
Like the title suggests, I want to to know what items you give to your bosses. Like what kind of abilities do those items have and such. Also do you give your bosses a full inventory of items or maybe just 3 to 4 super items?

Happy

Reaction score
i dont give items to bosses at all :D i make them as strong as they should be....additionally i trigger some spells or effects....and also i create an item at the position they die with a certain chance...thats all^^

so my answer is : no item type because of no item at all :D

Crimson

Reaction score
Oh? Why not, if you don't mind my asking? I think items give bosses more personality. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

Happy

Reaction score
because items are for the heroes...not for the bosses....the heroes should power up themself with items to be able to kill the bosses...

and the thing with more personality...triggered good looking and fitting spells give them more personality in my opinion then items...

but for sure i let the bosses only drop items fitting to them too...but they dont have them in the fights :D

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You can give bosses potions, some weapons, etc.
Maybe even give them the items they have a chance to drop!
That way, people can know what they might get!

Look at Final Fantasy Epic RPG.
The bosses, like I said, have potions and some have the items they drop.

As for abilities.
Anything works really.
It's all up to you, and the theme of the boss.
You wouldn't want a fire boss casting Frost Nova, lol.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Bosses are typically very tough, so you need to make the reward they drop worth fighting the boss (unless you have to fight it), so big gold bonuses, experience bonuses, and even invulnerability potions and ankhs of reincarnation are typically appropriate. Try playing warchasers if you havn't already to get an idea. :) Warchasers can be found in the Warcraft 3 RoC scenario folder :)

EspadaDelRey

Reaction score
I saw a RPG in development that had items on NPC as a way of explaining about the NPC. Items could do even as much for a Boss, as well.

keychup

Reaction score
None. But I would put the rewards in it's inventory and make the Boss drop them. Think "Devil May Cry". The bosses don't actually use those weapons but those weapons sure do fit as a reward for killing that boss. Absolutely no way would I give them healing items. Bosses should typically have those sick abilities.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Well, a boss should ideally not depend on items at all. But, as a quite a few people have said, it helps to put into its inventory the items that it might drop upon death, even if it doesn't use them.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Potions? lol, trying to kill the boss and then he heals himself.
Lol, never seen that but cool.

I wouldnt suggest invulnurability potions, for obvious reasons lol.
And definately not an Ankh lol.

Perhaps something that adds crit or stun, but yeah depends on the type really.

WaterKnight

Reaction score
Of course, you can give bosses items. First, like said, to display the loot. Second to characterize the boss (like Arthas wields Frostmourne and you can show what strength Arthas contains and what is part of the sword, maybe he loses this sword later and therefore becomes considerably wimpier or he has the chance to pick up the sword during the fight). A third use would be to signalize that the boss has only a limited amount of charges for an ability, like he/she has only 3 scrolls of reanimation and can therefore bring corpses to life up to 3 times.

How should I put it? Most mapmakers in Wc3 are just not imaginative enough to jump out of common (wc3ish) scopes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.