What Map Are You Going to Create?

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
With the help of the awesome new Galaxy Editor, what type of map are you going to make?

I was thinking a shooter for me. :)

JuiceBox

Reaction score
LOL definitely a fps. Either coop against comps (like left4dead) or team dm/ctf/FFA (like Halo/CoD) or both!! Omg, think of the possibilities... o.0

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I personally want to make an underground maze, with random paths if possible.

Yoshii

Reaction score
an RPG most likely or an action/strat game like swat gameplay but not swat as we dont need more of those

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Remake my undead outbreak for SCII

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I'm thinking...

The Legend of Zelda
Rygar
And a Mario Kart game for Starcraft 2 w00t!!!!

†ALPHA†

Reaction score
After watching the custom map preview, I wonder if a side-scroller would be possible.

With all the work that was put into Galaxy, you can bet that sc2 will be around for a long time...

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
As long as you didnt change camera angles, you could export the exact game graphics and music from an emulator like Nesticle. lol
just aim the camera straight down

4-8 player Zelda might be badass

Hell it might even work for war3

JuiceBox

Reaction score
I wonder how they will make a FPS type of game...
hopefully they make it really simple. haha I've been trying to figure it out for warcraft 3: frozen throne but it's so freaking complicated... o.0 someone did it though so I know it's not impossible T.T

chanta45

Reaction score
I wonder how they will make a FPS type of game...
hopefully they make it really simple. haha I've been trying to figure it out for warcraft 3: frozen throne but it's so freaking complicated... o.0 someone did it though so I know it's not impossible T.T

It's horribly complicated from what i've played. (Custom games are all i've played) I've seen a few decent sniper game attempts and some third person ones but the controls were horrible and incredibly delayed. Made me sad, even the blizzard racing game had some pretty bad delays.

Anyways my kind of map would be Kings and Knights styled. Would be bad ass.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Blizzard told that even noobs who just had a crazy idea will be able to create their map with an ease....

What map are you going to make? An RPG.

Why are you going to make an RPG ? Because RPG's are awesome and I have allways wanted to make one.

Why don't you make the map for wc3 ? I want to use all of Starcraft II's features. I already have a project to work on while wc3 is still alive and, there are so many shit rpgs that one normal RPG would get hacked in days.

What features is the map going to use when SCII comes out? We have seen some pretty neat stuff lately I don't know. I will test everything. For example I am almost 100% sure that it won't have a 3rd person camera.

Will the map be premium ? You got me on this one. The answer is simple: NO. I will make this map, with love for mapping and so that it cloud bring other people joy, and make SCII a bit more successful. I don't want to charge for my map(s) However, If someone really likes the map and wants to donate, I won't turn him down :D

cheers

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
AoS ?! Are you serious ? After all that dota did to the wc3 mapping you want to start with an AoS ? Dude, you put the melodramatic factor to a whole new level...

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
AoS ?! Are you serious ? After all that dota did to the wc3 mapping you want to start with an AoS ? Dude, you put the melodramatic factor to a whole new level...

Of course there should be AoS maps for SC2, that is where the whole genre started in the first place:eek:
The wc3 AoS maps just don't cut it, especially "The map that should not be mentioned":thdown:

On topic:
I would probably do a small map mostly to try out the new amazing features:)

And when I get the hang of modelling for sc2, then I want to make a pokemon map:shades: Just beacuse it has to be done sometime, and I might aswell do it right away:p

Razalgrim

Reaction score
DotA fed off WC3 for 3-4 years. Alot of people here in my country don't know squat about the game itself, hell, they think DotA is a stand-alone game in itself.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Anyway, back on topic. With the new footage they showed us, I think this idea might be viable -

G.H.O.S.T.

A third person shooter with the players using... well, Ghosts. With changeable weapons and armor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.