Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quit the DotA talk, everyone.
One more, and this thread'll be closed.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Guys, the stone spell the uberlisk did looks awfully easy to make even in warcraft. I mean, you just create a coupple of units with these models, give them locust swarm and summon them. The dmg needs to be triggered, yes, but other then that it is pretty much trigger free.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Guys, the stone spell the uberlisk did looks awfully easy to make even in warcraft. I mean, you just create a coupple of units with these models, give them locust swarm and summon them. The dmg needs to be triggered, yes, but other then that it is pretty much trigger free.

Helo didn't you hear that "it took a day and a half" for a blizzard employee aka genius "to put the map"(if I am right it's a cinematic involving a lot of summoning etc but it probably took a decent amount of time for the spell too) on the star 2 engine. Guess how much time it would take to the average world editor user to "mimic" this spell. I don't think it's "awfully easy".... I hope it would be though ^^

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but I can make this uberlisk, if having the models, for less then an hour. The entire map with terrain and summoning units, for 1hour and 20-25 minutes. it is not that hard dude... atleast in wc3 it is not that hard.

For the passive, tentacle things I will use phoenix fire as base, or just summon a unit order unit to attack random unit around the uberlisk and remove triggering unit.

I already said how I will make the stone spell. and the explosion if there is nothing pre set (in warcraft there is make aoe dmg on death ability) I will just make it, when a unit dies, pick every unit in region with bla and bla of the triggering unit. dmg picked units for xxx dmg of type chaos.

Awesome nontheless.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
To Bloodcount: It would look better in wc3 if it was trigerred and the terrain was raised instead;)

And to Sgqvur I hope that you are aware that some of the people on this forum is better using the WE than some of the people actually working on it at blizzard are:p
Even if it is just in some general area, we got some really awesome terrainers and triggerers here, not to mention modellor:)

And do not forget to mention that the AOS genre in general does not belong to warcraft, it belongs in starcraft:) The first AOS game/map ever created was a starcraft map by the name of Aeon of Strife, and the genre got it's name after that. So I don't think that "the map that shall not be mentioned" has much to do with it at all, there are many AOS maps out there that is far better, and even more original, and you know it.

Think of it this way:
If you have a bucket filled with turds, and you pick up one random turd from the bucket and no matter what you call that turd it will still just be a turd!

Sgqvur

Reaction score
working on it at blizzard
Well isn't that curious? That there are still blizzard guys that actually do that. Imagine the things that they could be doing there (tinkering with "Galaxy editor", playing starcraft 2, playing DIABLO 3 ^^) but no.... they are struggling with the 7-9 year old "bad a**" worldeditor fixing bugs and releasing worthless patches. Tough luck for those few "employees".

Well about the "stone spell" I too think
just summon a unit order it to attack random unit
This might save the damage triggering part and animations etc.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
whats the point of replicating that in wc3 if its easier to do in sc2... maybe its not about the "you can do it in sc2 and not wc3" but rather "even the noobiest of noobs can do this in sc2 while only the pros would be able to re-create it in wc3"
not to mention it would look better in sc2 as well

anyways, id make an RPG. i always wanted to make an RPG but never got around to it in wc3, and instead of starting now id just wait till sc2 for the more awesome things you can do :]
who needs crypt lord spiked shell when you can have something that can take out missiles mid-air :D

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of shooters on sc2 so Im remaking my Unnamed ORPG with custom models, tiles and the use of the mouse and hopefully if they add into the game, WASD keys.

The Ultralisk spell does look very easy to use but I don't think they used units to create the rocks. Im hoping blizzard would allow us to just make a model appear on the map instead of a whole unit with all its data. It would be much easier and better to do. And in one of the video's they showed the protoss mother ship make a black hole. It was removed but they actually stretched the unit models in a circle and made them stretch the closer they are to the black hole to give it the feeling of being pulled in. So there probably going to add advance stuff into the game to make stuff like that happen without animating every unit for that one ability.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Im hoping blizzard would allow us to just make a model appear on the map instead of a whole unit with all its data.
...Special Effects?

Though more functionality for special effects would be ideal, and probable.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I will make a map that allows people to map while they play. Bricks will be shat.

Sgqvur

Reaction score
I would try and make as accurate as possible a dnc clone [(12)Divide and conquer.w3m]
I hope the player cap would be 12 or even 12+ (if it is 8 like in starcraft 1 then it won't be a true clone)^^

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
there is no way the player cap will be less than warcraft 3. Count on there being 12+

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
They said 8 players max in melee games and 12 players for custom maps a while ago as far as I remember.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Wait I just got an amazing, revolutionary map idea...
I... am going to make... a game inside the game...

I am going to make... THE WORLD OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!

OMG!! NO WAYYY!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
LOL, with the new Starcraft 2 editor, this concept is pretty much now possible.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score

JuiceBox

Reaction score
...Someone is either a clone, or likes to lurk.

I think what Genkora meant is that you can test/edit your map WHILE playing it, instead of what you do now where you have to go to back and forth between the WE and WC3...

chiken

Reaction score
WTF at the editor. I don't know about you guys but I am making chiken invaders for SCII :p

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.