What Map To Make!? Please Help!

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Its been awhile since ive worked on a map,and all of my previous maps were complete disasters (My RPG,Hero Arena,and Meele Map).I have been thinking of making a LOAP map,but i cant seem to find a guide for it.I havent tried making a DotA type map,Tanks Map,or a Maze type map.Ive already tried making a tower defence,and i got bored.To cut to the chase,Im looking for a type of map to make.The only ones i wont make is a Tower Defence,Meele Map,Tanks Map,or DotA map.Im looking for a map thats fun,easy,and fast to create,and doesnt include any scripting languages.In your post,please include a link to a guide on how to make a map.

Thank You!

Please do not post here anymore!Instead post in my Poll!

takethat

Reaction score
Its been awhile since ive worked on a map,and all of my previous maps were complete disasters (My RPG,Hero Arena,and Meele Map).I have been thinking of making a LOAP map,but i cant seem to find a guide for it.I havent tried making a DotA type map,Tanks Map,or a Maze type map.Ive already tried making a tower defence,and i got bored.To cut to the chase,Im looking for a type of map to make.The only ones i wont make is a Tower Defence,Meele Map,Tanks Map,or DotA map.Im looking for a map thats fun,easy,and fast to create,and doesnt include any scripting languages.In your post,please include a link to a guide on how to make a map.

Thank You!

your request a little too hard lol.

but simple, fun and easy map? >>> tag,

or you can try mix up map, combining 2 aspect from different type of map...

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
your request a little too hard lol.

but simple, fun and easy map? >>> tag,

or you can try mix up map, combining 2 aspect from different type of map...

Yah...I was thinking of mixing up two types of maps,but i just dont know what types to mix =/.Thanks for trying to help +rep

Firezy

Reaction score
I dunno in my experience AOS style maps (like dota) cause the least amount of headaches if you know an adequate amount of stuff about WE

iTroll

Reaction score
Well im working on a map right now, first time, the concept of it is simple enough, tho being my first time im slightly unsure of balancing issues and triggering crap, if you wanna help me just message me ill give details

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm still curious.

About the meele map,im not sure if i worded it right.

I was making this game(I think it was called something like navy battle),and it was my first map.There were 2 giant Islands,the East and the West,and 2 players on each team.There were 2 other islands,the Naga island,and the Spider island.The point was to destroy all your enemies,and the game would end.There where a few problems that i didnt know how to fix because this was when I was new to WE.First,the terrain was HORRIBLE.Second,I had no clue on how to balance,so the Spiders sucked,and the Naga was SUPER RIGGED(not on purpose).Finally,for some reason,whenever a island was defeated,the whole game ended for everybody.I wanted it to be like if the Spiders destroyed the Naga,the game would ONLY end for the Naga.It was also the opposite,when a Island defeated another island,the winning island had that victory thing,and the game ended for them.So yah,thats how it was an absolute disaster.The main reason why i wanted to make a LOAP map was because,not alot of skilled terraining was needed,and I didnt have to worry about balancing.The thing that keeps me away from making a LOAP map is the triggering,which is why in the first post asked for a guide/Tut for the map.
I went completly off topic,so to rap it up,I CANT MAKE MEELE MAPS:banghead:

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
That's an arena / altered melee map, melee maps are like the official ladder maps with no custom content. (Besides the terrain / creep placement and the like of course.)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Make a kind of map nobody else has ever made before, I'm tired of these maps being basically the same thing, just altered because the makers are lazy and unoriginal.

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I was thinking of making a map nobody has made before,but I wouldnt be sure if someone else didnt already create it.I think im just gonna make a meele type map,but add very small triggers,such as quests and messages.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I haven't seen many modern warfare AoS maps (or am I blind?)
I was making such AoS once and I really liked it until it got completely bugged xd (it was like a year ago and I wasn't very experienced with the editor)

the AoS was about "Expedition on Mars" where 2 teams of marine soldiers fight to destroy enemy's base, each with unique abilities
I also added some Mars monsters as neutral creeps and different zones with different weathers (some with earthquakes, some with meteor storms...)

I'm thinking to start the project again :p

________
anyway it would be cool to see some modern warfare AoS so this was just an idea

Reaction score
I haven't seen many modern warfare AoS maps (or am I blind?)
I was making such AoS once and I really liked it until it got completely bugged xd (it was like a year ago and I wasn't very experienced with the editor)

the AoS was about "Expedition on Mars" where 2 teams of marine soldiers fight to destroy enemy's base, each with unique abilities
I also added some Mars monsters as neutral creeps and different zones with different weathers (some with earthquakes, some with meteor storms...)

I'm thinking to start the project again :p

________
anyway it would be cool to see some modern warfare AoS so this was just an idea

http://clanmapz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ive been thinking,and im gonna make a maze,tag,or meelen map.Ill post the Poll soon

I would like to thank everbody that helped =)

---Brody $mith

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.