What next-gen console do you want?

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
ok, i think its bound too start a flame war if you go out and state, "ps3 sucks" "wii sucks" "360 sucks" or that there a waste of money.

it actually kind of irritates me. please try not too say those things, just say what you want and what you'll get and why.

jeez, why do guys have too bash the other system.

i just want good games coming from all places. lol.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Guys. Upgrade PCs.

All games will eventually come out for PCs.

The Nvidia GeForce 7900 is the most powerful graphics ever and it can easily play Halo 2, GoW, and all that other stuff.

Get RAM, a video card, a sound system, and play with a much better experience than any console can provide. So much easier to control, so much more available.

Pcs are not only for games. They are for graphics, internet, communication, etc. Can a console go on eBay? Oh, and guess what, PCs can read every DVD, even a burned one. No console can do that.

If you have 3 integrated monitors on your desk, it will awe people a hell of a lot more that some box and a TV. But comp boxes are cooler BC of CASES. So customizable.

Xbox can do that but it's very limited.

Halo 2 is coming for PC.
Splinter Cell: Double agent is coming for PC.
UT2007 is coming for PC.
Gears of War will sure as hell be out for PC.

Nobody will leave Warcraft for anything. :p

Just keep the PCs and in the end, you'll save money, gain productivity, and your friends will be more jealous.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Most people already have PC's. They use it for work, hence why they get Consoles.
Consoles get outdated after about 6? Years when they new versions come out.
PC's, on the other hand, new, and better hardware comes out everyday, I rather not upgrade my computer, or get a console since I grew out of gaming, but it's much easier to get a console.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Lol. I'm going to get the Wii for parties, SSBB parties. And I'm also getting it for Zelda TP xD

@King TonGoll

Looks like we have a wanna be mod :)

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
No. Very few games come out for PC. And the Wii is not going to be able to have PC versions that will not be radically changed. The Wii is completely different, while the 360 and PS3 are upgrades (good ones at that). Lots of awesome games are console exclusive. So you can't just say upgrade your PC, although you should anyways, because PCs are better when upgraded.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I am getting a Wii basically because my kids have a GameCube and it is backwards compatible with all the games. It is also the cheapest of them all - downside though is that the Wii does not double as a DVD player.

KillerChi

Reaction score
Had to make the Xbox 360 wanna-be owners I heard on the news (last year)1 out of 10 xbox 360s do not work AT ALL.I know someone who works at wal-mart and she says about there getting SO many xbox 360 returns from places like Best Buy(I NEED THE WII)Sony?Never really liked them no offense, Sony They only made our comp and tvs but my computer ith its came withs is all Microsoft (THeres a halo wars?!) I would only get Xbox 360 IF I could play Halo 3 on it.-BUG ALERT MY TITLE SAYS NEW MEMBRE BUT MY OLDER POSTS SAY IM A REGULAR-

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Analogy:

PS3 - HVX-200
Wii - SDR-S150

The HVX-200 is $8000 with 2x8GB storage and does everything, but extremely expensive for everyday use and overkill for almost everything else. Also the media are $600 a piece.

Meanwhile, the SDR-S150 is $1200 with 4GB storage and lean, mean, small, and very portable, and 1/5 of the price. The storage are very cheap and therefore, it is suited for everyday use.

That's my analogy: Unless you're a hardcore gamer and got unlimited cash, you'll be scared by the $$$$$ of the PS3.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Not only that, but the PS3 is going to be more limited than even originally planned. Not as many got shipped out. At Gamestop, we had to call like 1/3 our reserving customers and tell them we weren't going to be able to fufill their reservation.

KC, my manager, said it was like telling someone they lost a loved one :D

W/e-

When compared to console games, the PC actually DOES have less games out for it. Console games are just more popular than computer games because computers are for much broader topics. Of course :D That's changing with time.

KillerChi-

Honestly, we sell a lot of 360 games, nowadays. I don't know if that's because the problem was fixed and people got new 360's, but the fact is that it seems to be selling quite well.

TH-

Trust me, your kids will enjoy the Wii just as much despite the lack of DVD player. The controls are just that much fun. The wireless ones, anyway. I hear they ARE making retro controllers with wires and such, but don't quote me on that. The only ones we were given at work were wireless.

HOWEVER, the wireless ones were a bit harder to use, since it's something radically different. You know how most people lean back and forth in racing games, just because they're turning the game? Well, unless you wanna run off the road :D You can't do that with the wireless controllers. As a matter of fact, very little turning is usually enough. But it requires more skill, which most gamers will appreciate. I hope.

S

SneakySpidy

Ps3 & 360

Hey !

The Wii is gonna be a flop, i mean it cant be good to play games like metroid prime ( one of the first games thats gonna be on Wii ) with those hand controllers, and its not really gaming, i mean the Wii is like the I-Toy, a happy little toy for kids. Wii is somthing for the little kids,

PS3 is gonna pwn because all the new games are gonna go for PS3, look at games like ;

Lair
Genji: Days OF the Blade
Calling all Cars
Resistance: Fall of man
Warhawk
NBA 07
MotorStorm
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Cash Guns chaos DLX Play

And the X-box 360 is gonna be good for games like Fable 2, Oblivion and some race games ; Flatout 2, Need for speed Carbon << --- Carbon Sucks btw ( to short ) but the Wii is totally gonna flop

This is my opinion

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I think that if you keep an open mind about the Wii than your opinion is respectable. But it seems you don't even give it a chance. The technology opens up new worlds of gaming, and, like it or not, it appeals to a broader audience. Also, it's got an unfair advantage: Wal-Mart backs it up. BIG TIME.

DM Cross

Reaction score
This is my opinion

I respect your opinion completely :)

However, please respect my opinion.

My opinion is that you're an idiot :)

First off, I wanna ask if you've PLAYED the Wii yet?

• Yes? Alright then, you've got a VALID opinion. You've tried it and you don't like it. No harm, no foul.
  • No? Then don't talk :) I've played Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii. PS3 has great graphics and comes with a crapload of new stuff you can do with it... The Xbox in general has had a reputation for having better graphics, to my opinion. Definitely a good system.

The Wii is a child's toy, though? Dude. You have no idea how many GROWN MEN AND WOMEN come into the store and stand there, for like... An HOUR, playing the SAME RACING GAME, just because they like the way it's played. It's not an eye-toy. Eye-toys are a series of games. This is a brand new system.

ALSO! To my knowledge, Nintendo is coming up with classic controllers for those who don't like the other way of doing things. Meaning you can still use it like a regular controller. Wii is covering ALL the bases, baby. Don't screw with Nintendo :D

I gotta say this again... (Did I say it already? I think I did)

Nintendo cannot promote for crap. A WEEK before it's release date, and finally, you start seeing a FEW commercials about the Wii? The day AFTER it comes out, THEN you finally see commercials about the games? Morons... There was no build up. No suspense. Complete idiots in marketing :D

PS3 got such a hype because it was promoted well. They TOLD YOU what it was gonna be able to do. Well before it was ready for shipment, even. That's what you do. You tease them, taunt them with it's greatness! >D Gotta love it.

In my opinion, the Wii controllers are a + and a -.

For one, PS3 controllers are more or less the same. That's cool. Don't gotta remember new buttons or get used to a new handle, since I'm a big PS2 player.

BUT! The Wii gives you something new, something different. You get to have fun with that and finding stuff out with it. Nice.

Also, the controllers seem to work as memory cards, I believe. I'd have to ask to get more on this, so if I can remember, I'll question my boss tomorrow for my morning shift :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
I actually already knew about the Mii's, but I've yet to ask whether or not you can save GAMES to the Wii. Now that I think about it, I haven't looked at the thing up close and personal, so I don't even know if there are memory card slots :D On second thought, does Nintendo even do Memory Cards? PS does, and so... Does Xbox, I believe.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
I've played PS3,. PS3 has great graphics and comes with a crapload of new stuff you can do with it...

PS3 got such a hype because it was promoted well. They TOLD YOU what it was gonna be able to do. Well before it was ready for shipment, even. That's what you do. You tease them, taunt them with it's greatness! >D Gotta love it.

For one, PS3 controllers are more or less the same. That's cool. Don't gotta remember new buttons or get used to a new handle, since I'm a big PS2 player.

you've played the PS3........... i want too strangle you soo much you...........lucky a...........

how was it was it kick ass or a let down?

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I actually already knew about the Mii's, but I've yet to ask whether or not you can save GAMES to the Wii. Now that I think about it, I haven't looked at the thing up close and personal, so I don't even know if there are memory card slots :D On second thought, does Nintendo even do Memory Cards? PS does, and so... Does Xbox, I believe.

The Gamecube had mem cards. I believe Wii does too... it has an SD slot after all...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.