What next-gen console do you want?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I work at a Gamestop, so I've already got my eye on a PS3. Too bad my employee discount don't work for consoles, though :( Damn expensive shit!

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Im getting the Wii. I'll wait untill get completely finish making a perfect "blue-ray" for PS3 since Japan isn't using them due to unrelease and beta testing... -_- JAPAN>USA

B

bengy89

all of them....my parents will pay .... if i make a fuss !

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
To whichever mod/admin moved this:

Damn, I keep forgetting this isn't "online games only" anymore! :D Good eye, good eye.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
My money's for the Wii, here's my opinion:

The PS3 is just an overpriced painted over version of the PS2 with new games, I see no point in getting it, it's far from even being classed as a next-gen console.

The Xbox 360 is a great buy, although it's expensive, the price is right and they've bothered to add stuff on to make it worth buying over the original xbox.

The Wii is, hands down, the closest to next-gen, with the most improvements, I think it is actually way under-priced (Although it's still quite expensive), it's a must have for everyone, as it changes the way we will play games with the completely new controllers and add-ons, not to mention the channel system!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Im getting the PS3. Why? I like all the adventure and RPG games on the PS2. And i don like shooters. So the PS3 was the best choice becuase it will get more of the games i like then the others. As for the Wii, i play games to get away from physical activitys.:rolleyes:

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Eventually all three. Xbox 360 for now, Wii next, then PS3 if/when the price goes down.

I gravitate more towards the Xbox mainly because of the killer app games like Gears of War, Halo 3, Halo Wars, and Unreal Tournament 2007.

I'm very interested to see how the PS3 works out. Sony's sacrificing A LOT to make the PS3 top of the line for years to come. PS3's will ship in few numbers, and the price is insane. But they're plan is to curve system price for now, banking on the fact that the technology will be cheaper a few years from now, but still top of the line.

Nintendo has the best strategy so far imo, putting out a million systems before the end of the year, along with the very nice price tag. The virtual console system is absolutely awesome, buying Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 for $15 a piece is somewhat pricey, but at least there's no premium price for premium games.

Microsoft seems to be hitting the middle ground, giving a reasonable price tag and very good graphics, coupled with their top of the line online experience.

This will be a very interesting era in gaming, and I hope Nintendo does better than what has been expected, considering they're really hitting a very wide audience, and they're expertise in the gaming industry is far above that of Microsoft or Sony, who have only been in the business for a few years.

sqrage

Reaction score
I'm not getting any, but my friends are getting PS3, so I'll be going to their houses to own their asses :)

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
PS3, why. same as pineapple. i like ps2 games. but eventually all of them. except the WII. if you can afford the 360 and the PS3 there isn't really a need for a wii. i mean, it might be a good system, but i can get what you get for the Wii and more with the 360 and ps3.

PS3 for the RPG's.
360 for the first person shooters.

both have good fighter sims. though, with the big upgrade from the ps2 to the ps3 i wounder how far the can push the line on mech battle games. i mean im and anime freak, so the ps3 is my ultimate goal.

how does the ps3 relate to anime? the story lines in the RPG's and art are somewhat similar too those that you find in Anime.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
PS3 for RPGS? LMAO If anything I would get it for FPS's

My choices:
1) Wii, bc it pwns
2) XBox 360, bc Gears of War
3) I'd rather get a beat up PS1 than the PS3...

ReVolver

Reaction score
PS3 for RPGS? LMAO If anything I would get it for FPS's

My choices:
1) Wii, bc it pwns
2) XBox 360, bc Gears of War
3) I'd rather get a beat up PS1 than the PS3...

Same... PS3 = Waste of money and Blue-Ray Suck!!

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I'm not gettin any... yet. My brother might be gettin the Wii for Xmas, and while it looks pretty good, it's power is nothin compared to that of the PS3 (which I will get in a couple of years when the price drops - it's what I did with the PSone and 2).
The PS3 is far more powerful than any other of the next-gen consoles. The graphics will be awesome, but the range of games will be greater than any of the other consoles. The Wii is aimed at a family audience, the Xbox is for the PC crowd, and the PS3 for just about anybody. But Call of Duty 3 on PS3 looks awesome!

So roll on Xmas 2008 - when I might be able to afford one.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I want the PS3, but it's uber-expensive :(

I'll probably end up getting the Wii, or just getting more stuff for the computer. I don't play console games that much, but not that many games seemed interesting enough for me to get lately.

For Christmas, i'll probably get a new MP3 player though. :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I'm surprised anyone wants a PS3, if you like the RPGs on PS2, just play them on a PS2 :p.

Nintendo are actually bothering to research new technology for their consoles, whilst Sony are just getting their paint buckets and game development tools out >_< (plus it's way too over priced).

Though if you have a fair bit of money and like the way things are with gaming, Xbox 360 is the best way to go :shades:.

sqrage

Reaction score
>>and Blue-Ray Suck!!
aha, I hope your kidding, it's like the most innovative thing to come to disks in a while.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm going to stick with my hacked Gamecube and PS2, KTHX.

When wiis get cheaper, though, thats what I'll get :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.