• Option 1:

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Option 2:

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Which of these do you like the most? - The terrain is for this map: Zombie Invasion
Option 1: UPDATED! (might add other doodads, and make the cliff straight instead of that rough thing = Link to old image)
99831000.png

Option 2:
27778549.png

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Yeah what kind of game is it? Different terrains fit different games better. For example if it's a zombie attack or something, option 2 would be better and stuff.

X-maul

Reaction score
hehe, might have considered to add Link to map thread :b
Check post one

skyblader

Reaction score
Although number 2 fits the theme more better... It seems more like the zombie's base, number 1 seems more like a marine's base, since it's the zombies invading your base, I guess I'll go with number 1.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Option 1 - Why? The cliffs can actually pass of as walls, and the terrain as road. Option two looks godly unnatural, i learned from my mistakes in terrain making x)

X-maul

Reaction score
Option 1 - Why? The cliffs can actually pass of as walls, and the terrain as road. Option two looks godly unnatural, i learned from my mistakes in terrain making x)

kk, I'm just corious, but what makes it look bad? (number 2)Is it the funtain? the remains? the tiles?:eek:
(I'm still advancing in terraining, so i love getting constructive critics:thup: - btw I did not want to make the terrain too advanced)

I like option 1 more as well, but I just wanted to know if I was the only one.

skyblader

Reaction score
Maybe it's because natural feature, meaning not man-made(roads etc.) shouldn't be in perfect shape and all.

hopy

Reaction score
Maybe it's because natural feature, meaning not man-made(roads etc.) shouldn't be in perfect shape and all.

Sorry but, that realy does 100% look man-made, only like it hasn't been used for many, many years.

Personally I like the second option the most, but if it's a zombie infestasion map (I haven't checked the map out) than I think the first option would be better, since the roads would still be in use and everything when the zombies came so it should look ... like your own street would look and not like there haven't been humans for ages.

Personally I'd still think the second option has a more ... evil zombie look which could add to the mood of the game, but it would be illogical. Still I'd add some more variation to option one, doodads, and maybe some other tiles every now and than. I've seen a map before that was made 99% with the same street like tile and I found it to look pretty boring.

Ofcourse the most awesome thing would be if the streets would slowly change from option1 to option2 when the zombies capture it and all, but I guess that's nearly imposible to create. :p

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score

Yes, i would like to see hills and crevices in the second option that are designed by the raise and lower tools. That should be done with any more natural area (i.e not human made).

You can argue that it was abandoned, but then why would it have blight on it? Wouldn't it be proper not to have blight yet?

Ofcourse the most awesome thing would be if the streets would slowly change from option1 to option2 when the zombies capture it and all, but I guess that's nearly imposible to create.

It's very much possible, just create a dummy unit at the zombie and have it cast the item ability rod of blight or whatever it's called, and hey, insta-blight.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont really like both, i mean, what shall this represent?
some kind of futuristic base? but why the hell does a futuristic base have barrels filled with explosives scattered all around the map, even if there would be any they wouldnt be like everywhere i guess. and the fountains at the walls? fountains in a kind of futuristic base? maybe it shall be a town and simple enviroments, but it doesnt look like a town at all, too symetric and, well, useless for this.
both picture seem only plain and not thought out to me, there is no storyline but only simple gameplay factor behind their creation. if i am forced to choose i would definitely say the first one is better if its about a futuristic plot, otherwise the first, but besides the style of the cliffs and maybe the green fog they are the very same.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Option 1: Because for me its more naturally and not seen to be the same as all other zombie terrain (which use that pathetic tileset with green smoke)

I just suggest you to reduce the bones

X-maul

Reaction score
i dont really like both, i mean, what shall this represent?
some kind of futuristic base? but why the hell does a futuristic base have barrels filled with explosives scattered all around the map, even if there would be any they wouldnt be like everywhere i guess. and the fountains at the walls? fountains in a kind of futuristic base? maybe it shall be a town and simple enviroments, but it doesnt look like a town at all, too symetric and, well, useless for this.
both picture seem only plain and not thought out to me, there is no storyline but only simple gameplay factor behind their creation. if i am forced to choose i would definitely say the first one is better if its about a futuristic plot, otherwise the first, but besides the style of the cliffs and maybe the green fog they are the very same.

Option 1: Because for me its more naturally and not seen to be the same as all other zombie terrain (which use that pathetic tileset with green smoke)

I just suggest you to reduce the bones

I might need to have explained the story for you guys - my fault, but you'll get the story
The Marine Squad emergancy landed on this abandoned military base, and the only thing left standing in the base, is a energy generator. The marines discovered to thier fear that the reason this base was abandoned was that this was an old biotechnical lab which have discovered a disease which turned organic material into living and hostile creatures, also known as zombies.

Fight your way through masses of zombies each round until the generator in the center of the base have generated enough energy to emit a shockwave which will keep off the zombies for a while.

I am by the way looking for other doodads, trying to get some red flashing lights, pipes and stuff like that, but its hard to find :(

skyblader

Reaction score
After the story... Why not combine them? :p Like green roads and all.

skyblader

Reaction score
Basically something like 1 but a little green, maybe add the green smoke.. To show that it's infested with zombies, abandoned... There definitely should be no fountains, maybe a little damaged roads and also some left around guns or equipment, to show there wre inhabitants before? Or the marines that died, leaving him alone.

X-maul

Reaction score
ahh - ok :) I might add a non-available (not enter able) lab near the zombie entrances, that have been destroyed

(I'm still working on getting the models for such things

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.