What tutorials would you want?

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Im open to anything as long as it can be done with GUI or easy JASS. My question is what tutorials would you want that haven't been made. If you can give me one you will get +rep :thup: (sorry if this is the wrong section)

---offtopic---
why not work on your map >.<
---ontopic---
all the easy ones have been taken lol hmm let me think
oh idk if there is one but how to make a working clock thats converted into a string every second would be nice lol

lol there is already the DotA clock up and +rep

offtopic: I don't work on my maps on weekdays :D

anything else you guys can come up with :p

Make a Key guide

A guide that shows how to open a gate with a key, if you die with a key it will be dropped and add in a key ring to guide to it to, thatd be nice

idk how to make basic triggers but a collection of them i started to make video tuts i wwas gunna submit the index but thats something you can do cause i didnt have the longing to
just thought i lost the txt cause i restarted my comp and the vids i lost an hour of my life not evening habveing that much fun :(
like theres +200 threads about how do i creep respawn that was one i had a hard time making cause i had a 8192 variable point array i destroyed them periodically just to fast but if you had a full game of mob framing well you would have less respawn :( but yeah just do commenly requested triggs and each step by step action by action imo thats the best way

hey i uploaded a vid on how to set forces i didnt go to much depth but it could help if you want it just reply to the thread or pm me and ill send you a link

Make a tutorial explaining about trees, units and balancing map issues etc, and making simple spells in GUI though I don't need it.

is it possible to make a gold/silver/copper system like world of warcraft? 100 copper(food) = 1 silver(wood), 100 silver = 1 gold(gold)?

Ye, as mentioned above;

Could be of some use showing people how to make customized spells in GUI. Using dummy units and how to make the different possitionings "offset" etc. It can be abit hard to get around if you're new at "making" customized spells.

Atleast I could use a tut that explained some of these things ;)

you click the
reputation.gif
thing

Gimme tutorial on how to make a roll system, i want to know how can i get the biggest integer that it is rolled so i can give an item to some units

oops.. lol... didnt read what you posted above me... haha.. i gave you the wrong answer... which was not needed.. :(

A how to make the Storm(From dota) spell Eletrical Rave(I think this si the name).
The one that increase attack speed.
=]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I'm not so sure, there's still a lot of Thursday left for it to become unhappy.
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    still a few hours
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Its Friday!!!!
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Thursday 7/10 would Thursday again
    +3

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.