What type of campaign do you wish to see?

What type of campaign makes you all gooey inside?`

• Total voters

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
Hello guys, over the past few weeks i've gotten better at terraining/triggering, can do most things now..i'm just wondering before I start anything too large what type of game you guys would be most interested in playing...

-One option that I was thinking of would be something along the lines of Final Fantasy 14/15, using that type of gameplay

-Another would be the cliche'd Warcraft IV, altough we have a trillion already

-Another would be a "Dawn of the Dead" type map. Not just "kill the **** out of zombies, but mor of a survival type thing.

-Lastly would be a different campaign, that strays from the norm in gameplay and holds a unique style, but uses a common WC storyline

---YES, i'm looking for a large project.. All suggestions are acceptable. I'm currently open to any type of suggestion on the type of map as well

thanks in advance if you guys are reading/posting on this...i'll try to keep this up to date.

N

Nordmann

Before I make a looong list of suggestions I would like to know if you plan on skinning units or use existing units.
If you know skinning or know someone who knows skinning you should go for something noone has done before.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Something about Warcraft IV... even though there are so many projects on that going on :p

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
I plan on using existing units/downloading units from hive, if it comes down to "I definately need that" I will get it.

Nexor

Reaction score
I voted on option 5, because making a campaign is a very long work.

But if you are about making one, make it funny, based on an original idea, and use nice eyecandies :)

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
Yeah, it is long, which is what i'm after lol

But making it funny--ehh im gonna place some easter eggs in my map..gotta love 'em. It's not gonna be like a super long super emo campaign but its not gonna be like stand-up night at a comedy club

Razed

Reaction score
You could create a campaign map that you one of the many players that take part in defending the Sunwell. We all know the Scourge overwhelmed the high elves that required the Sunwell to feed themselves with Arcane Power.

You could try to create an awesome Quel'Thalas map where Scourge waves come and go to destroy the Sunwell and you have to defend it. After about 15 minutes when you vanquished all of the undead creatures it seems that (even without succes) 'the' plague has come through and infected you and your allies, thus corrupting your mind with evil thoughts and changing your body, limb by limb into the undead.
Once truly transformed you all gain ranks in the remaining Scourge's army. And your goal in life is now to even, after all, destroy the Sunwell. But it has become hard because of your actions in human form which almost destroyed all of the Scourge.

This may come out quiet confusing to people to play, so I suggest (if you like it) that you just scrap that story into a beginning cinematic. And that cinematic shows how the fight (which the elves win) and shows the corrupting of you and your allies. And when the player is eligible to play he's already in undead form and you actually start a kind of RPG adventure in the destruction of the Sunwell.

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
-Razed,

Yeah, I see where you're going with it...might be pretty cool to do something along those lines. It would be cool because i'm trying to include a few cinemas and "invasion" type battles. My WC lore is a little (large understatement) off but it would be possible to make it work.

thanks for the input!

Razed

Reaction score
To be honest, I've never seen a lot of maps that have the 'Destruction' of the Sunwell as subject (or it's my lack of map knowledge :p). Perhaps it's a good way to be more unique.

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
well, the main thing i'm doing with this campaign is making it 3rd person, whereas the normal ones are overhead. The advantage of making it 3rd person is you can make it seem more realistic, and if you terrain right, a lot more is taken out of it than the typical "oh wow look at that..."

At the moment, i'm planning one of the maps to be around a large battle..but how's your knowledge on the sunwell?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I choose Dawn of the Dead. Why you ask? Because I simply love zombies :thup:

Razed

Reaction score
I don't know a lot but I can tell you this (from wowwiki).

The Sunwell was a fount of mystical power at a convergence of powerful ley energies in Quel'Thalas, created by the high elves who used a vial of sacred water stolen from the Well of Eternity.

The well's potent arcane magic fed and strengthened all high elves on Azeroth. Thus, the city of Silvermoon was established. The power of the high elves grew, and they cast an enchantment on the Eversong Woods that would keep them bathed in eternal springtime. Elven magi crafted monolithic Runestones along the borders of Quel'Thalas; these massive stones powered a magical shield intended to mask the elves' magic from extra-dimensional threats and protect the land from invasion. The hard-won peace of Quel'Thalas would endure for roughly four thousand years.

For millennia the mystical pool of energy fueled the potent magic of the exiled high elves. The Sunwell's inexhaustible power permeated the elves and infused them with a constant supply of arcane energy. For generations the high elves protected and cherished the well, benefiting from its powers even when outside the borders of their homeland, Quel'Thalas.

Third War

During the Third War, the evil death knight Prince Arthas Menethil laid waste to Quel'Thalas, wiping out most of its population and reducing large tracts of the mighty kingdom to ash in his quest to reach the Sunwell.

As the undead armies closed in, a high elf named Dar'khan Drathir (who hoped to gain the favor of the Lich King) aided Arthas by lowering the shields surrounding the Sunwell. However, Dar'Khan's treachery resulted in an explosion that knocked him unconscious, and dissipated much of the Sunwell's power.

With the elven capital of Silvermoon lying in ruins, Arthas marched triumphantly to the Sunwell and tossed the bones of the fallen necromancer Kel'Thuzad into the radiant beam of light. With this act the sacred well was instantly corrupted. Knowing he had sealed the fate of the high elves, Arthas departed with the newly resurrected Kel'Thuzad to carry on in service of the Lich King. Many of the Scourge, however, remained behind to prey upon the few elves who had not yet fallen.

In the aftermath of the battle, the legendary King Anasterian lay dead along with the members of the Convocation of Silvermoon, the high elves' ruling body and the Ranger-General of Silvermoon, Sylvanas Windrunner. Lor'themar Theron, Sylvanas Windrunner's second–in–command, assumed temporary leadership and organized the remaining survivors to fight the undead, but it was the return of Prince Kael'thas - member of the Kirin Tor and first son of Anasterian - from Dalaran that brought the elves a fragment of renewed hope.

Kael'thas soon learned that the greatest danger to his people was posed not by the Scourge, but by the Sunwell itself. The corrupted powers of the well still permeated not only the elves, but all that they had built. Given enough time, the necromantic energies would kill the elves and spread an incurable poison throughout the surrounding land. Kael'thas painfully concluded that the Sunwell, the heart of their society, must be destroyed.
The Sunwell before and after its corruption.
The Sunwell before and after its corruption.

He executed a plan that would irrevocably change the fate of his people. With the aid of the most powerful remaining magi, accompanied by Lor'themar and a party of volunteer defenders, Kael'thas succeeded in destroying the Sunwell. However, though the Sunwell's energies had been dispersed, not all of its essence was lost. A wizard named Borel - in truth, one of the guises of the red dragon Korialstrasz - gathered what remained of the energies and hid them away in the guise of a young human girl, Anveena Teague.

In the aftermath of the Sunwell's destruction, Kael'thas declared that his people would be forever known as the sin'dorei, or blood elves, so they would never forget those who had fallen in defense of their homeland.

Although the Sunwell's threat was ended, Kael'thas could not have foreseen the effect its loss would have on his people. The elves suffered terribly from withdrawal, for many of them had been infused with the arcane energies of the well all their lives. Only in the absence of the Sunwell did the blood elves come to realize how addicted they had grown to its powers. Over time the elves grew ill, and the youngest and oldest among them died.

Thirsting for vengeance, Prince Kael'thas and the healthiest of his warriors immediately joined the campaign against the Scourge in Lordaeron while Lor'themar and a ranger named Halduron Brightwing remained behind to safeguard the land and seek a cure for their people. Kael'thas and his warriors followed the naga through the portal and into the shattered realm of Outland. There, the elves met the one being capable of putting an end to their painful hunger: the renegade demon Illidan Stormrage.

With Illidan's aid, the blood elves found a temporary reprieve, learning to siphon the magical energies of others to ease their own suffering. As Kael'thas joined the fight against Illidan's many enemies, the prince came to rely more and more on fel energy: the dark and corrupting essence wielded by the demonic Burning Legion itself.

Most of Kael'thas' group chose to stay in Outland, but Rommath was sent back to carry a message of hope to those blood elves remaining in Quel'Thalas. Rommath accomplished his mission: relaying tales of a glorious promised land, spreading the teachings of Illidan (teachings which Rommath smoothly attributed to Prince Kael'thas), and planting the notion that Kael'thas might one day return to lead his people to paradise. Rommath remained in Quel'Thalas to help rebuild and await the prince's return.

Months later, the traitor Dar'Khan – now a powerful agent of the Scourge – returned to Quel'Thalas. There he battled the avatar of the Sunwell, Anveena, and a band of heroes aided by blue dragons. Despite the magics he wielded, Dar'Khan was destroyed in the end. Under the watchful protection of Lor'themar and Halduron, Anveena has decided to stay in the ruined city and begin the process of renewal.

Only a handful of individuals know that Anveena is actually the avatar of the Sunwell's power. Lor'themar and his people keep this secret tightly guarded. Meanwhile, Rommath and the new order of elven magi made great progress in tutoring their brethren to manipulate arcane energies. Soon the spires of Silvermoon rose skyward once again, powered by volatile magics. The blood elves have even begun retaking portions of Eversong Forest. Emboldened by the promise of Kael'thas' return, the prince's weary people now focus on regaining their strength and forging a new path into an uncertain future.
The Sunwell today, as the mystic portal used to summon Kil'jaeden (from the cutscene from the early PTR Magisters' Terrace, minus Anveena)
The Sunwell today, as the mystic portal used to summon Kil'jaeden (from the cutscene from the early PTR Magisters' Terrace, minus Anveena)

Recently, Kael'thas - bristling with power from his Manaforges in Netherstorm - has turned his back on Illidan and has finally returned to Quel'Thalas, promising final deliverance to his people. To this end he has harnessed the mortal possessor of the Sunwell's energies, Anveena. Yet many believe that the prince's exposure to fel energies has made him unstable, and that he has sought out a new master, a demon lord of the Burning Legion so terrible that even the mighty Illidan would tremble in fear at the sound of his name: Kil'jaeden...

CaptDeath

Reaction score
I love dawn of the d3ad so thats what you should gooo with i was gunna make a map like that i did the terrain and then i was like im tired of this and im making it ! :mad::banghead:
so if you wanna make that i can throw in some ideas[if you want them if i can find that .txt]

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
just got back, and wow..there is a lot of lore for the sunwell...its still very possible to depict it pretty well..Dawn of the Dead...humm..i kind of put that up there as a joke, but people serously want to see it...i'm confused :confused:

How do you guys feel about the 3rd person camera? Attached some screens of a map i'm playing with of the 3rd person view

Third Person View of my unreleased test map:

wwthirdpersonoc9.jpg

does that look cool or..do without it and just do an overhead?

EDIT: ofc, arrowkey movement...if the pic above is broken here's the link http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7059/wwthirdpersonoc9.jpg

Magoiche

Reaction score
A campaign that you are a man that will prove that darkness is good and light is bad.
Well. When i get a job making games. I will do that xD

Sixth House

Reaction score
The Legendary Tower Defender (Corny but I'll go with it)

Your name is (NAME). You come from (WHERE) and you're trying to make it big. You don't have much knowledge but read many books about tower defending. You wake up one day, packed your belongings and tools and kissed your mother (NAME). You enter the city of (NAME) and someone asked you if you wanted too become a pro Tower Defender and get into the high ranks? your replied (YES) and your magicly in (USE YOUR HEAD). You get to select a various forms different tower types(RACE IN AN RPG WAY). and stick with the one you want. You then battle players in a game of Tower Defense, winning (or losing) earning experience and knowledge as you learn how to build more stronger and newer towers.
Eventually once you get so popular, you then get a chance to battle The Legendary Tower Defender.

Its something different. It's basicly a campaign Tower Defense where you battle various people, get cool towers, ect.

Hope this is helpful :p

Glaivesrit

Reaction score
ohhh so i get what you're saying...its like campaign mode on a racing game, or any other type game that's not strictly RPG.

that's pretty unique, actually..might be challenging to implement different "levels" but who said challenging wasn't fun? Anyway, i'm tied between 3 then..

Lol, Dawn of the Dead is winning right now (8:02 EST) hmmm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.