• Poll closed .

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
The poll might be closed but heres what I prefer:

1. App. Menu and Toolbar System
2. Toolbar System
3. Ribbon

Reasons? App Menu and Toolbars are a classic, they are easy to use and make sense to navigate through e.g. Want to edit something, go under "Edit".

The toolbar should only be used in minor applications unless complimented by and app menu, the only reason I took this over ribbon is cus I hate ribbon, can't really say why, just find them harder to work with and to big.

//==GooS

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
An Idea for the IDE thingymajiger.

Why not remove most of the BJ's? I always plan to go back and fix the WE one day, but you should try.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
OK, so I downloaded Office 2010 and I fell in love with the new Ribbon design. It's not anywhere near as disburbing as the Office 2007 Ribbon was. So I started creating it. This took me 2 days:

a9vz8.png

I know it doesn't look like much, and I'm really not that far with it, so eeeh..
Well, I might release it as open source. Might.

Anyways, what do you think?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do prefer the 2010 ribbon design. It looks much better :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I have now decided the UI solution and started the development on the application. I am now using the DevExpress UI suite (http://www.devexpress.com) for the UI, and it's totally great.

Unfortunately it will be a bit harder to skin, since the skinning is bitmap based - however, it will also allow for more customized skins, rather than just color schemes.

In the next version they will be providing an Office 2010 skin, but I'm not sure whether to upgrade - it's 220$, after all :(

But anyways, here's a little greeting from me:

Happy valentines day!

Attachments

• Happy Valentines Day.png
    Happy Valentines Day.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 282

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
It's... It's... It's pink...

he said it's for valentines day.. anyways it looks good!

p.s. - would it be possible (and feasible) to make a customizable tab that can combine buttons from everywhere - to minimize the need to switch tabs?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
he said it's for valentines day.. anyways it looks good!

p.s. - would it be possible (and feasible) to make a customizable tab that can combine buttons from everywhere - to minimize the need to switch tabs?

Hmm - I don't really understand. Could you elabroate?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you have tabs at the top (home, project, etc.) and they have buttons (cut, delete, etc.) - could you make a tab that has buttons that can be taken from other tabs? like say I need to use the cut button often, and also the delete button, but they are on separate tabs, could there be a tab that has the ability to accept buttons from anywhere (as defined by the user)? - similar to how firefox allows you to re-arrange the buttons in it's toolbars, but instead of toolbars them being tabs

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
you have tabs at the top (home, project, etc.) and they have buttons (cut, delete, etc.) - could you make a tab that has buttons that can be taken from other tabs? like say I need to use the cut button often, and also the delete button, but they are on separate tabs, could there be a tab that has the ability to accept buttons from anywhere (as defined by the user)? - similar to how firefox allows you to re-arrange the buttons in it's toolbars, but instead of toolbars them being tabs

Yeah, this is possible. You can right click on any button any select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar", which will then addd the button to the top toolbar, the one on the application caption bar.

Glad that you like it :)
Have some screenshots.

Attachments

• Moonlite Default Theme.png
    Moonlite Default Theme.png
    168 KB · Views: 294
  • Moonlite Theme Picker.png
    Moonlite Theme Picker.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Moonlite McSkin Theme.png
    Moonlite McSkin Theme.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 272
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.