What you want in WC4.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Multiple Techtrees. So from your townhall you can go to one or two different upgrades, that will drastically change the game.

Yes! Like if you pick one, you cant get dryads but you could get mountain giants, and vice versa, except there would be more new units, Like Age of Mythology, that game pwns.

C

Cryo

it's an awasome idea:D but i don't like it cause every time i play a game like that i have migranes think of which to pick and it really pisses me off to MUCH:mad:

M

Moontraveler

I like the different techtree idea and it's something that I wish would happen.

Well here are my ideas.
-No lag box wait. (A.K.A laggers only see the lag themselves...)
-No limits for the editor.
-Built in model and skin editor. (I think we all want this one.)
-In the editor you can make new recorces without advanced triggering/jass.
-For melee bring back oil and naval warfare!
-If we keep the 4 races from Warcraft 3 have the Undead have more abilities for use of dead bodies, have the Night Elves have allot more to do with the night, have orcs be major hit and run artists, and have the humans to be a mix between everything.
-Exploding sheep.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
-Loading Screen to show each persons bar, like how it is, but not just light up green when done, but show current progress every second. So then you know how close everyone is to being done.

-Custom regions!!! Im sick of Rectangle only!

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Simple answer that overrides most of my other ones.

Uber Pumped up steroids WE. Anything i mentioned about WE in previous posts are included in it too.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the different techtree idea and it's something that I wish would happen.

Well here are my ideas.
-No lag box wait. (A.K.A laggers only see the lag themselves...)
-No limits for the editor.
-Built in model and skin editor. (I think we all want this one.)
-In the editor you can make new recorces without advanced triggering/jass.
-For melee bring back oil and naval warfare!
-If we keep the 4 races from Warcraft 3 have the Undead have more abilities for use of dead bodies, have the Night Elves have allot more to do with the night, have orcs be major hit and run artists, and have the humans to be a mix between everything.
-Exploding sheep.

bump this topic as well as a reply :)
I wouldn't want a skin editor in WE but maybe templates. like Hair, armor, eyes , capes etc. A model editor would be nice xD

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The lag box thing is impossible... you all play the same map, if a guy has lag, then it wouldn't be fair for him if he is the only one affected. Plus, it would desync all players and break the connection.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Variation in unit models. FOOTMEN ARE CLONES, NOT PEOPLE! althouh the sound would have to stay the same.

Someone mentioned morale, good idea.

Adding heros over time, like they did with the taverns. (kinda)

for micro managers: getting a (slightly) increased attack if you have people selected.

It woulod be cool to have units climb cliffs or have a speed bonus going down hill (Arn't they doing they cliff thing in sc2?) or a speed debuff going uphill.

MORE UNITS/MODELS!

Someone mentioned a higher hero level cap, I think it would take more work, because a level 20 could kill many bases quickly (I think) Not to insult or nething.

N

NWG_Jonas

i would want more then one layer of phating in world editor. so u could build lvls of houses so units could go over and under bridges etc :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe the last upgrade of the town hall of each race has a BIG upgrade (like in BFMEII) SO orcs get a HUGE catapult, Undead get some mass graveyard blight thing... Who knows :p

Also more upgrades for the actual base. Like BFMEII as well xD
increased armor and changed skin of all buildings, Flags on some buildings for extra dmge. etc. If you've played BfmeII, the fortresses are incredible. Although Wc3 the game is better xD

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
-all battle vs the lich king
-naga returns
-another old race returns
-possible one way upgrades e.g from elves make dark elves or high elves or blood elves
-very differing races but in the full very balnced
-tactical improvement (the old tactic is just wyrms+dryads and siege boring)

but most of all it should have two campaign types rpg and tactical mode
even BETTER would be ULTIMATE map maker which offers lots of help and is easy to use with more tooltips than in WCIII etc

C

Cryo

oh oh oh i got and idea all race should have a super unit or hero that you can only get one of each game but it would cost like 2000 gold and wood and 20 food oh yeah they also need and another resource in the game 2 isn't enough

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
2 is enough. You can't produce enough workers for more. Unlike Age of Empires wheres theres 4. 2 is perfectly fine.

M

Moontraveler

Though it still would be nice if you could add another resource in the editor.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Though it still would be nice if you could add another resource in the editor.

may I ask how? The current world editor is freakin powerful lol, how would you upgrade it? (If this sounds like flaming [Not intended!] then tell me and or edit my post.)

M

Moontraveler

I don't take that as a flame. It's just that it's very annoying to me that you can't make more than 3 resources without some advanced triggering/JASS...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Did you guys remember the awesome cinematics in the Warcraft III reign of chaos? It was devastating I mean look at the graphics but look at TFT campaigns now more on triggers instead of movies. So I want great cinematics in warcraft IV. Oh and yes more neutral units like ducks etc.:D

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely more movies. Those were simply amazing. Everyone had me gawking at my screen. I'd also like to see more models and icons. Besides that, it is all the same to me. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.