What you want in WC4.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Hmmm...I'm not thinking about a new warcraft right now, just playing wc3 for now.

However, I would like some more models, maybe some more skins, and more sound sets and icons, so we could make more interesting games in world editor. Improved graphics would be nice, too.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I've posted one before but i will do it again :D

- Blood elf race not just humans with blood elf skin.

- Dranie race, damn dranies are ugly in wc3

- where is the taurens !! add more to orcs

- be able to control larger armies, instead of just 20

- Walls and gates would be awesome

- newer units, buildings and spells

C

Cryo

There also need to be more interactive enviorment i mean theres peasents in northrean and his still wears damn short sleves i mean there should atleast be a cold affect, and what about lava units can walk across that ez and not get a single burn

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Though it still would be nice if you could add another resource in the editor.

Thats not flaming in my book. I think that it would be awesome if you could do this. Just my 2cents on it. Also I really wish that you could make as many races as desired.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Some of my ideas:

• An awesome importer, where you can import races and resources and maybe even coded abilities.
  • A password input so that it cant be opened by anyone else, since protection can corrupt the file.
  • Maybe even a ingame skeleton animator to make the cinematics more dynamic.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think I'm reviving this topic since its still on page 1 :p

I don't think anybodies mentioned underground and highground.
That'd be pretty cool ^^

I wouldn't want an in game model editor. External ones are a lot better.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Realism FTW. Instead of a unit such as a rifle man using 3 food at one point, make him take food over time. The more units you have the more you need to get. Like instead of getting 12 food from a farm. You get 20 food from crops, that food depletes slowly from the units needing to survive and eventually dies off. Then you need more. If you go into negative food your units would lose health slowly and be slower and weaker. And more realistic resources. You dont need gold to build a straw and wood farm! You need straw and wood! Like a town hall could need iron ore, wood, and cloths. The gold mines could be ore mines. You could get lumber faster. And you can make buildings that supply other small resources like cloth for units, or turns iron ore into metal, or turns critters into food. The units should have less health, more damage, and faster. The footman attacks, stands there for about a second with his sword at his side, and attacks again. Why the hell would you do that. You should attack at all times. And it takes about 20 hits for a footman, to kill a peasant. A peasant has cloth armor on. And he is being hit my a sword 20 times. He would die faster. I will continue this post later.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Now that wouldn't be warcraft anymore... you're getting carried away.

Realism? There's no magic in the "real world".
If units are slowly eating the food, don't they have to go back to the base and eat?
You might not need gold to build a farm, but you need gold to buy the straw and wood.
Yeah, let's vote for 1 hit ko and rushing. Actually, can't a peasant swing his pick-axe at a footmen? I would.

jhnam95

Reaction score
all i want is for some triggers able in meele games
this would mean that you could use triggers in a meele game
WC3 is fine
if we use the WE effectively and triggers allowed in meele
we could create WC4 ourselves
Blizzard allowed us to create our own unit models
They allowed us to alter units in almost everyway
Abilities, upgrades, etc. all editable completely
(some abilities would require triggers which is y they should b allowed in meele games)
We could create our own doodads and terrain
Isn't that pretty much what they can do now?
I say if some triggers are allowed in meele games, we could make our own
WC4
And using gameplay constants and such also.

And if there is WC4, ya i guess they could make more units and heroes and stuff and make the triggers better.
All in all, i doubt there would be a new warcraft. Maybe they would make new patches containing new maps or something or campaign but that's all they can do now which is why they're moving on to WoW and SC2

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Do you know C++ or any coding language? Would you sit there and make endless amounts of code all day? Do you have a dedicated team? Dou you have the rights?

No?

Then there will be a WC4. Do they look like they will make SC2 into World of Starcraft? They will make it for money.

C

Cryo

Big thing

Umm one big thing i notice in all rts is how the units die they all die the same way, last time i checked ppl fall in diffrent dicrections, and another thing if you get sliced by a sword you die. Which make me wonder how rifle man can shoot with an army gone, not to say trolls being hit with cannon, point being= units need to die faster and in diffrent ways.

BTW you don't need gold to build it but you use to gold to buy the seeds, define "magic", no that y you have cravans carring food to soldiers, btw elves don't eat atleast not alot.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
What you want is ragdoll physics. I dont want to buy a 2000 dollar computer to run hundreds of ragdolls on the screen to play a rts.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Too much realism is not what I want in WC, or any RTS for that matter. I prefer my games to be a place where I can escape the real world :)

As far as I'm concerned, the graphics in WC3 were good enough. A little improvement would be a must but I would like to not have to upgrade my computer to run it at the sort of speeds I see on WC3.

C

Cryo

If you want anti realism add game mode like anti gravity EVERY UNIT FLYS, or steroids mode all unit take Buffs/ steroids etc.

jhnam95

Reaction score
Too much realism is not what I want in WC, or any RTS for that matter. I prefer my games to be a place where I can escape the real world :)

As far as I'm concerned, the graphics in WC3 were good enough. A little improvement would be a must but I would like to not have to upgrade my computer to run it at the sort of speeds I see on WC3.

LOLZ You have no life....
:D:D:D

I"m just joking so don't get pissed :p:p:p

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Take a look at SCII, more or less, that would be what you would find in WC4 (if they made one in these years). I'm talking about models, systems (physics) animations, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.