Whats the Best Shooting Game of all time?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
agreed

I played GOW the other day at a friends house, and it did nothing to inspire. I think the genre has switched (for me at least) to third person shooters that at least throw something new in besides graphics. Have you seen anything about "fear" yet DDR? Or how about "Prey"? If not, both of them have crazy cool physics engines featuring puzzling gravity challenges and mindfreaks. They are both pretty fun (Prey is actually FPS, whoopsies)

They probably never will match the greats, but they are good for a few hours

Fear scares the shit out of me. :X

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Metal Gear Solid isn't an fps.

Here's mine:

1: Timesplitters 2. The best FPS since... well... ever, really.

2: Timesplitters Future Perfect. Sequel to the above, the story's better but the guns don't feel as... meaty.

3: Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. Brilliant WWII fps.

4: Call of Duty 3. See comment for #2.

5: Medal of Honor: Frontline. My first fps, it's still one of the best ones I have.

Resistance: Fall of Man came from the guys who made the truly excellent Ratchet and Clank series. So the weapons are brilliant... and let's face it, they're the real star of FPS games. Plus the game's set in Blighty, so I have more reason to love it (Despite the fact that I don't even own a PS3, let alone the game).

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
GoW Sucks horribly,

Know one talks to my lady like that!

Gears of War is bloody awesome. How could you not like it (i'm presuming you've played it online quite a bit)? I've been playing it about every day or second day for a month and a bit now and it's still great fun.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I agree with Husky..

Is it even humanly possible to hate gears of war ????? :D

I Also notice alot of you seem to think im asking whats your favorite FPS. NOT TRUE if you look at the first post it clearly asks for your favorite SHOOTING GAME

Game/Game Series so far:
Counter-Strike
Gears of War
Resistance fall of man
Half-Life
Halo
GoldenEye 64
Perfect Dark
Black
Timesplitters​

robinremue

Reaction score
Well I haven't played many fps's. Nor do I now a lot about them...

Though I accidenly 'do' own Goldeneye 64 :p and Counterstrike xD

So Goldeneye 64 and CS for life ;)

Rad

Reaction score
MGS Snake Eater of course! And Black.

Those were awesome, and the only people who dont think so havent played them

I like battlefield not because its a shooter but because its alot more warlike then most of them. Vehicles make all the difference =] Gotta have tanks! No game is capable of making you more angry, while still keeping it fun and EPIC! Even if you suck, and have a 1:5 KDR you still have fun trying to fly the transport/blackhawk :D

I hate counterstrike, its only fun when your playing it at a LAN party, the rest of the time theres just a huge element of gameplay that is missed

Halo 2 was also good, but I played it too much... it got boring. Although I missed having 8:1KDR's, which is nearly impossible in battlefield unless your STRICTLY a sniper/spawn camper. Basically, if you break 2.0 then your one of those. Id like to see a medic with a 3KDR

Goldeneye... No. I used to play it every day back when it first came out but it wasn't that great back then either

Perfect dark.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Gears of war best made shooter I've seen

However CounterStrike is also a very good shooter

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i just hate shooters where the whole mp is about jumping around and doing flips off walls to win

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
MGS Snake Eater of course! And Black.

Game/Game Series so far:
Counter-Strike
Gears of War
Resistance fall of man
Half-Life
Black
Halo
GoldenEye 64
Perfect Dark
Timesplitters​

I beat Black :) its cool. It was a tough game to win.Thats one of the reasons i like it. I also played all of the Timesplitters, Perfect Dark, Gears of War, and GoldenEye 64

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Call of duty - it has like more realistic shooting then most other games IMO mainly coz the snipers which i use alot, i mean you take a look at most (mabye all) other shooting games the sniper is always steady and even at a far distance you shoot at the person and the bullet arrives straight away, but i know that BF is not like that :p

i dont really CS becoz i didnt like the fact that they have the aim with them everywhere they go, that makes you have no skills if you dont have a aim with you. This is just my opinion :rolleyes:

golden eye 64 is a great game i still have a nintendo 64 YAY

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Call of duty - it has like more realistic shooting then most other games IMO mainly coz the snipers which i use alot, i mean you take a look at most (mabye all) other shooting games the sniper is always steady and even at a far distance you shoot at the person and the bullet arrives straight away, but i know that BF is not like that :p

i dont really CS becoz i didnt like the fact that they have the aim with them everywhere they go, that makes you have no skills if you dont have a aim with you. This is just my opinion :rolleyes:

BF2 has a bullet drop and bullet speed system, no wind though.

CS is more about controlling the recoil of your weapon rather than controlling the aim tbh.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I'm the only loser to say/think of it:

Duck Hunt(er?) for the (Super?) NES ^.^

Tonks

Reaction score

golden eye 64 is a great game i still have a nintendo 64 YAY

Actually, America's Army does that, as well. Possibly the most realistic shooter I've played, but by far not the most fun. There's a difference between being the most realistic and being the most fun. Hell, in Duck Hunter, you can shoot non-stop and get everything without worrying about recoil, particular aim, or things shooting back, but it's still extremely fun.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.