Whats the original name

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Not everyone knows what DotA is or have played it before. If I'm not wrong, it's a triggered ability so there is no original name for it, just the original name of the base ability(and you can use any unit target base ability for it).

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You're probably talking about Crystal Maiden's Frostbite ability, which is based off Keeper of the Grove's Entangling Roots ability with the buff's model changed to a Crystal doodad.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You're probably talking about Crystal Maiden's Frostbite ability, which is based off Keeper of the Grove's Entangling Roots ability with the buff's model changed to a Crystal doodad.

Actually, the buff model is "Buff - Freezing Breath".

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
For future reference, I believe the Crystal model is used for Jakiro's Ice Path ability.

DioD

Reaction score
confirm, jakiro buff uses icecrown ice crystal model as buff and standart freezing breeze as animation.

buff itself based of storm hammer (simple stun).

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
How do you guys know about DotA's internal workings? Is there an open map somewhere?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
How do you guys know about DotA's internal workings? Is there an open map somewhere?

I believe there was some site explaining the spells details. Not too sure. But some of them are just really obvious. However, I recommend not coding like how they did in DoTA. I believe DoTA still uses game cache for some spells.

DioD

Reaction score
dota 90% vjass and 10% hashtables after 56th version, and coded much more better then most people can.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
>dota 90% vjass and 10% hashtables after 56th version

56th version = 6.56?

>and coded much more better then most people can.

yeah well kudos for IceFrog

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> 90% vjass and 10% hashtables
I wasn't aware that they were mutually exclusive.

> yeah well kudos for IceFrog
Based on the fanbase, I'm pretty sure IceFrog didn't code all of that himself.

And now for the serious business, KoJi should read the forum rules regarding DotA-related threads. The question has been answered many times, so I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.