whats with umswe/we unlimited

Pyromancer

Reaction score
i have resently downloaded umswe and we unlimited, but whats the point? umswe is basicly just another welcome screen (i think, please say im wrong) and when i tried saving a map with it, one of my triggers almost got deleted (i canseled it) there is alittle more difference with we unlimited, but not much. i havent used it very much, but is seems that all there is is a few more trigger functions, and well, i dont know? sum1 out there that can help me out? all in all, want to know whats the advantage of have umswe (what does that stand for?) and/or we unlimited? :confused:

Pyromancer

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
we unlimited is one of the most popular resources for map modifiacation.

WEU gives you bonus features such as:

~More trigger functions including saving and loading a hero.
~Extended cliff heights and size limits to size 15 and around about 480x480???
~I think no item/unit/doodad limits.
~the possiblity of having up to 16 tiles for a map (useful if you're working on an RPG)

---

I've only used WEU once but i read the site and saw extras, and tried it out myself and found loads of stuff.

As for unswe i never tried it.

Hope this helps

~Jindo

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
When you say extended cliff heights, do you mean a way to get past the annoying thing that raises the cliff level of the terrain around it if its going to be more than 2? I've always wanted to get around that...

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen that thread. Ah well, hopefully Blizzard will change this maybe in WE4. :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yeah i hope they do :)

PM Darg or something about that if you wanted to get cooperative cliffs, he knows what to do, i sware that i saw the answer in that thread somewhere (at the beginning? :p)

Good luck

Sorry for off-topic

~Jindo

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I dont know, probably in the advanced section, a new section in the trigger editor of WEU :D

and like i said, i dont know about umswe.

Maybe if i figure ou what it means then i could guess what it is :p.

~Jindo

SilverHawk

Reaction score
UMSWE is another editor, similar to WEU. I've never used it though, so I don't know what it's like.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
UMSWE is no comparison to WEU if you ask me just get rid of it...WEU has everything UMSWE has and a lot more!

Pyromancer

Reaction score
ok, another question.... is there a program that lets me edit pictures, (in tga, blp, ect) not just look at them? i have the warIII veiwer (by profet), and warc3 image extracter II, but i cant really change how the images look (triing to make an icon)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
SilverHawk said:
Yeah, I've seen that thread. Ah well, hopefully Blizzard will change this maybe in WE4. :)

WarCraft 4? going to be?... *speechless* +_+

:D

Can't wait for WE4 and also for the new bonus campaign, the founding of Durotar suite..

I actually finished it yesterday at midnight, I was so bored... Yes, I never actually got the time to fiinish it but now its done and im addicted *more, more, need more* ! :p

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Krakka said:
Can't wait for WE4 and also for the new bonus campaign, the founding of Durotar suite..

I actually finished it yesterday at midnight, I was so bored... Yes, I never actually got the time to fiinish it but now its done and im addicted *more, more, need more* ! :p

The bonus campaign is complete. Make sure you have the 1.18 patch and then beat the campaign.

As for W4, that was just a speculation. I don't know if it will even exist...

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
no it isn't.. I played until the end it said there was gonna be a suite... just go on www.blizzard.com when it comes out..

And I have patch 1.18.. I know that becuz when im the warcraft main screen on the right bottom corner it says so :D

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Oh, that's odd...

It is out because I have beaten it all. Try beating it from the last saved point, and after the zepplin sails away it should bring you back to the "Start Campaign" screen, where chapter two will be available.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Really... becuz for me it ended when Raxxar is going to deliver the message personnaly to Jaina..

Ill try it out.. Thx :D

(if im abscent for long time..it means u were right ;))

Sargon

Reaction score
Krakka said:
Really... becuz for me it ended when Raxxar is going to deliver the message personnaly to Jaina..

Ill try it out.. Thx :D

(if im abscent for long time..it means u were right ;))

Yup, that's not the end. You'll know the end when you get to it. It's very...end-ish.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Pyromancer said:
ok, another question.... is there a program that lets me edit pictures, (in tga, blp, ect) not just look at them? i have the warIII veiwer (by profet), and warc3 image extracter II, but i cant really change how the images look (triing to make an icon)

yea..adobe photoshop possibly paint..well yea paint then u can convert

Pyromancer

Reaction score
Pyromancer said:

soooooooooo, nobody really answered my question.......... :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.