What's writers block? :3

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Alright, im hearing Writers Block and i go thinking "Cool, they have a writing club."
but, after seeing people getting stuck and saying they are in a writers block, am I wrong?

What is a Writers Block? lol

is it when your imagination just halts and you just can't write anymore for a while?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
In a way yes. Although to be more precise it's where you can't continue writing a selected piece due to some reasons.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yeah, writer's block is when your mind just sort of draws up a blank when you sit down and try to write, and you're unable to continue your piece. It's a real pain that tends to plague nearly, if not every, writer.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
K, not that you don't get it already but it is plainly a writing block just like it implies though I understand the confusion. Note: not the kind made of wood, but rather a "block"age in your writing, in your ability to continue. ;) I don't experience this btw, something about the way I'm programmed.

So I got a question then pertaining to this, what is the opposite of writers block, probably nothing huh?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Your mind is blocked from writing.
HELLO GEOFF YOU HAVE POSTED IN LIKE 3 DAYS!

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in a selective writer's block now :p. I'm having a big literature cotnest soon, but I only wrote poetry for it. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't wrote prose... It's the first year in which I only write poetry.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Writers block is a psychological conditon that exist when the author inhales excessive amounts of smoke generated by the thermal combustion of THC saturated nugs of biomass with the intent of elevating cognative thought to the limits of ones creativity in order to develop a satisfying composition, and then failing due ones pre-occupation, euphoria, and complete lack of interest.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a drawers block as well?
I'm used to draw stickmen killing eachother on every paper I get in my hands, but I have failed to draw any new painfull death lately.

Seb!

Reaction score
Writers block is a psychological conditon that exist when the author inhales excessive amounts of smoke generated by the thermal combustion of THC saturated nugs of biomass with the intent of elevating cognative thought to the limits of ones creativity in order to develop a satisfying composition, and then failing due ones pre-occupation, euphoria, and complete lack of interest.

Writers block = Getting high

Fatmankev

Reaction score

Really? 'Cuz I just smoked a fat blunt and a jay and I've started writing a new story, so in this case... THC FTW.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Is it possible to have a drawers block as well?
I'm used to draw stickmen killing eachother on every paper I get in my hands, but I have failed to draw any new painfull death lately.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear that there's someone else that does that kinda shit, too. Honestly, I think it's just a phase... at some point during my senior year in high school, I just kind of stopped doing it because it didn't mean the same to me as it had before. I dunno, though, I'm not sure if there is a drawer's block, 'cuz those two parts of your mind work in very different ways, as similar as the two things may seem.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's possible to have anything-block. It can just me a case where you suddenly can't do it. Like sometimes on tests or something and you don't know what to do suddenly even after you've studied and stuff (or maybe you just forgot) lol.

Syndrome

Reaction score

uhh.....
so... in a way im right right?
oookk...
i get it now lol :p

thanks for your help!

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear that there's someone else that does that kinda shit, too. Honestly, I think it's just a phase... at some point during my senior year in high school, I just kind of stopped doing it because it didn't mean the same to me as it had before. I dunno, though, I'm not sure if there is a drawer's block, 'cuz those two parts of your mind work in very different ways, as similar as the two things may seem.

Me too. I had this phase in eighth grade. I made really violent flip books. I am a gifted artist too so they were actually quite rock'n'. I wish I could somehow scan them on the computer but that would destroy them. Lol, maybe I can film them as I flip through them. My friends were also into this at around the same time and then we just grew out of it. I also did this on hypercard, but grew out of that as well. As far as drawing blocks go, I'm sure you can experience an impasse in anything one strives to complete. We are not perfect machines made to endlessly complete task put before us.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Oh shit, I started making flip books in 8th grade, too! But again, they were stick-figure flip books, not some wondrous artistic dealio, so I guess you've got me beat. I like you though, Father Yetti. I feel like you're a good man.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Off-topic:
We are not perfect machines made to endlessly complete task put before us.
100101010100100011110001111001010101000111110010101010110101011010101010101010101010101001011000011110101001010110001010101010010101010101000001010100111100101000011010101011...

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Oh shit, I started making flip books in 8th grade, too! But again, they were stick-figure flip books, not some wondrous artistic dealio, so I guess you've got me beat. I like you though, Father Yetti. I feel like you're a good man.

Thanks Fatmankev! Bubble, bubble, bubble, fooooooooohhp........aaaahhhhhh cough! cough! cough! - maybe a feel good man, lol. :D

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score

Ah, but they dont have to be artistic wonders to be good. I personally draw stickman not because they look so awesome (they dont, stripes and dots eh), but because they have something charming...especialy when dying.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.