Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other "what is it?"

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, what's your favorite and why?

And Is there any good and moar powerful editors out there?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Photoshop CS5 Extended. Quite easily the best editor out there. Plenty of features, easy to use once you get the hang of it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Photoshop CS5 Extended. Quite easily the best editor out there. Plenty of features, easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Agreed. CS5 is definately the best yet.

Although, it is unfair to compare an expensive program with something like GIMP which is free and offers very good features for a free program.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I prefer Gimp because of that it is still clean in it's look, and free of course. I have not used photoshop since version 5.0, back then it was still clean enough to use, today I think that it has to many features for my liking.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Photoshop is an extremely powerful program and a great tool for anything digital. Painter is amazing for digital painting. The GIMP is an amazing free alternative to these two.

Each is amazing, and if you are a good enough artist you can make excellent stuff on any of it!

I voted for PS though. I really like it a lot since I switched over! :)

FireCat

Reaction score
What wrong with Corel Paint Shop Pro? No one use it?
Well, I think it's better than Adobe PhotoShop.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
What wrong with Corel Paint Shop Pro? No one use it?
Well, I think it's better than Adobe PhotoShop.

It has a few more features. However, Paint Shop Pro is definitely a powerful editor. For many, it'd be pretty much the same.

However, I see more people use Corel for photo manipulation rather than for painting/creating things. I haven't tried it out myself, though. :) Part of the reason why it isn't voted as a favorite is because it is less popular.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I stick with Photoshop purely because I'm used to it and I'm constantly discovering new ways of editing efficiently with it.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I stick with Photoshop purely because I'm used to it and I'm constantly discovering new ways of editing efficiently with it.

This. Also, I dislike the look of GIMP and I'd hate to have to learn a new editor >.>

As for Corel, from what I know, that editor is more aimed towards actual drawing, while Photoshop is aimed towards photo manipulation and editing.

FireCat

Reaction score
However, I see more people use Corel for photo manipulation rather than for painting/creating things.

As for Corel, from what I know, that editor is more aimed towards actual drawing, while Photoshop is aimed towards photo manipulation and editing.

Doesn't look confusing or anything???
Well, I guess we can sum it up at that. Both Editors are pretty equal. Right? lol

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
PS is really powerful not only with editing but it can also cater to anybody's artistic needs, for those who are skilled in doing art. And so is GIMP and MS Paint (like what Revolver said^^). Even though I'm more aimed at vectoring as a designer, I voted for PS mainly due to me being used to its features and interface.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Doesn't look confusing or anything???
Well, I guess we can sum it up at that. Both Editors are pretty equal. Right? lol

I said "from what I know" and Purge said "I see". Those are not absolute statements, so one of us may have simply got it wrong.

FireCat

Reaction score
I said "from what I know" and Purge said "I see". Those are not absolute statements, so one of us may have simply got it wrong.
I've seen your post lol.

I think anyway it's pretty equal Like I said. but yeah, It seems Adobe Photoshop is a little bit more powerful editor out there. Well, for now.

Anyway, they really should get all the editor's "in one single one"

That would be the most extreme editor ever!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Anyway, they really should get all the editor's "in one single one"
AFAIK, Photoshop can do everything that every other editor can do, and more.

It just comes down to just how much people need those extra features, and interface preferences (something you can't just 'merge').

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Besides, making a single "ultra" editor sound a bit communist :p.

What if I don't want to use that editor? I don't have any other option then and that would suck.

FireCat

Reaction score
Besides, making a single "ultra" editor sound a bit communist :p.
What if I don't want to use that editor? I don't have any other option then and that would suck.
Nah, It doesn't mean. and no one said. that there's will not be other editor to choice.

Well, but why use another if you have everything in one?
Btw: It looks like there's already one you see see? :D

AFAIK, Photoshop can do everything that every other editor can do, and more.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Nah, It doesn't mean. and no one said. that there's will not be other editor to choice.

Well, but why use another if you have everything in one?
Btw: It looks like there's already one you see see? :D

Obviously it's not good to only have one editor, if there already exists one that can already do everything the other editors can. Since you say there is an editor that can already do everything, what could the reason be that people use the other editors?

FireCat

Reaction score
what could the reason be that people use the other editors?
O crap, that was actually a bit tricky. hmmm
Well, maybe someone might have some new ideas, that all in one does not have at all. So with another editor may be a good thing from beginning?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.