• Corel Paint Shop Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other "what is it?"

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Obviously it's not good to only have one editor, if there already exists one that can already do everything the other editors can. Since you say there is an editor that can already do everything, what could the reason be that people use the other editors?

Different UIs and the fact that Photoshop which imo does everything all the others do, isn't free.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Hahahaha had a feeling Something about it wasn't right. :mad:

So what your thought about my answer to my own question?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
So what your thought about my answer to my own question?

My point was to get you to realize that features in an editor aren't everything. People care about other aspects, such as the UI, price, speed, and the company behind it. I personally care about the fact that GIMP is open source, Photoshop is $700, Adobe still pushes Flash, despite HTML 5 being the future, etc.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
My point was to get you to realize that features in an editor aren't everything.

Mechanics and skill > medium. A great artist can make an amazing piece using elephant dung if he wanted to I'm sure.

I read a great article in an art mag I frequent about how a guy switched to all open source programs and his stuff is still AMAZING. Photoshop is just much more efficient and powerful, therefore easier to use.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I read a great article in an art mag I frequent about how a guy switched to all open source programs and his stuff is still AMAZING.
Sure you can do many wonderful and amazing things on open source programs.
But sometimes you need to have another editor, to fix/add something that you want.
Since the editor you have doesn't have.You need to find another. ones again. hmm
You see, suddenly you have 3 editors. It can be quite annoying sometimes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.