Whats your Speedtest connection?

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
So, I've had the internet for a while. It's pretty awesome.

In Steam, I've had a max download rate of 8.5MB/s which is pretty awesome :D

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I finally got an Ethernet cable, my speed is now good:

59527506.png

1852284616.png

this is with a $65/month service and a 250gb cap

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Noice... but your speedtest image didn't show up.

I'm enjoying being capped at 256Kbps up/down right now, and I've somehow managed to go over my phone's 1.5GB data plan and rack up an additional $100. I'm annoyed.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
1854890865.png

1854895242.png

I can't find a server fast enough for my connection :(
How does one acquire internetz that fast? You must've killed many routers, and absorbed their essence.

Speedtest is not an ideal way to test your internet, for many reasons. It's better to download a download manager and get it to download some large files from various sites, and then check your max speed... speedtest only shows 40-50Mbps down, but when I did the former it was actually going at a total of 125Mbps.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
How does one acquire internetz that fast? You must've killed many routers, and absorbed their essence.

Speedtest is not an ideal way to test your internet, for many reasons. It's better to download a download manager and get it to download some large files from various sites, and then check your max speed... speedtest only shows 40-50Mbps down, but when I did the former it was actually going at a total of 125Mbps.

I noticed I had a much faster speedtest when the speedtest server was hosted by comcast.. as is my internet - so I switched servers to get a better idea, and then my speed dropped off a cliff.. (pings went from 6 to the 40's)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2210313615.png

Bump, but well... Hoorah for joining university!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It's pointless to compare speeds, when there's fiber in town (Kansas City).

Google > All ISPs commonly known in the USA.

EDIT: Forgot to copy/paste the image.

2220828566.png

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1855696764.png

56$ month for this crap.

I have a similar connection to yours. Videotron provides stable connection (never really stopped working in years) but at the cost of some speed. When I need a faster connection, I simply go to University and get Internet from there, via encrypted FTP if the need arises. :p

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
If you paid for asynchronous speeds, that's a pretty good deal right there.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I did not. At least to my knowledge... I just wanted Internet since I just moved, just got the easiest one I could. Switching from Cox pretty soon... they've kind of been cox about some things. Yes, I am a genius of wordplay. But seriously they pissed me off, shutting my Internet off for stupid shit (I downloaded a game I own through a torrent because it was faster than re-downloading it through Steam because I didn't have a hard copy, and they shut my Internet off and said the DMCA said they had to, and refused to accept that it doesn't say that anywhere [which it doesn't, nor could they tell me where it said that], or that I owned the game and can email them a copy of the registration for it. They apparently don't care about all the other shit I downloaded that I don't own though... stupid).

Magthridon96

Reaction score
Consider yourselves lucky.

2710113155.png

$100 a month for this, and it comes with a 5GB limit, which I have exceeded in the last 2 days by over 3GB.
Still 10 times faster than it was 2 years ago at least. (I'm not even kidding. I really do mean 10 times. Most people here back in 2008 would wait several minutes to upload simple content like word documents.)

This is the fastest and most reliable ISP in the country, and the best deal they have is 8Mbps for $350/month with a 10GB cap.

Notice the "Faster than 60% of LB" line. Just lol.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
For some reason that made me feel much better about myself. What's LB? Libya?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.