Whats your Speedtest connection?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
That's quite high. I once barely reach 0.5 Mb/s on both upload and download when I lived in the countryside once.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
985752019.png

I have the "Speedboost" service. :p

Winterherz

Reaction score
To be fair, it makes sense that all the posters before me should measure speedtest on 1 point so we're all measuring the same thing. obviously you can achieve double/triple digits on 50-200 miles.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

Woah that's a big difference between download and upload.

Also, what's with the people in the hundreds?!? o_O

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Seeing I've gone over my cap (ISP's fault) I'm pulling a whopping 30KB/s... I'm looking forward to NBN rolling out in Australia, 100Mb/s down and 8Mb/s up -- I'd love that!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Also, what's with the people in the hundreds?!? o_O

most of them seem to be from a university and thus using the university's internet, which is usually pretty fast (especially during non-peak hours), others seem to be the ISP boosting speeds for speed test but not actually providing those speeds outside of that

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course when you need speed, get a server. :p

1421236888.png

1421234798.png

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I am supposed to be getting about 10Mb/s but not even close...

Wanna swap Ghan?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting that I wasn't in the Internet evolution of ~3 years.

1422297751.png

Same upload/download speed since 2007.

(Ps... You gotta love what Speedtest has done, right beside the grade level.)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
BUMP!

I got roadrunner lightning, and it is awesomeeeee :D
1796918740.png

1080p Youtube videos instant load pretty much, it's nice. :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Slow. I'm on a mountain in Idaho connected to an ISP that's overloaded with kids downloading way too much stuff they'll never use after school.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Slow. I'm on a mountain in Idaho connected to an ISP that's overloaded with kids downloading way too much stuff they'll never use after school.

If you want to be pessimistic about it. It's slow if you were to compare it to the fastest possible connection, however, it's faster than 82% of other people that have tested their connection's speeds. So theres something to be happy about.
So if you want to look at it that way, go for it. I'll be enjoying my fast internet speed, not really caring that yours, or anyone elses, is faster. :)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
If you want to be pessimistic about it. It's slow if you were to compare it to the fastest possible connection, however, it's faster than 82% of other people that have tested their connection's speeds. So theres something to be happy about.
So if you want to look at it that way, go for it. I'll be enjoying my fast internet speed, not really caring that yours, or anyone elses, is faster. :)
I would suspect Varine is talking about his own connection, not yours. And nice speeds btw...

>>>>>

I'm on a 30Mbps down, 1Mbps up plan w/ a 200GB cap. Then I get slowed to 64Kbps, or 16KB/s -- that's real fun.

I got Grade A on both my speed test and ping test. The former showed 24Mbps down, 1.15Mbps up, 10-15ms ping. I'm faster than 88% of AU, but at full speed I should be faster than 95% of AU :D. The latter showed 0% packet loss, 27ms ping (450 miles away) and 1ms jitter.

It's ridiculous that after my cap my 3G connection on my phone is ~25x faster up and down. Ping is 300-400ms in League of Legends though, and at some point it flips out randomly and jumps up to 2500+. Although, the servers have been doing that lately to people on WiFi, myself included, so it may not be the phone's fault :p

Fun playing with 5000ms ping though...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I would suspect Varine is talking about his own connection, not yours. And nice speeds btw...

If that is the case, then one would post a "speedtest" of their connection in the post. A post without a "speedtest" picture would then be assumed to be a reply to the "speedtest" posted most recently, or if there was a quote in the post, the "speedtest" from the quote in the post.
#justsayin

As for my speed, I haven't got to play with it much yet, as we got it while I was in the hospital. Doh :)
Time to, errr, play lots of Xbox and download things at the same time? I don't know, what do you look forward to doing with fast internet? Lol :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.