Where to buy Nuon games+demos Discs ?

mgarcia

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Okay I found it! Man it takes me back reading through this code again.

Ideally I would get everything compiling again so I could actually have a chance to help while you take this on, but it's probably more helpful to just get you a dump of everything right now.

What you need is "libsprite", which is a modified version of the original sprite library. In particular, I hand-crafted VLIW assembly routines to draw sprites of various complexity. Look for the sp_pixg#.s assembly files for the various flavors.

My version of source control back then was to copy all the files into a new directory named by date. I have directories for libsprite ranging from 2002 to 2008. Of note, two directories are appended with "-release" so I must have released those on the forums or my website at some point.

I'm attaching the May 14, 2003 release version. I'm totally fine sending along the rest, but I'm guessing since it is tagged with "release" that it must be somewhat stable.

If I find myself with a block of a few hours I may take a stab at getting Decaying Orbit compiling again. But hopefully this unblocks you for a while.

Hi again... sorry for the very late reply :/

2008 compiles fine, but I don't think that was the problem, I don't know for sure because I never got to the stage of link to libsprite2 :/
I did a grep for the missing references, and there not mentioned in both files :(
So, I can't move forward, TMK you've only released the libyar.c while it references other files not in the zips, ie libyar.h

Maybe you did your NY ports in a different folder?
If it includes sensitive code/information, I'm happy to keep it confidential and remove parts and clean it up etc.
I would really like to get the NY ball demo ported, then the few games made for the NY gamejam just finished up.

Hope you can help, again?
Cheers
Mike.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the trouble. Work is easing up a bit so hopefully I have some time this weekend to play around with this again and get it all sorted out.

Scott

mgarcia

Reaction score
It's really my bad, I should have looked into the zip's more closely when you released them... end/start of year I was over committed :/
It's not urgent, when you feel like it, no pressure... I appreciate your help :)

Cobra!

Reaction score
Cafepress discontinued their CD manufacturing service so it's not available anymore. Anyone know of a similar on-demand service? I could maybe get it back up and available if there's something comparable out there.
Since this thread has been resurrected, I might as well say I’m also interested in this. I take it games+demos still isn’t available to buy?

Have you/they tried something like Kunaki or EditHouse?

ZugPlayz

Reaction score
i'm looking for one or two copies of nuon games+demos discs i have see that they are not available anymore to cafèpress store .Anyone is able to help me in finding them?
Thanks
Marco
Songbird Productions is selling repros of IS3 and F3AD. If you want anything other than those, eBay is fine, but some stuff is overpriced (Don't look up The Next Tetris).

Edit: wait this post is from 2014???

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
Songbird Productions is selling repros of IS3 and F3AD. If you want anything other than those, eBay is fine, but some stuff is overpriced (Don't look up The Next Tetris).

Edit: wait this post is from 2014???
Indeed, it is from 2014. What he was specifically looking for was this: https://www.nuon-dome.com/demos/nuongd.html. It was essentially a Nuon homebrew compilation disc that was released back in 2005. It's been out of print for quite some time now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.