which do you think is better

Which do you prefer:

• Total voters

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I want to make a custom combat system, and Im wondering, which idea is better:
Idea A: You have a bar that fills up, and different abilities drain different amounts of that bar, if you don't have enough bar left, the ability is not cast, similar to ff 13's system

Idea B:

Every ability has its own meter. Using the ability drains it completely. When you cast it again, its spell power depends on how far the meter has recovered

egomanyak

Reaction score
I want to make a custom combat system, and Im wondering, which idea is better:
Idea A: You have a bar that fills up, and different abilities drain different amounts of that bar, if you don't have enough bar left, the ability is not cast, similar to ff 13's system

Idea B:

Every ability has its own meter. Using the ability drains it completely. When you cast it again, its spell power depends on how far the meter has recovered
Idea A same with MANA, isnt it?
but "B" contains mana, and cooldown both, i guess, am i right?
However, IDEA B

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
A bar for each ability for sure. This can make it more unique.

You could apply both if you face indecision. Each ability having their own bar and certain abilities becoming availibe as your big bar fills up. Maybe the big bar goes higher with the more damage you do.

Tons of ways to do it :)

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
A bar for each ability for sure. This can make it more unique.

You could apply both if you face indecision. Each ability having their own bar and certain abilities becoming availibe as your big bar fills up. Maybe the big bar goes higher with the more damage you do.

Tons of ways to do it :)

So, each ability has a cooldown, and using it INCREASES the bar? and when the bar gets to X you get bonuses?

I might make a one bar version for now, then do this, ill call the global bar the combo bar.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
1st one is basically mana bar

so I voted for 2nd since it's more original

but why does it have to drain it completely on cast? what if your enemy has low hp and you don't want to waste the whole bar just to finish him?

it would be better if you could adjust the power

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.