Discussion Which Nuon model should I buy?

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here and am unsure which Nuon model to buy. Is there a model that you guys would recommend? Do any of them have compatibility issues?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I would personally get the Samsung N501 as it will play all the games and do homebrew as well.

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay cool. So how much does this model tend to sell for? How much with the remote? Does having the original remote matter much or is it fine as long as I have a controller? Controller-wise, I am waiting for the rev2 Yak Twister controllers (is that how I refer to it?).

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see those listings. I assume it's because I'm from Canada?

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: I just my Samsung DVD-N501 Nuon with the remote! Thank you everyone for your input :D It's a lot bigger than I expected it to be but it looks super cool! Between this and the games I got, all I need now is a controller. Hopefully a solution turns up soon.

View attachment 19025

Attachments

• 1621320250870.png
    1621320250870.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 196

sixersfan105

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Congrats! I find it interesting how so many people kept the sticker in the top right corner. I see more units with the sticker present than sans sticker. Looks like your unit may be missing the controller port cover but not a big deal since you'll ultimately want to have both of those ports occupied by controllers in the future anyway! Glad to see you have the remote. Ballistic is fairly playable with the remote.

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! That's an interesting observation about the sticker. It think it adds to its overall look so it's probably not something I would have removed either had I bought it back when it was sold new. Also, yeah it's missing the controller port cover but I don't mind since most game consoles in general never came with controller port covers so it'll fit right in with the other consoles in my video game setup :)

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Which ones are the units again?

Oddly enough, if you have the CD drive go out on the Jaguar CD, those things are about everywhere on ebay. I fixed one just the other day and the parts weren't bad.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which ones are the units again?

Oddly enough, if you have the CD drive go out on the Jaguar CD, those things are about everywhere on ebay. I fixed one just the other day and the parts weren't bad.
i have a couple of those jaguar laser units just in case

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are my suggestions

Samsung N501
Toshiba
Samsung N2000

In that order. The Toshiba seems to have a longer DVD drive life than the Samsung N501 but the N501 has the better VLM and the homebrew CDR play capability. Not so much valued now since we have signed stuff but there is still NUON content that can only be accessed by the N501.

For Now....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.