Which Race Do You Like Most

Which Race Do You Like The Most ?

• Total voters

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, my friend. I am on the other side. Orcs are too strong. There are a coupple of abuses with them that make them too strong (imba or unbalanced if you will) I am an undead player and nightelf is my second race, but from my experience (and waching wc3 melee replays) I can say that orc own.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Well, my friend. I am on the other side. Orcs are too strong. There are a coupple of abuses with them that make them too strong (imba or unbalanced if you will) I am an undead player and nightelf is my second race, but from my experience (and waching wc3 melee replays) I can say that orc own.

a good druid of the talon army (paired with some chims or hippogriff riders to take out destroyers if the orc has them) can wipe away almost any orc stratagy. Although, orcs do have the most beneficial casters when it comes to bigger team games.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Human. They are all about versatility and fast-counters. We don't necessarily have the best of any type of unit, but we can muster up counter units fast.

Also because I make blademasters cry with MK + Bloodmage for infinite storm bolts.

WarToast

Reaction score
Voted orc.

Love their building design and their units. Like NE and UD it just seems so nicely thought out.

Not too fond of human. Their units and buildings are not very interesting compared with the other three brilliant races

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Well time for me to comment. Note I look from solo perspective:

a good druid of the talon army (paired with some chims or hippogriff riders to take out destroyers if the orc has them) can wipe away almost any orc stratagy. Although, orcs do have the most beneficial casters when it comes to bigger team games.

Not any Orc strategy. Grubby found ways to counter it consistently with Raiders, Bm, TC, and adept spirit walkers. It's very effective, though it requires pretty intense micro. The match is pretty even in w/l once grubby found the counter. Orc's goal is to force an encounter with net and take down heroes, while NE's goal is to CC the heroes to take down the raiders. Teams really focus on the BM and the DH.

Orc's are pretty strong, but mostly because the BM is such an effective unit. Really vs. Orc the game is all about BM focus. Undead do this best with nova/coil dual nuke. Sometimes you can throw in DR or DL for silence/Sleep disable. Also look out for SH or TC, depending on your build, Mass fiends or Ghouls/gargs.

Night Elf all the way. They are the most powerful race in the game, if played correctly.

Not really. NE are strong because of all the various tactics they can use. good scouting and correct counter build can shut Nelf down easliy, as long as you remember what units to attack or avoid.

Humans all the way. they are quite good for solo.
Vs. the undead the paladin kicks ass
Vs. orc blademaster their arcane tower kicks ass (burn his mana so he cant WW anymore and then trap + kill or make him waste TP)
Vs. Nightelf, footman defend rapes
im sure yall can find good counters against human but im just stating WHY i like humans, other then the fact that knights rape so bad (fast speed,fast atk speed, strong damage, high hp), and they have cool heroes too (ive never lost a solo game once my MK got his avatar ulti)

Actually many human players (sky, etc.) prefer getting a fast expo and turteling to griffs and hawks. How do you play solo games long enough to get a hero to level 6? AM is better early game for reeping/expo. Usually you only see MK first if it's HU v Orc. Most *good* orc players go for creep jacking HU than base harass because of towers, though they'll still scout builds when they have spare time and leveling up their SH.

Human. They are all about versatility and fast-counters. We don't necessarily have the best of any type of unit, but we can muster up counter units fast.

Also because I make blademasters cry with MK + Bloodmage for infinite storm bolts.

Depends. BM dps is from crit strike, not WW. all they need is raiders/SH to CC either one of your heroes since BM and MK has no healing, as well as slow early creeping.

What fast counters or versatility do humans have? I mostly see either a) early expand to t3 with air or b) early expand with t2 tech mass casters. Sometimes morts thrown in.

Human is more about mass casters. Usually breakers with priests/sorcs coupled with mana aura. This is why AM is such a better starting hero than MK, as you'll need to switch strats. Another common (which I've stated) is turtle t3 air. Almost impossible for orc to counter with max armor upgrades.

Undead is my favorite right now. From their crazy starts (anyone seen TeD t2 tower rush orc?) from their versatility. They do not rely on heroes as much as focus fire from orb + fiends. They can have problems fighting but they have useful counters and their siege is actually effective vs NE. They have great rush strats and some interesting unit ideas: more about unit durability and normal attack focus than super heroes or CC. Unholy Aura + coil + stats.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.