who is better protoss or zerg? THE FIRST POST EVER IN OUR RECORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hehe...No joke here, 6 fully upgraded groups of scouts come knocking on your door, you better kiss your ass goodbye, the only defense that stopped that overwhelming attack was a tag between zerg queens ensnaring and terran EMP, and a few ghosts, then some devourers and wraiths, now this was sickening to see, I folded that match to two superior opponents.
But I have since learned to follow my scouts with an arbiter and some temps. The arbiter stasis' the most threatening units, and the Templars psi-storm the others to hell...Now call me what you want but this is a bitch to play on anything other than BGH. But it is possible, all you have to do is what's called, RAIDING THEIR ASSES with 8 'goons and a two support templars. Yup, all you have to do is continuously do that, I mean continuously, people do it three or four times then they give up, but by then they've got the other guy SO hyped up, he's pumpin' out 'goons, reavers, marines' etc... it's all gonna end up in your base. So hit 'em every minute you can, it's fun to play close to the "margin". (ooohhh....economics term!) Well, that's it.

A

AMPowers

One time I was playing my friend and i had maxed on scouts and he had a bc fleet. I came in with my arbitors 1 statised the bcs and the other recalled all of my scouts right into his base. He died in like 2-3 min tops.

C

CmdrTydaeus

Hey AMPowers, could you stop reviving dead posts, plz?! This one doesn't even belong in this forum! (should be in Starcraft strategy, not StarEdit)

D

Darkpoint

My answer to the rush: cannons.

I can have 12 cannons up within 3 min. 2 blasts takes out 1 zergling or marine, 3 takes out hydras, 8 will take out a zealot. If you zealot rush me with 12, I lose 3 cannons, max. Ling rush with 24, I lose 2. Marine rush, I lose 1. (if that) Bats never get near me. The only thing that threatens me is tanks or insane numbers of shit, and by the time they have tanks knocking on my door, or can muster 24 goons to my base, I have a carrier or 2.

Z

Zendu

they each have some stroung points: arbiters are by far the best unit toss have in that they cloak, recall and stasis(cheap but if your gonna win...)
carriars are good, sairs kick major ass in the air, i never really kicked scouts but if your filthy rich they can be hard to beat, reavers are just damn deadly if you can manage to recallem and ive even seen a goon swarm that owned.

Zerg have hydras and lings, lurkers whic purdy much will assasinate any attempts to attack you on the ground unless the other players painoid, im a big fan of mutas-guard-devorers which no ones mentioned yet, you see alot of muta swarms in 3v3 maps.

Ultimitly, assuming they were the same skill, id say zerg whould win first 30 mins followed by the next 30 mins being a draw, but if the toss lasted into the 2nd hour theres really not much the zerg can do. i like zerg better cause thier more flexible and can adjust better to unforceen circumtances (like backstabers or something) but toss are good to in that cannons are way better than scs.

F

FoolishViper

corsairs pluss dts reap most zerg players, most zerg played don't build spore colonies, mainy mass hydras, so just use corsair field and wipe out overlords, then send in the DT cavelry.

A

AMPowers

I usually do half muta half hydra, it works most of the time, I also have spores and sunken around all of my base, with lurkers on top of that. My defence is pretty good, but sometimes I wont have my defence up, and they will wipe me out.

When I play islands I usually max on Hydra, and make extra overlords 4 supply and carrying capabilities. My stratagy usually works, just sometimes I have a hard time with those dumb high temp.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
I found the awesomest strat for a non money map, max out air weapon/armor as fast as you can, and go with 2-5 groups of muta, man they waste anything, including hydra... trust me i've seen it done, 2 groups of muta wasted my 4 groups of 2/2 hydra, oh it made me mad, but on the other hand i had 2 people attacking me, one from underneith, one from side, this was an ffa, so it was real cheap

A

AMPowers

well dats cuz they have splash..And if their fully upgraded dont they do mre damage then Hydra?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The first post that we can figure out in this forum before the crashes and all the stuff. Definitely not the first ever but according to our software this is the first post we have by date in these forums!

Historical! StarEdit! The only thing missing is a scmaker post. Everyone is a guest because they were lost during forum upgrades in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.