Who said Nydus Worms weren't useful?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, I realize it's just a random replay of me vs. some other guy. But I used Nydus Worms!

Attachments

• Nydus Worms!.SC2Replay
    35.9 KB · Views: 202

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Your primary army of choice still is the army of Mutalisks.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
You would still have beaten him even without that Nydus worm trick, but yea, its cool when it works.

What currently bothers me is that Nydus worm sound which kinda makes it impossible to use them without enemy knowing about it.

It would be cool to be able to use Nudys worms for taking Island expansions without enemy knowing about it. Or moving your army to the other end of the map, so you can quickly attack from the suprising direction.

edit. Also: I hate sensor tower. For terran who can already control choke points really damn well, it also provides a a fool proof drop/worm protection.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
You would still have beaten him even without that Nydus worm trick, but yea, its cool when it works.

What currently bothers me is that Nydus worm sound which kinda makes it impossible to use them without enemy knowing about it.

It would be cool to be able to use Nudys worms for taking Island expansions without enemy knowing about it. Or moving your army to the other end of the map, so you can quickly attack from the suprising direction.

edit. Also: I hate sensor tower. For terran who can already control choke points really damn well, it also provides a a fool proof drop/worm protection.

Yeah, sensor towers suck :/
I think Nydus Worms are fun, mostly because no one expects them. Would be nice if they didn't require visibility to spawn, would make them much more effective without making them too imbalanced I think.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Scouting overseer is good, or a mutalisk if you make them.

For me removing that global scream would be enough, at least removing it when enemy has no units close.

Im actually starting to think that overlords are better for dropping purposes. You can also use worm after the drop to bring in some reinforcements, or if it seems that you are getting pwned, you can just not to spawn worm and evacuate your units and get the fuck out of there.

Also its hilarious to use overlords as bombers, btw. When some noob ignores your overlords floating above the battle, he deserves to get some banelings raining down to his head.

edit. Of course overlords are kinda risky if he has air to whooppwn them.

Actually, I kinda like how zerg has both overlord drops and worms.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Bleh, I dunno. Overlords are a bit too generic. I like taking my enemy by surprise :thup:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at it and can't just say nothing. :p

Both you and your opponent have considerable build order problems. By the end of the game the gameplay was fine but before that...

It is inefficient, doesn't take full advantage of the resources at your disposition, and slow.

Especially your opponent i would say, but I was quite surprised how your scouting hurt you. You had about 800 minerals by the end of your scouting session, which should have been spent. If you're to lose that much time micro'ing your scout, let him die. Better that than not spending just to save his life.

Also, you can make a spawning pool much earlier (1 minute earlier), which would have wtfpwned your opponent if you had made a speedling rush earlier. He had nothing, and by the time you had 5 zerglings in, you should instead have about 14 speedlings AND be teching.

Thus, your teching 8 minutes in is also way too slow.

Having 3000+ minerals and 0 gas and not using them in the mid-game is also not a good idea. Missing some gas? Build 5 hatcheries on 5 different expands so you will have some later on! You also forgot a couple times to fill in your extractors with drones.

Apart from them issues it was quite nice. The mass Hydralisk was clutch considering you had no idea he was going for void rays!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well, its easy to say what you should have done when watvhing a replay.
I can usually tell what I did wrong when wathing a replay, and thats cool.

But yea. You should have had 1 burrowed scouting ling at each mineral field, and one near his door. When you saw that all offence he does is 3 void ray cheese, you should have wildly expanded like everywhere.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Heh, beginners.
it doesn't matter what you get, as long as you're fast and good at microing

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Well, its easy to say what you should have done when watvhing a replay.

That's the point! "Should have done" should become "have done". :) Build orders can be improved, others thought over.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I looked at it and can't just say nothing. :p

Both you and your opponent have considerable build order problems. By the end of the game the gameplay was fine but before that...

It is inefficient, doesn't take full advantage of the resources at your disposition, and slow.

Especially your opponent i would say, but I was quite surprised how your scouting hurt you. You had about 800 minerals by the end of your scouting session, which should have been spent. If you're to lose that much time micro'ing your scout, let him die. Better that than not spending just to save his life.

Also, you can make a spawning pool much earlier (1 minute earlier), which would have wtfpwned your opponent if you had made a speedling rush earlier. He had nothing, and by the time you had 5 zerglings in, you should instead have about 14 speedlings AND be teching.

Thus, your teching 8 minutes in is also way too slow.

Having 3000+ minerals and 0 gas and not using them in the mid-game is also not a good idea. Missing some gas? Build 5 hatcheries on 5 different expands so you will have some later on! You also forgot a couple times to fill in your extractors with drones.

Apart from them issues it was quite nice. The mass Hydralisk was clutch considering you had no idea he was going for void rays!

Yeah, I realize I have some multitasking problems. I'm working on it :)
Thanks for the tips though!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Heh, beginners.
it doesn't matter what you get, as long as you're fast and good at microing

False.

It only doesnt matter if you are much faster and much better at microing.

No matter how fast you are, you still someday end up meeting someone whos faster than you and then "what you get" starts to matter again.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Countering is standard strategy. It matters, what you get.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yea, although Id personally enjoy more about countering your enemies timing, positioning of units, use of terrain and other choises in battle field, instead of countering units, but it seems that Blizzard is too much of a rock-paper-siccors -fan.

Meh.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.