Who's Right? Dems or Reps?

Who is right?

• The Independents

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

South-Titan

Reaction score
It's been a long hard year in the USA congress. I'm a Democrat, and I believe that the Republicans in Congress are biased jerks. Unfortunately, for thinking so, I'm probably ignoring the fact that the Democrats aren't innocent in the minds of the Republicans.

Who's right, TH? The Democrats or the Republicans (or Independents, but don't bring up the 10-people parties that have, as you've guessed, 10 people)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
They might actually have more in common with the American people if they did mushrooms...

I don't think any of them are right. America is too large a country and the different states have different views and want different things. You can't divide a nation of 311 million people into two different parties. And the fact that republicans and democrats are the two in power is only because they are the two that appeal most to big business and therefore receive the most funding. Political parties have nothing to do with the desires of the people.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I just chose the last one because the real answer isn't here. The political party system has degraded to the point of one side doing something for the sole purpose of not concurring with the other side. If I had to say what my political views were, I'd say democrat, but no matter who is in charge nothing really changes. The leaders are bound by reelection and maintaining power over the other party rather than actually dealing with problems. I think there should be a unicameral system where people run for public offices without the sanction or funding of any party. That alone corrupts the whole system, I mean, the president has to bend to their party's desires considering their election was paid for by it. How many people do you think would make great leaders but can't rise to that position because they did not come from a prosperous family with a lot of pull in a particular party and corporations who would sponsor their campaign? That narrows down the pool of people who can even run in the first place, just because they come from one of these prosperous families doesn't mean they are smart, hell, I've probably got a much higher IQ than most people holding high political offices. I also think there should be no electoral college, but that's another story.

tl;dr, political parties r teh suxzorz

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Now remember: if there were one political party, there would be no democracy... But I already know that America is not a democracy; and its becoming more deformed everyday. Our country is rather a disgusting mess at the moment. :( I don't know how we'll ever fix it.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I don't mean one political party, I mean no political parties. People would be able to run for an office without needing a party. Instead of republicans vs democrats, it would be some person vs another person. Of course this is impossible because like minded people will congregate, and there are more idiots in the world than intellectuals.

edit - people often forget that no matter how many parties we have, there is only one government. A single government cannot function well when we divide up the power between sides that essentially detest each other.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.