why are my banelings bigger?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I placed about 50 banelings in the map but it seems that some of them are slightly bigger/smaller than the rest, does anyone knows why this is?

(I went into the actor-data and saw the option 'random scale range' but this seems te be ok)

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think you're just imagining things. The Baneling's standard animation shows the sac on the back expanding and shrinking periodically. At some points, the Baneling might look a lot smaller than at other points.

Siretu

Reaction score
If you place units in the terrain editor, they'll play their default stand animation. They still move slightly. They are not frozen solid.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Post a screenshot of this, the body (not the green sack) of the Baneling should always remain the same, so put some banelings in a straight line and make them all face 180 or 0.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I don't post any screenshot because it's never a proof, you simply might say that I duplicate a baneling and triggered it

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Is it that important ? I mean I would be happy if every unit in SCII had some variation, like the dark templars :p

Siretu

Reaction score
I'll keep arguing my first point. The banelings are animating in the terrain editor. The sacs gets bigger and smaller periodically. They are actually the same size.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I don't post any screenshot because it's never a proof, you simply might say that I duplicate a baneling and triggered it
...I do not accuse you for lying, I just want to see what you mean.... You're one tough person to help out...

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
haha, i check the model data aswell as the actor, both have their seperate scales that can effect min/max values.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.