Why Can't I Host?

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You can trust me when I say I set up all of the noob things correctly. I forwarded the TCP/UDP ports 6112-6119 for my computer's IP on my router. All of that is set up, my firewalls are down, and I still can't host. Does anyone know some more advanced things I need to check?

I was able to host, but I had to move to an apartment building. When I moved to the apartment, I set up a WPA Encryption to fend of leechers. Since then, I can't host. I have a Netgear WPN824 router.

Anything is appreciated. <( ; . ; )>

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I looked over that thread, and I noticed my DNS server IP-thingy is the same as my Default Gateway. (I have a modem and a router) How would I forward from the Modem to the Router, or check to be certain that it is forwarded? I know how to configure my router (Enter the Default Gateway into the browser). I figure configuring the modem would be the same, but the DNS and Default Gateway are the same. <( ; . ; )>

Do I need to be worried about my IP Routing being disabled?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know if your modem is operating in Bridged Mode?

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well, I was going to ask you how I could check if the Modem is in Bridge Mode. Then I thought that would be an immense waste of time with Google being one tab over. Then, after reading through a few pages, I realized it is kind of complicated. Based on the five other forum threads that I just read, I would assume that it was in Bridged Mode, but I'm not at all certain. <( ; . ; )>

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
What model of router and modem do you have?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.