Why doesn't the cam lock function work?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, why doesn't it work? I lock the cam to a unit, but I can still sway the camera away. Why?

Code:
Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 1 (Red) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Damn.

You may want to come up with something more informative than "It doesn't work".

My trigger; (Haven't shifted the others yet)
Code:
Init 2nd
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Preload --------
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN.MagicExplotion.blp
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAstroElf.tga
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNCorpsePaint.blp
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTitan.blp
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASCR_Human_Poly_Shot.blp
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN.MagicExplotion.blp
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNAstroElf.tga
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNCorpsePaint.blp
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNTitan.blp
        Game - Preload ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASCR_Human_Poly_Shot.blp
        Game - Preload Textures\Hero_BloodElf.blp
        Game - Preload Titan.blp
        Game - Preload units\NightElf\MalFurion\Mal'Furion.blp
        Game - Preload war3mapImported\BehemotRider.mdx
        Game - Preload war3mapImported\DustAndRocks.mdx
        Game - Preload war3mapImported\FlameBomb.mdx
        Game - Preload war3mapImported\good.blp
        Game - Preload war3mapImported\Meteor.mdx
        Game - Preload war3mapImported\Titan.MDX
        -------- End Of Preload --------
        Sound - Stop music Immediately
        Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Game - Display to (All players) for 4.00 seconds the text:                    ...
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Fade in over 3.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Camera - Apply StartingCam <gen> for (Player((Integer A))) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 2 (Blue) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 3 (Teal) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 4 (Purple) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 5 (Yellow) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 6 (Orange) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 7 (Green) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 8 (Pink) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 9 (Gray) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 10 (Light Blue) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 11 (Dark Green) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Camera - Lock camera orientation for Player 12 (Brown) to Pyromancer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00)
        Custom script:   call HSS_Actions()
        Sound - Play Undead2 <gen>
        Environment - Set sky to Generic Sky
        Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Credits with the description erwtenpeller  Tinki..., using icon path UI\Minimap\MinimapIconCreepLoc2.blp
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Sudden Death with the description When the map ends, ..., using icon path UI\Minimap\MinimapIconCreepLoc2.blp
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Objectives with the description The main objective ..., using icon path UI\Minimap\MinimapIconCreepLoc2.blp
        Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Heroes with the description The heroes each got..., using icon path UI\Minimap\MinimapIconCreepLoc2.blp
        Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 51.00 seconds

I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe this will be an nooby answer but still i will post it...

Set time (elapsing)?:D

Tonks

Reaction score
Try taking it off Map Initialization and setting it to "Time elapsed is 1 second;" I'm pretty sure that Map Init screws up that function. I had the same problem in Murder at the Mansion, and stilll people can unlock it by pressing a key. Your best and most efficient solution is having a repeating trigger that locks it to the unit.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Yea I believe Camera triggers dont work with Map Initialization...thought-- I could be wrong.

Also instead of making a trigger for each player to lock it onto a player just make a Integer loop from 1 to 12 and change it to player indexes. I"m assuming you're making a short introduction to ur game or a cinematic? That'll help you a lot! ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.