why i cant be host?

A

alonwar

i tried to make custom games in battle net and no1 comes i waited along time more then half an hour and still nothing so i thought no 1 want to come maby boring game. but i ask my friend and he told me that the game wasnt on the game list so i triend sevrel times and nothing. so i ask u for help why cant i be host? plz answer me fast as u can.

K

krakka-1

this should be in the blizzard tech forum but nevertheless,

You may not be able to host for several reasons:

-You're firewall does not allow port 6112
-If you are on a router, you did not configure it to allow port 6112

I don't see why how you had the courage to wait half an hour but even if you cannot host, the game name should still show on the game list, the result of someone trying to join will just be a temporarily freeze of the game. (how good your connection is determines the wait(at least for my computer))

Check the firewall tutorial here:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/firewall.php

Good luck setting up.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

If you want a simple guide on how to open a port on a linksys router...

ok...you have a linksys router. Classic. It is actually not all that complicated to open ports. You just need to follow a few steps.

#1 Determine your IP
This part entails a trip to (I'm assuming your running Windows XP) the Microsoft Command Prompt. This can be found under Accessories in the Start Menu.
Click on it, and you will see an old style MS-DOS command prompt. Please, refrain from shaking, quaking, or puking. That over with, enter in the following phrase "ipconfig" This should bring up some pretty numbers, but there are only two you need to look at. Obviously, IP Address is one of them. The other is the Default Gateway, which more often than not (in my experience) is 192.168.1.1 (wow, I think I have memorized that number by now).

Armed with those two numbers, head to your nearest Internet Browser. Please, avoid Internet Explorer like the plauge, but if you must, you can use it. What really matters is the Address Bar in the browser. Enter in the Default Gateway number (192.168.1.1, if you forgot) and now we shall move on to step 2.

#2- Praying You Didn't Set A Password And Forgot It (Honest, It Happened to Me)
This step is simple. If you haven't set a password already, enter in Admin for the first field and Admin for the password. Moving on...

#3- The Good Stuff (Not Really)
This is where you get to open your ports. Go to the tab on the far right, titled "Advanced" or something. Its Really Advanced. Then, you will have a whole new set of tabs. Tabs are fun, aren't they? Click on the second one from the left, titled Port Forwarding. Behold...

#4- What The Heck Is This?
Conquer any gut reactions. This screen mostly involves clicking and entering in
a couple of numbers. Remember that IP Address? You're going to need it. In the field on the far left, Where it says something about a range of ports or somesuch, enter in the Warcraft III default port. But wait, I haven't mentioned what that was, have I? No matter, you can just set a range from 6110 in the first field to 6115 for the second. Then, move your eyes to the center. There
should be some clicky options. Click them. Now, gaze upon the IP Addy. Oh, now your going to complain about how I made you remember the whole Ip Address when you only needed the last number. Oops. Enter in the last digit of the IP Address (like 1, 2, 3, 4) and you should be good to go. Click the last checkbox to enable it. and then finish.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.