Why is it that...(Off Topic)

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Does anyone know why is it that most of the questions people ask these days are kinda of noobish and could be answered by looking at another Thread that was alrdy created...if i'm not the only one reconizing it tell me, can someone tell me y?

What has happened to the natural skill warcraft 3 fans are born with? (like i was)
is it all being torn away by that good for nothing Trigger Brain Eating device WEU?

srry if i kinda went a little...a LOT off topic..lol...just wondering how this happened?

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
It hasn't just sprung up. People just never read the rules or learn to use the search button.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Lol....well it looksl ike it spuring up to me...i mean...i may not have been here long but i feel like i've know everyone for the longest...so to me it seems like it just sprung up....then again...as u state it just hasn't.. :confused:

----------btw---------
How do i change that little annoying note thingy unde rmy name to whatever i want like your's? i've never figured it out.... :banghead:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
hero12341234 said:
----------btw---------
How do i change that little annoying note thingy unde rmy name to whatever i want like your's? i've never figured it out.... :banghead:

You cant, only us speical members can.

Sargon

Reaction score
hero12341234 said:
Does anyone know why is it that most of the questions people ask these days are kinda of noobish and could be answered by looking at another Thread that was alrdy created...if i'm not the only one reconizing it tell me, can someone tell me y?

It's always been like that.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
no, it hasnt. according to thhe vet members, TH was once a very good, helpful place, and it still is, its just hard to see through all the pollution the noobs have been causing.

and for the signitures. only moderators or admins can have those.

-edit-

shit, sargon, i just realized youre a vet member. :D
well, according to alex, conan, and maybe TH...im not sure.

Sargon

Reaction score
No, it's always been a good, helpful place.

It's just that there's also always been a bunch of noobs who post topics that are being answered on the first page three times.

The two are not mutually exclusive. They can exist at the same time. One has to do with the quality of the responses, the other has to do with the quality of the questions.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah but the point is that all the questions are being answered. I am personally proud of the job the Volunteer Helpers are doing in World Editor Help. Damn fine job guys!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Sargon's partly right.

First off, this never "sprung up". You've ALWAYS had noobs with questions that could be answered with a search. You've ALWAYS had noobs that double post, swear, etc. etc. etc.

The only reason you're noticing it more NOW is because there's so MANY of them now.

However, what you fail to remember is that all the older noobs who stuck around learned. I used to be pretty bad. I actually got busted for flaming Conan a long time ago, ROFL! But now I'm like... One of the oldest members, right up there WITH Conan.

Ratio's the same: Noobs:Vets.

Rad

Reaction score
My best guess would be it sort of "sprung up" because they added the tutorial repository and the world editor script is getting better. More tutorials and resources = better result in search engine = more people who dont know alot (noobs) = spam/double posting/dumb questions and of course the lack of search.

Even I havent been here long, theres manymanymany people here who have been here 5~10x longer than me (Mods probrably 500x) but I do see alot of repeat questions (Lately activateable auras), and double posting (Usually one a day at least..) lately. It will only get worse.. so try your best to teach them rather than just be annoyed by it. (I usually +rep saying 'use forum search next time' or 'dont double post'. Why +rep? because if it were me I wouldnt have read the rules either :p)

w/e said:
and for the signitures. only moderators or admins can have those.

There should be a rep or post amount for signatures... I mean... why only mods.. that means I dont have a chance :'(

I help just as much as they do (maybe)

EDIT~I passed Sargon in posts too... :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
To be honest, I think most of the staff doesn't like Signatures... Just another thing for them to have to worry about. Long ones are annoying. Signatures with bad stuff in them are annoying. Etc. etc. So, they leave them to people who they trust. Mods and up.

Rad, posts don't matter. It's your attitude that's keeping you from becoming a mod.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
w/e said:
shit, sargon, i just realized youre a vet member. :D
well, according to alex, conan, and maybe TH...im not sure.

If Sargon is a vet, then lots of members are. Sargon joined few days after me :)

Rad

Reaction score
Rad, posts don't matter. It's your attitude that's keeping you from becoming a mod.

I was never trying to become a mod in the first place..lol

Besides I dont try to have a bad attitude... but I get pissed when mods/admins go at me for minor things.. especially when another mod/admin has already done the same thing. Its not my fault... If I dont complain to someone it wont stop and that thought just makes me go :banghead:

Krakka said:
If Sargon is a vet, then lots of members are. Sargon joined few days after me :)

I dont see u around as much as Sargon, not sure why maybe you use a different forum area (within th.net) or maybe u arent on as much. Either way that makes you a vet to, right?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Besides I dont try to have a bad attitude... but I get pissed when mods/admins go at me for minor things.. especially when another mod/admin has already done the same thing. Its not my fault... If I dont complain to someone it wont stop and that thought just makes me go :banghead:

Minor things by whose standards?

Multiple mods trying to reprimand someone for something typically means "you're still doing it, and ya ain't getting the point there, kiddo".

Not your fault? I think I went over that once before.

But let's not get into this here. That's all I have to say about it.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
w/e said:
no, it hasnt. according to thhe vet members, TH was once a very good, helpful place, and it still is, its just hard to see through all the pollution the noobs have been causing.

Not necessarily. It used to be smaller, with more experienced mappers like Darg, Ryoko, sATARa, and Mind helping alot.

More and more people came, and the site grew. The reason it seems like there are more newbies is because the site's growing.

You'd be surprised there was more chaos about a year ago than there is now.

Sargon

Reaction score
Krakka said:

Krakka speaks reason.

Besides, I'm not just a vet, I'm a mod. :p

As for signatures, we don't want to have to deal with regulating their content (as well as answering a billion "why can't I put images in my signature?" questions), so we keep them very exclusive.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
the only prob is the lack of searching, ppl jsut post, even after we tell them to search, and still, even afterh mem leak tuts, whic h i thought would stop this, ppl ask daily about them, i tell them to go check out tuts. then 10 other ppl post after me answering questions.....there enlies another prob.

im not complaining, just saying

i was once like them, didnt know shit, jsut trying to learn, I asked a lot of questions, but always tried to search first, and now I know some stuff , and help, but it has gotten to the point where I only read threasd with very few replies, cuz then I have a better chance to actually help the person, without my post being muttled with all the other bs

BTW, I would like to have a sig. but I think the whole no pics thing, only links is sorta poo... :(

Sargon

Reaction score
Sure, why not? That would make you a super-vet or something.

The question is, how does one define "vet?" Do we go by user status on the forum? Whether or not one is a regular poster? Rep? Post count?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.